Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When Matthew Gabriel arrived at Benedictine College three years ago, he was focused on one thing: baseball.

Now, he is focused on evangelization.

Baptized as a Methodist, Gabriel did not care about the Catholic faith that is present on the campus of Benedictine College, which is listed in the Newman Guide as a faithfully Catholic college.

On Divine Mercy Sunday, however, he was one of 19 Benedictine students to enter into the Church and now wants to share his new faith with the world.

“In my past life, I was addicted to sin, I didn’t really have much to live for, I struggled with depression, anxiety,” Gabriel said. “But coming to Benedictine college, I have had positive people in my life who are practicing Catholics and truly show you God’s love. Now that I am a confirmed Catholic, I really hope to have a similar impact on somebody else’s life.”

Archbishop Joseph Naumann of the Archdiocese of Kansas City, Kansas, celebrated the baptism and confirmation liturgy on Divine Mercy Sunday, welcoming the largest group of catechumens and candidates that Benedictine has had in recent memory.

Coaches prioritize spiritual growth​

Continued below.

• Informative
Reactions: DJWhalen