• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Dealing With Anger

waves

not so new
Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
✟94,770.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I am not normally an angry person, but ever since I became aware of what has been happening in my life, everything has changed. Every sense of stability and normality that I thought I had was now gone as I was forced to confront the reality of my situation. My parents were not honest with me, I had to deal with the fact that I had children who I never even knew I had.

When I did try to explain what was happening to the father of my children about the above he rejected me, he did not want to speak to me, he did not want to hear what I had to say. This helped to bring up insecurities that I had in regards to him, because I remember him rejecting me because I was too quiet, and because I was not 'hot enough,' 'not popular enough' like my friend. He did not say that bluntly, but I knew how he thought based on how he acted and some of the things he said.

Years later Jesus Christ later showed me that although he put him to be my husband, he did not want me, and was rebelling against what God was saying. So even the person, God chose to be with me did not want to be with me, which affected me greatly.

One of my former best friends (the one I talk about most of the time) is 'his type' and the same insecurieties that I had previously began to appear again. This is where I felt and still do that he was rejecting me for her. He liked hanging around her, talking to her, while I struggled with my personal insecurities, and was rejected by him when I tried to tell him the truth earlier. This affected me a whole lot, because yet again I was being rejected, where it seemed he liked another one of my friends, my former best friend.

It seemed as if no matter how hard I tried I could simply not be 'normal' like everyone else. I was not outgoing, I did not have a whole lot of friends, I had and have a lot of problems in me, that I couldn't even begin to explain to anyone the depth of what I was feeling. I remember feeling like I could just cry, cry, and cry non stop for over 24 hours, not speaking because I couldn't, the only thing I felt I could do was just cry. I could not talk about what was happening within.

Right now I am just surviving, trying to make it through each day, hoping that one day things will be better, leaning on Jesus Christ.

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,944,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @waves, I'm very sorry to hear about your struggles and your heartache, as no one deserves to be treated like you have been :(

Along with LOVING what you said in your last sentence :) .. I am praying (and like you, am hopeful as well) that the Lord will see you past this difficult time so that your life will be something MUCH more than just surviving day by day!

God bless you! (Jeremiah 29:11; Lamentations 3:22-24)

--David

Sunset over a field of red flowers with Elisabeth Ellliot.jpg

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟429,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You need support. But your people are not there for you. I went to a state mental health system when I needed support. You sound worthwhile. It’s ok to be quiet- the Bible advises it if you want to. Because of your current mental condition you have been rejected and need to start over. Can you get ssi? Or welfare?
Time heals but some help would be in order. Can you go to church?

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not normally an angry person, but ever since I became aware of what has been happening in my life, everything has changed. Every sense of stability and normality that I thought I had was now gone as I was forced to confront the reality of my situation. My parents were not honest with me, I had to deal with the fact that I had children who I never even knew I had.

When I did try to explain what was happening to the father of my children about the above he rejected me, he did not want to speak to me, he did not want to hear what I had to say. This helped to bring up insecurities that I had in regards to him, because I remember him rejecting me because I was too quiet, and because I was not 'hot enough,' 'not popular enough' like my friend. He did not say that bluntly, but I knew how he thought based on how he acted and some of the things he said.

Years later Jesus Christ later showed me that although he put him to be my husband, he did not want me, and was rebelling against what God was saying. So even the person, God chose to be with me did not want to be with me, which affected me greatly.

One of my former best friends (the one I talk about most of the time) is 'his type' and the same insecurieties that I had previously began to appear again. This is where I felt and still do that he was rejecting me for her. He liked hanging around her, talking to her, while I struggled with my personal insecurities, and was rejected by him when I tried to tell him the truth earlier. This affected me a whole lot, because yet again I was being rejected, where it seemed he liked another one of my friends, my former best friend.

It seemed as if no matter how hard I tried I could simply not be 'normal' like everyone else. I was not outgoing, I did not have a whole lot of friends, I had and have a lot of problems in me, that I couldn't even begin to explain to anyone the depth of what I was feeling. I remember feeling like I could just cry, cry, and cry non stop for over 24 hours, not speaking because I couldn't, the only thing I felt I could do was just cry. I could not talk about what was happening within.

Right now I am just surviving, trying to make it through each day, hoping that one day things will be better, leaning on Jesus Christ.

Dear waves,
This is what we have heard about our Lord Jesus Christ:
For He delivers the needy when he calls, the poor and him who has no helper. -Psalms 72:12
He has pity on the weak and the needy, and saves the lives of the needy. -Psalms 72:13
From oppression and violence he redeems their life, and precious is their blood in his sight. -Psalms 72:14

We have heard you voice your concerns to be angry but this is what we have heard:

Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices! -Psalms 37:7
Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath! Fret not yourself; it tends only to evil. -Psalms 37:8

When circumstances that makes me grief and sorrowful, this is what I pray:

Lord Jesus Christ, my Shepherd.
I bless the circumstances that bring grief and sorrow into my heart. I bless it. I receive the peace of Jesus Christ and the inheritance blessings— that is coming to me; from blessing it.
In Jesus Name I pray. Amen.

Upvote 0