Did Jesus descend into hell per the Apostles' Creed?

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟101,923.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to Apostles' Creed:

he [Jesus] descended into hell;
on the third day, he rose again from the dead;
Oxford Dictionaries:

1. (in some religions) the place believed to be the home of devils and where bad people go after death
  2. a very unpleasant experience or situation in which people suffer very much
I don't think Jesus descended into hell in Oxford's sense. See Where was Jesus between his death and resurrection?. Some churches decided to change the phraseology:

more churches to remove a needless stumbling block by changing the wording to something like “he descended to the dead” (as many churches already have).
Jesus descended to the heart of the earth.

Also, I would replace "one holy catholic church" with "one holy church."

Qubit

Mar 6, 2024
USA
✟17,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Church generally does not interpret Ephesians 4:9 correctly. They falsely assume that the verse refers to Jesus descending *after* he died on the Cross. The correct interpretation is that Jesus *first* descended to the Womb of Mary...

John 6:38
"For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me."

Ephesians 4:9 is referring to the descent of Jesus when he *first* came down, i.e., to incarnate.

We have confirmation here...

Psalms 139:15
"My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth."

Thus, both lowest and lower parts of the Earth are euphemism for the Womb.

Read it again with Psalms 139:15 in mind...

Ephesians 4:9
Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

According to some Scholars, Jesus went to Hell...

...some interpret this of Christ's descent into hell, which must be understood not locally, but of his enduring the wrath of God for sin, which was equivalent to the torments of hell, and of his being in the state of the dead;

Really? Let us keep reading...

...but it may rather design the whole of his humiliation, as his descent from heaven and incarnation in the virgin's womb, where his human nature was curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth;

And there we have it. Jesus *first* descended into the Womb of Mary, i.e., the lower parts of the Earth.

Jonah was in the 'belly', again another reference to the Womb.

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟300,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Oxford Dictionaries:

I don't think Jesus descended into hell in Oxford's sense. See Where was Jesus between his death and resurrection?. Some churches decided to change the phraseology:

I would say that the evidence indicates that Jesus did descend to hell. That's why there are imprisoned spirits there that he preached to, 1 Peter 3:19, 2 Peter 2:4.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟300,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Define hell
It's a place of imprisoned spirits 2 Peter 2:4, 1 Peter 3:19. A supernatural realm. It's where Jesus descended to and defeated death (Acts 2:31). took the keys of the prison cell. Revelation 1:18. It's a place of separation from God, binding, inescapable (except for by Jesus). Jonah 2:1-6.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟300,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Then, by your definition, Jesus descended into hell.

See Oxford's definition.
Here is st Augustine on the apostles creed:

On the contrary, It is said in the Creed: "He descended into hell": and the Apostle says (Ephesians 4:9): "Now that He ascended, what is it, but because He also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?" And a gloss adds: "that is—into hell."

I answer that It was fitting for Christ to descend into hell. First of all, because He came to bear our penalty in order to free us from penalty, according to Isaiah 53:4: "Surely He hath borne our infirmities and carried our sorrows." But through sin man had incurred not only the death of the body, but also descent into hell. Consequently since it was fitting for Christ to die in order to deliver us from death, so it was fitting for Him to descend into hell in order to deliver us also from going down into hell. Hence it is written (Hosea 13:14): "O death, I will be thy death; O hell, I will be thy bite." Secondly, because it was fitting when the devil was overthrown by the Passion that Christ should deliver the captives detained in hell, according to Zechariah 9:11: "Thou also by the blood of Thy Testament hast sent forth Thy prisoners out of the pit." And it is written (Colossians 2:15): "Despoiling the principalities and powers, He hath exposed them confidently." Thirdly, that as He showed forth His power on earth by living and dying, so also He might manifest it in hell, by visiting it and enlightening it. Accordingly it is written (Psalm 23:7): "Lift up your gates, O ye princes," which the gloss thus interprets: "that is—Ye princes of hell, take away your power, whereby hitherto you held men fast in hell"; and so "at the name of Jesus every knee should bow," not only "of them that are in heaven," but likewise "of them that are in hell," as is said in Philippians 2:10.

I answer that, A thing is said to be in a place in two ways. First of all, through its effect, and in this way Christ descended into each of the hells, but in different manner. For going down into the hell of the lost He wrought this effect, that by descending thither He put them to shame for their unbelief and wickedness: but to them who were detained in Purgatory He gave hope of attaining to glory: while upon the holy Fathers detained in hell solely on account of original sin, He shed the light of glory everlasting.

In another way a thing is said to be in a place through its essence: and in this way Christ's soul descended only into that part of hell wherein the just were detained. so that He visited them "in place," according to His soul, whom He visited "interiorly by grace," according to His Godhead. Accordingly, while remaining in one part of hell, He wrought this effect in a measure in every part of hell, just as while suffering in one part of the earth He delivered the whole world by His Passion.

Reply to Objection 3. These words of Peter are referred by some to Christ's descent into hell: and they explain it in this sense: "Christ preached to them who formerly were unbelievers, and who were shut up in prison"—that is, in hell—"in spirit"—that is, by His soul. Hence Damascene says (De Fide Orth. iii): "As He evangelized them who are upon the earth, so did He those who were in hell"; not in order to convert unbelievers unto belief, but to put them to shame for their unbelief, since preaching cannot be understood otherwise than as the open manifesting of His Godhead. which was laid bare before them in the lower regions by His descending in power into hell.

The topic has some nuance to it. But, I think that, given the nuance, the apostles creed is accurate. Even if Webster dictionary doesn't get into the weeds on it. And I'm not Catholic by the way.

Either way, seems fair to say that he went to an underworld. Where spirits were held in bonds and chains. And this includes evil spirits. Which we often associate with the concept of hell today.

• Agree
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Oxford Dictionaries:

The soul is immortal and sentient. If it wasn't Jesus wouldn't have said things that will be discussed in this post.

First Order Logic. Jesus is the very Presence of God, therefore "it is certain" that "if" He even insinuated that the Soul is immortal and capable of being sentient outside the body, that the Soul "is indeed" immortal.

I am certain of this not by personal pet theology, but because of God Incarnate's very own words. Jesus didn't just ENTER Sheol (The scripturally referenced Place of the Dead) and break sentient souls from the grasp of Satan, but He prophesied He would do that very thing in one of His most riveting statements involving one of the most potent words in scripture.

Mark 3:22 The Torah-teachers who came down from Yerushalayim said, “He has Ba‘al-Zibbul in him,” and “It is by the ruler of the demons that he expels the demons.” 23 But he called them and spoke to them in parables: “How can Satan expel Satan? 24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom can’t survive; 25 and if a household is divided against itself, that household can’t survive. 26 So if Satan has rebelled against himself and is divided, he can’t survive either; and that’s the end of him. 27 Furthermore, no one can break into a strong man’s house and make off with his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man. After that, he can ransack his house. 28 Yes! I tell you that people will be forgiven all sins and whatever blasphemies they utter; 29 however, someone who blasphemes against the Ruach HaKodesh never has forgiveness but is guilty of an eternal sin.” 30 For they had been saying, “He has an unclean spirit in him.”​

Okay, Ba' al, the Pegan name for the Highest Pagen god. al-Zibbul, Of the Flies. Satan is the "god of death", because where ever death is, flies will surely be buzzing. Now, Jesus slips in a prophecy, while He is lambasting the Teachers of the Torah in the only passage of scripture where Jesus does this. (I was kidding about the only passage of scripture thing).

Jesus is literally saying that the KEYS of Death (AKA to the Realm of The Dead) are about to become HIS.

(Revelation 1:8) I am He that liveth, and was dead; and behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen, and have the keys of hell and of death.

Who had those keys before? (Hebrews 2:14) His death might destroy the one who has the power of DEATH - The devil. <- Ba'al-Zibbul

How did Jesus get those keys? The first part of Hebrews 2:14 reveals this. Now since the children have flesh and blood in common, Jesus also shared in these, so that through His death He might destroy the one holding the power of death—that is, the Devil​
The Strong Man in Mark 3 is Satan. Jesus BOUND SATAN (Jude 1:6) at Golgotha.
Jude 1:6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their proper dwelling—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day
It is immediately after the ascension that Jesus has Michael cast Satan and his Angels down to this earth, where they are CHAINED in the Darkness of this Dying Earth that awaits Jesus Christ's PHYSICAL Return.

Revelation 12:5 But she gave birth to a Son—a male who is going to shepherd all nations with an iron scepter—and her child was caught up to God and to His throne. 6 ....... 7 Then war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon. The dragon and his angels also fought, 8 but he could not prevail, and there was no place for them in heaven any longer. 9 So the great dragon was thrown out—the ancient serpent, who is called the Devil and Satan, the one who deceives the whole world. He was thrown to earth, and his angels with him.
Okay, but what about where the HOLY SPIRIT (VERY SOUL) of Jesus Christ was when Jesus Christ was Made Dead in the Realm of the Living? Jesus and His Father Share the Same Identical SOUL. "Do you not believe that MY Father is IN ME, as I am IN MY FATHER?" HOLY GHOST, HOLY SPIRIT, HOLY SOUL..... "Do you not believe that (The very Soul of my Father) is IN ME, as (The Very Soul of ME) is in MY Father?

Now look at Mark, again....
Mark 3:28 however, someone who blasphemes against the Ruach HaKodesh never has forgiveness but is guilty of an eternal sin.” 30 For they had been saying, “He has an unclean spirit (Pneuma / SOUL) in him.” Acts 5:32 N-ANS GRK: καὶ τὸ πνεῦμα τὸ ἅγιον NAS: and [so is] the Holy Spirit, whom KJV: [so is] also the Holy Ghost, whom God
Don't get hung up on the fact that Soul in Hebrew is Spirit in Greek and all that Jazz. This is simple. Spirit of God, The Father is Spirit. Body of God - The Son (Messenger of YHWH with the name of YHWH written within Him). That Leaves THE SOUL. God is Infinite. I'm pretty certain that I'm susceptible to mob violence at this moment, but I'm working up for my study in Hebrews and this was the best place to do it.​
I'm handing over a "pearl" here! Someone who blasphemes against the Ruach HaKodesh is blaspheming against the FATHER, BECAUSE The Father and the Son... SHARE the SAME Soul! Father - Spirit, Son - Body, Ruach HaKodesh - HOLY SOUL of GOD! Ofcoarse God is Three! But, Hear oh Israel, do you not know that The LORD YOUR GOD, Who's VERY IMAGE (LIKENESS) that you are made in, is UNE.

I was hoping you may have already looked into this on your "Trinity" Thread when I tried to lightly broach the matter with purposefully stuttering words. Before you think I'm nuts, go back to all of your questions in scripture about the VERY Mysteries involving the Being of God and see if the "Spiritual Theorem" answers them. Please, at least test it in scripture before you lean on your own understanding on the matter. I'm willing to suggest that it won't fail you. Why? Because I'm too dumb to think it up... and that's all I will say about the matter.

Did Jesus and the Apostles Believe in Ghosts? (Immortal disembodied sentient souls)

Matthew 24:26 When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear.
5326 [e] Phantasma PHANTASMA <-​

Mark 6:49 but when they saw him walking on the lake, they thought he was a ghost. They cried out,
Again.... PHANTASMA​
5326. phantasma

Strong's Concordance
phantasma: an appearance, apparition

Original Word: φάντασμα, ατος, τό
Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
Transliteration: phantasma
Phonetic Spelling: (fan'-tas-mah)
Definition: an appearance, apparition
Usage: an apparition, ghost, spirit, phantom.​

First order Logic, did Jesus or the Holy Spirit at any time ever suggest that "This belief is a lie", in scripture?

Luke 24:39 Look at My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself! Touch Me and see, because a ghost does not have flesh and bones as you can see I have.”​

First order Logic, did Jesus say, "why do you believe in the false idea of the Immortal, disembodied soul?"
Is Jesus an author of confusion? Do or do not His words carry the HIGHEST theological weight?

Let's go a step further. Did Jesus insinuate that there is a realm of sentient disembodied Souls?

Luke 16:22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried.

The Beggar dies and his corpse most likely was found and disposed of because he was too poor to afford a grave. Remember, first order Logic, there's the Grave... which the KJV improperly translates Sheol to.

The Rich Man dies and was buried. (GRAVE) NOT SHEOL.

The Beggar is "Carried to Abraham's side"... and this PARABLE is being told before Jesus died, so why not HEAVEN?
Hebrews 11:39 These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised, 40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Hebrews gives the answer. Yes, I'm saying that Jesus Jail Broke Sentient souls form SHEOL which in no way is a metaphor for the GRAVE.

23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side
Here the Greek equivalent for Sheol is used and we see that the Pharisee is Tormented and Jealous that Lazarus is living in the good part of the Realm of the Dead.​

24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’
The Pharisee sees that Lazarus is at Spiritual Peace, while the Pharisee is full of horrible anguish and asks if Lazarus can simply give him a drop of the Peace that he witnesses within Lazarus.

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony.
Abraham is revealing to the Pharisee that he had recognition, wealth and the rewards of being a selfish hard hearted man that was perceived as Righteous in the Flesh to others. He then points out that Lazarus was simple and lowly, thus poor and spited by many in his life. Abraham politely tells the Pharisee that his inner agony isn't a thing to be washed away. There is only true Spiritual peace available to the POOR OF SPIRIT, the MEAK, the BROKEN HEARTED.​

26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.
The Pharisee is convicted in his Heart and has repented. Yet there is no way to go from the bad side to the good side, not to mention that Abraham is stuck in a nice place, within Sheol, yet not HOME, yet.​

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’
This unknown dead Pharisee is convicted and asks that somehow the GENTILES who are HUNGRY for JESUS (Lazarus is also a metaphor for Gentile nations) can go and witness to his Hard Hearted Torah teaching brothers... so that they do not live with the inner anguish that the unknown Pharisee is living with. The REPENTANT Pharisee is also asking for a DEAD Soul to go in GHOSTLY form to convict his Stone Hearted brethren of... THE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ (Living Water)... as he sees it's results manifested in the Peace within Lazarus.​
29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’
Jesus was foretold in Torah, but the pride of his 5 brothers is too great for them to see it.

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’
Now, in this place of the dead, The repentant Pharisee is begging that Lazarus, the saved meek man that is a literal occurrence in Sheol and a figurative prophecy of the Gentiles to come... go and witness to his hard hearted kin. This is a picture of unbelieving Israel and believing Israel that gives up it's identity to be part of THE BODY OF CHRIST. It is also a picture of a soul in Sheol Repenting. Yet, make no mistake, I'm certain that this is a real occurrence and that a certain CHARLES DICKENS understood the deep message within the messages within messages of the MESSAGE of THE LIVING WORD.

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”
These 5 didn't BELIEVE in Jesus when HE was right in front of them. I assure you, the one brother here, REPENTED before the HOLY SPIRIT of CHRIST when He entered Sheol... and found salvation. I know this, in my soul. Can I prove it? Not exactly, but I can imagine how the AUTHOR of Love WHO desired that none should be lost and ALL come to repentance would have handled this.​
There's a new batch waiting in Sheol. Some will arise to Glory and others to Shame.​

Luke 23:46 Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.
Now, Jesus is telling His Father, after having been Spiritually Cut off from HIM, IN OUR PLACE (Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?)... That The Father alone is HIS Judge... and BOOOOOOOMMMMM

Post Continued onto next Post Number-------

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Continued from Post number 8​
1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, that He might bring you to God,

Why do I never use this verse to refute the doctrine of Limited Atonement? Because it is too special of a verse to utilize as it reveals the very presence of Ruach HaKodesh operating VISUALLY in the Realm of the DEAD.

But, if we are only going to be with God when He RETURNS and we are RESSURECTED, then Why did Jesus say this in person or through His Apostles?

John 14:2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?
2 Corinthians 5:11 For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

John 13:36 Simon Peter said to him, “Lord, where are you going?” Jesus answered him, “Where I am going you cannot follow me now, but you will follow afterward.”

John 17:24 Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world.

John 5:24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

Our Bodies WILL see the Grave, but who cares about the Tent, Our Souls will bypass Sheol and Abode with Jesus in Heaven!

2 Corinthians 5:4 Indeed, we groan while we are in this tent, burdened as we are, because we do not want to be unclothed but clothed, so that mortality may be swallowed up by life.
Paul, the TENT MAKER (Spiritual for Maker of Spiritual Tabernacle and literal in career)... Talks about our Tabernacles, as in Houses of the Holy Spirit of Christ, Groaning towards DEATH. Mortality swallowed up... This is a talk of our death!

5 And the One who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave us the Spirit as a down payment.
We are prepared with Death and SEALED by the same Holy Spirit of Christ that Jail Broke SHEOL!
6 So, we are always confident and know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord.
If we read this to mean that it is not about death, it still has spiritual value that is wise. BUT... I haven't given VERSE 1, just YET. It is saying that when we are ALIVE on Earth (Home in the Body and double so IN THE BODY OF CHRIST here at present), we are Absent from Jesus.
7 For we walk by faith, not by sight, 8 and we are confident and satisfied to be out of the body and at home with the Lord.
When this TENT Dies, we will be Home with Jesus, IN HEAVEN! The Church needed to be assured of this because it was being slaughtered in droves, 1 Tent at a time! Lions! Crosses lining streets with Christians who's heads had been dipped in oil. Beheading. Sawing in TWAIN... This is IMPORTANT for the ever present possibility of being Martyred in HIs NAME. How do we KNOW we will go to be with HIM upon death? We have FAITH!

This same Paul said this in Philippians 1:23 But I am hard-pressed from both directions, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better;

Paul is longing for DEATH... SO HE can be with JESUS! He wants to go to HEAVEN. He knows that His Soul will go there upon death and believed this so sternly that this occurred: Foxes Book of Martyrs "Paul, the apostle, who before was called Saul, after his great travail and unspeakable labors in promoting the Gospel of Christ, suffered also in this first persecution under Nero. Abdias, declareth that under his execution Nero sent two of his esquires, Ferega and Parthemius, to bring him word of his death. They, coming to Paul instructing the people, desired him to pray for them, that they might believe; who told them that shortly after they should believe and be baptised at His sepulcher. This done, the soldiers came and led him out of the city to the place of execution, where he, after his prayers made, gave his neck to the sword."
1 Peter 3:18 after being put to death in the fleshly realm
This is the most accurate rendering of this passage! It combines the θανατωθεὶς and the σαρκὶ to fully follow through as intended. To state thanatōtheis in the passage was MORE than sufficient to render that Christ DIED... but to add sarki makes it clear that this in in refrence to a removal of Christ from the Sarks (Realm of Flesh)​
1 Peter 3:18 but made alive in the spiritual realm.
Same EXACT matter! The Greek renders Quickened in the Spiritual or MADE ALIVE IN THE SPIRITUAL zōopoiētheis / pneumati
You saw the verse where Jesus specifies that HE is NOT a Spirit / Ghost / Phantasm. It would be ignoring all of Jesus' and the Disciples words on this matter. You can't have Pneumati seperated from the sarki and come to ANY other conclusion. It is first order logic air tight.

19 In that state He also went and made a proclamation to the spirits in prison 20 who in the past were disobedient, when God patiently waited in the days of Noah while an ark was being prepared. In it a few—that is, eight people—were saved through water.
In that state (No Sarki) only in (Pneumati)! This is the proper handling of the Greek! To say that this STATE is POST Resurrection or Pre Crucifixion would be to insinuate that Jesus was NOT in the SARKI. No Flesh would equal no Hebrews 2:14.
So then, we now know that it makes sense that (Those disobedient in the Time of Noah) are referenced. God wiped out the flesh, but is addressing their sentient Immortal Souls in a VERY NON-Metaphorical Place.
Proof verse, in light of the Law being fulfilled by Context of Paul:
Romans 10:6 Moreover, the righteousness grounded in trusting says:
“Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend to heaven?’” —​
This is to say that if the Law is unfulfilled, Messiah has to return and complete what He didn't complete.

that is, to bring the Messiah down —​
This is exactly why Paul says that it would force Messiah to return.

7 or, “‘Who will descend into Sh’ol?’” —​
This is exactly why Paul says that to suggest that the Saved will REST IN THE GRAVE or LITERAL SHEOL more accurately, that Christ was never Dead in the flesh, and that He never BOUND UP THE STRONG MAN, so that HE The Holy Spirit of Christ (Romans 8:9,10,11,12,13,14,15) would have to do that over again, as if He never accomplished it.
that is, to bring the Messiah up from the dead. 8 What, then, does it say?

“The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart.”

Here, Paul is specifying that Jesus is In Heaven at the right hand of THE FATHER, while Christ's Holy Spirit has been dispatched into our VERY HEARTS.

Proof Verse.

Matthew 27:50 And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.​

51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split 52 and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53 They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people.
First order logic: The Father (Spirit) of God is IN HEAVEN. The Son (Body/Presence/Face/Image) is in the Tomb. So... WHO Ripped that Curtain? Who BROKE those Souls free from the Strong Man? After Jesus' literal Resurrection Evidence was given to verify that Believers would never be left to ROT in the GRAVE, EVER AGAIN. We have PASSED from Death to Life and will not be JUDGED.

Final Proof:

Ephesians 4:8 For it says: When He ascended on high, He took prisoners into captivity; He gave gifts to people.
He didn't go back Alone!
Psalm 68:8 You ascended on high, leading a host of captives in your train and receiving gifts among men, even among the rebellious, that the Lord God may dwell there.
Luke 23:43 Yeshua said to him, “Yes! I promise that you will be with me today in Gan-‘Eden.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟300,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
‭Acts 2:22-28, 31-32 ESV‬
[22] “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a man attested to you by God with mighty works and wonders and signs that God did through him in your midst, as you yourselves know— [23] this Jesus, delivered up according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God, you crucified and killed by the hands of lawless men. [24] God raised him up, loosing the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held by it. [25] For David says concerning him, “‘I saw the Lord always before me, for he is at my right hand that I may not be shaken; [26] therefore my heart was glad, and my tongue rejoiced; my flesh also will dwell in hope. [27] For you will not abandon my soul to Hades, or let your Holy One see corruption. [28] You have made known to me the paths of life; you will make me full of gladness with your presence.’
[31] David by foreseeing this spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that he was neither abandoned to Hades, nor did his body experience decay. [32] This Jesus God raised up, and we are all witnesses of it.

Jesus, was not abandoned to Hades. He was there, in the underworld, and he left with the keys, revelation 1:17-18.

• Agree
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
‭Acts 2:22-28, 31-32 ESV‬
[22] “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a man attested to you by God with mighty works and wonders and signs that God did through him in your midst, as you yourselves know— [23] this Jesus, delivered up according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God, you crucified and killed by the hands of lawless men. [24] God raised him up, loosing the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held by it. [25] For David says concerning him, “‘I saw the Lord always before me, for he is at my right hand that I may not be shaken; [26] therefore my heart was glad, and my tongue rejoiced; my flesh also will dwell in hope. [27] For you will not abandon my soul to Hades, or let your Holy One see corruption. [28] You have made known to me the paths of life; you will make me full of gladness with your presence.’
[31] David by foreseeing this spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that he was neither abandoned to Hades, nor did his body experience decay. [32] This Jesus God raised up, and we are all witnesses of it.

Jesus, was not abandoned to Hades. He was there, in the underworld, and he left with the keys, revelation 1:17-18.
I’m guessing that Satan had a rather terrible temper tantrum when all of the smoke settled.

1 Corinthians 2:8 None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Genesis 3:15
And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring[a] and hers;
he will crush[b] your head,
and you will strike his heel.”

Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0