Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,094,235.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I have a 12 year-old cat who has been very healthy with one exception. Some years ago she was having the symptoms of urinary tract infection, which is the number one cause of death in cats. I prayed to know what to do. The previous cat that I took to the vet came back with an infection, which I’m sure came from there so I was not keen on going to a vet.

I was told to give her some iron, inaudibly, and when I reality checked online, I saw that urinary tract infection in cats was associated with low iron. So she has been fine for years after getting more iron.

But she has different symptoms now, like diarrhea. And when I have prayed, so far, I have not gotten an answer as to what to do. She does not seem to be suffering. But she is not eating very well.

Please help me to pray to know what to do, to take her to the vet or whatever. I am giving her antibiotics and probiotics and echinacea and goldenseal currently.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,736,271.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have a 12 year-old cat who has been very healthy with one exception. Some years ago she was having the symptoms of urinary tract infection, which is the number one cause of death in cats. I prayed to know what to do. The previous cat that I took to the vet came back with an infection, which I’m sure came from there so I was not keen on going to a vet.

I was told to give her some iron, inaudibly, and when I reality checked online, I saw that urinary tract infection in cats was associated with low iron. So she has been fine for years after getting more iron.

But she has different symptoms now, like diarrhea. And when I have prayed, so far, I have not gotten an answer as to what to do. She does not seem to be suffering. But she is not eating very well.

Please help me to pray to know what to do, to take her to the vet or whatever. I am giving her antibiotics and probiotics and echinacea and goldenseal currently.
I would definitely take her to the vet.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟207,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Dear Lord, I pray for wisdom for LoricaLady as regards the cat that You have placed in her care. Help her to resolve this problem or find a decent vet who will not make the problems worse. In Christ’s Name, Amen

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟359,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

That's interesting because iron causes constipation?
Prayers for you and kitty. Take heart, my cats lived to 18 and 19 years old. She has a long way to go.:)

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,094,235.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Diarrhea? Has she been drinking milk-I mean, the kind we drink, from a cow? Much as they love it, cats can't really digest that, and it often results in problems like diarrhea.
No, no milk. She just eats canned grain free wet cat food, Wellnss Core. I am not positive but I think the Lord was leading me to be persistent with the echinacea and golden seal and lately anyway she has no diarrhoea. I give her probiotics too.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,094,235.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
That's interesting because iron causes constipation?
Prayers for you and kitty. Take heart, my cats lived to 18 and 19 years old. She has a long way to go.:)
Oh I love hearing how long your cats lived! Actually iron in excess causes diarrhoea and I may have given her too much last week. I’ve just guessed for years at the amount.

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟29,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey fellow cat lovers! Here's a vid to brighten your day...

I too had a cat that lived to 19. Though some advised not to, I only fed her dry cat food. She was never sick until the very end - so you never know about advice. I guess every cat's system is unique!

• Informative
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,094,235.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Hey fellow cat lovers! Here's a vid to brighten your day...

I too had a cat that lived to 19. Though some advised not to, I only fed her dry cat food. She was never sick until the very end - so you never know about advice. I guess every cat's system is unique!
Adorable vid. My favorite vid is one where a little boy was on his lawn playing, and when a neighborhood dog came to attack him, the boys cat suddenly flew outside of the house and bodyslammed the dog. Then the boy could run inside.

I wish I had made a video featuring my Siamese cat, now gone. I had some birds that I would sometimes let fly around just a little bit out of their cage. If the other cat would try to approach them, she would get in the way and not let that cat come near the birds.

Reactions: Pop D.
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟29,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Adorable vid. My favorite vid is one where a little boy was on his lawn playing, and when a neighborhood dog came to attack him, the boys cat suddenly flew outside of the house and bodyslammed the dog. Then the boy could run inside.

I wish I had made a video featuring my Siamese cat, now gone. I had some birds that I would sometimes let fly around just a little bit out of their cage. If the other cat would try to approach them, she would get in the way and not let that cat come near the birds.
I hear you. I once also had a border collie and a parakeet. I used to have a picture of the bird standing on her head, but lost it somewhere along the line. I didn't trust the cat though, the way she used to sit and stare at it in the cage!

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,094,235.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Here is the follow up on my cat. I was so sure she was constipated because there was no cat doo doo to be found in her litter box.

I did take her to the vet after several days of no success on natural remedies.

He said she was not constipated. He has taken blood tests and suspects that she has hyper thyroidism, which is common in cats domestic and wild.

I was glad to hear that she is not constipated. But he couldn’t give me any clue as to what the heck happened to her cat doo
doo.

She is an indoor cat who always is in my condo, which is not particularly large.

It is really a mystery to me. I have looked for any hidden cat poopy with no success. Haven’t smelled anything.

This leaves me feeling still concerned for my cat. She should be going potty.

Please pray for me to get light on this and for my cat, Ruthie, to be fine - with medication if necessary .

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,736,271.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here is the follow up on my cat. I was so sure she was constipated because there was no cat doo doo to be found in her litter box.

I did take her to the vet after several days of no success on natural remedies.

He said she was not constipated. He has taken blood tests and suspects that she has hyper thyroidism, which is common in cats domestic and wild.

I was glad to hear that she is not constipated. But he couldn’t give me any clue as to what the heck happened to her cat doo
doo.

She is an indoor cat who always is in my condo, which is not particularly large.

It is really a mystery to me. I have looked for any hidden cat poopy with no success. Haven’t smelled anything.

This leaves me feeling still concerned for my cat. She should be going potty.

Please pray for me to get light on this and for my cat, Ruthie, to be fine - with medication if necessary .
Medication will be necessary if she has hyperthyroidism. Prayers she will be okay.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,094,235.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I really appreciate people’s prayers for Ruthie. If I hadn’t thought she was constipated I wouldn’t have taken her to the vet so that he discovered another health issue.

She has been eating these past few days, though more lightly.

What goes in is supposed to come out. So puzzling.

• Friendly
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,094,235.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Still praying. Has her constipation cleared up?
Thank you for asking. I think she actually had diarrhea and I was mistaking it for urine in the little patties left in the kitty litter box.

In a little over a week, I will take her into the vet to see how she is doing on the medicine he gave her.

He said she is basically healthy. And she acts like she is fine. But I keep praying for help and insight as I know all is not alright.

The vet said emphatically that she is not constipated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pop D.
Upvote 0