• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

depressed about stretchmarks from anorexia

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When I was 19 I had anorexia from being bullied at work (I am 50 now). I am praying for divine healing. Does anyone else get depressed about stretchmarks caused by an eating disorder?:confused:

Instead of looking at them as a problem, think of them rather, that they are a sign of something you conquered (anorexia).

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi Steflou,

After consecrating my Heart to Jesus' Sacred Heart daily and to our Blessed Virgin Mary Mother of God's Holy Immaculate Heart while focussing on Jesus, His bitter Passion, Jesus' Life and Sorrowful Stations of His Cross and the sufferings of our Blessed Virgin Mary living in the worst conditions in poverty during Jesus' Life - while handing everything in my life offering these up for all of The Holy Souls in Purgatory - Jesus/God/The Holy Spirit took all of the external things away from me many years ago - with me not concerned at all about my outward appearance with the exception of hair as a treat every now and then.

I understand what you are feeling - given I have been there and done that earlier in my life (the 30s and early 40's) however I am telling you these things for your soul good eternally in Jesus/Gods Holy Will Steflou - and during your life now - because after handing over these earthly things to Jesus Christ our Saviour - with Trust in Him - He will heal you in His Holy Will - just as Jesus healed me from consciousness (self consciousness) vanity for the most part (not referring to you at all - this is myself), external stuff.

Love your scars - Jesus wears His Holy Wounds while in Heaven Steflou,

Love and Kindest wishes your Sister in Jesus Christ our Saviour

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I agree wholeheartedly with LilLamb and this was the exact feeling in my heart I was trying to message across to you Steflou - looking at what you have endured as a Blessing and the trial conquered then offering it up - which occurs with myself daily/weekly in all manner of things (us all).

I respect your beliefs in relation to Holy Purgatory Steflou,

May Jesus/God/The Holy Spirit continue Blessing you greatly,

Love and kindest wishes your sister in Jesus Christ our Saviour

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Instead of looking at them as a problem, think of them rather, that they are a sign of something you conquered (anorexia).

^^This^^
Place all of your worries into the hands of the most Holy Theotokos and she will take care of you in your trials.

Walk in peace sister.

Upvote 0