W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
THIS is precious and it soooooo echoes our God's own heart. What a precious God He is. It is HE that prompts our hearts to even be receptive to, or to even care about speaking up for and defending the defenseless.

This is evidence of God, changing our hearts from "stone", to "flesh".

What a GOOD God He is.

iu
Amen.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,629,086.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
8 Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves,
for the rights of all who are destitute.
9 Speak up and judge fairly;
defend the rights of the poor and needy.

These verses really speak to me today

THIS is precious and it soooooo echoes our God's own heart. What a precious God He is. It is HE that prompts our hearts to even be receptive to, or to even care about speaking up for and defending the defenseless.

This is evidence of God, changing our hearts from "stone", to "flesh".

What a GOOD God He is.

Yes brinny, what a good God he is...

8 Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves;
ensure justice for those being crushed.
9 Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless,
and see that they get justice.
kindness.jpg

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
These verses really speak to me today

Yes brinny, what a good God he is...

kindness.jpg

Amen. What a precious demonstration of that the above picture is that you posted.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,629,086.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yes, they spoke to me as well..

I am still with the homeless...such a problem in the UK
Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves;

images

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I am still with the homeless...such a problem in the UK
Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves;

images

Precious. Amen (especially as the weather gets colder)

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone have examples of known women like this today? What is an example of this type of women this day in age?
It is not unusual for my wife to work from early in the morning until late at night. I mean from 5:10 she gets up and does not go to bed until midnight. I try to get her to take a short nap when she gets home from work before she starts cleaning the house. Often she prepares food for her friends at work.

I had a friend growing up and his mom use to take in sowing to make a little extra money. We use to like to watch the late night move on weekends so I know she would work until one or two in the morning.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 31:

What a profound and powerful chapter. God shows a glimpse of his profound wisdom and grace in His view of what a "Godly" woman is. And what we notice, is that she is a "God-fearing" woman, in that she fears nothing else, for it says that she "laughs" at the future, or "news" of the future disasters, etc. After all, what has she to "fear", but God? In other words, the fact that she has a proper fear of the living God, means that she is quite "fearless", and therefore does not "fear" the future.

Wow, what a timely message this is, as the new year, 2018, is right at the door.

If we "fear" God, there is no need to "fear" ANYTHING else. And just as this woman did not "fear" the future, neither do we need to "fear" or have "dread" of the future, for we KNOW Who HOLDS it.

il_570xN.641367554_45b7.jpg

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,629,086.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

These verses cover a whole multitude of situations and people, right now there is a lot of exploitation of children.

end-child-slavery.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,629,086.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs 31:

What a profound and powerful chapter. God shows a glimpse of his profound wisdom and grace in His view of what a "Godly" woman is. And what we notice, is that she is a "God-fearing" woman, in that she fears nothing else, for it says that she "laughs" at the future, or "news" of the future disasters, etc. After all, what has she to "fear", but God? In other words, the fact that she has a proper fear of the living God, means that she is quite "fearless", and therefore does not "fear" the future.

Wow, what a timely message this is, as the new year, 2018, is right at the door.

If we "fear" God, there is no need to "fear" ANYTHING else. And just as this woman did not "fear" the future, neither do we need to "fear" or have "dread" of the future, for we KNOW Who HOLDS it.

il_570xN.641367554_45b7.jpg

I think we both posted at the same time (chuckle)
I really like this, yes who knows what the future holds?
We have no need to fear with our wonderful Lord to take care of us

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

These verses cover a whole multitude of situations and people, right now there is a lot of exploitation of children.

end-child-slavery.jpg

Profound and powerful!!!

May we all live out and pray those verses.

Amen!!!!

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,629,086.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Profound and powerful!!!

May we all live out and pray those verses.

Amen!!!!

Yes, I will be praying for all the children

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kristen Davis

Dec 9, 2017
Alpharetta
✟11,497.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think the women who were strong and kind had much better run households then the ones who did not. They worked hard and did so much. They complimented their men and were praised and made to feel well about themselves. The proverbs 31 woman was truly remarkable in every way.

For the virtuous woman rises in the morning during harvest season gathering her crops. She is blessed by her good deeds both from her husband and her children.

Upvote 0

Kristen Davis

Dec 9, 2017
Alpharetta
✟11,497.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Proverbs 31 is probably about my fav'rite chapter of Proverbs......it has such depth to it, and God actually "spells out" (describes perfectly) what a Godly woman is, and in addition He emphasizes again, what He finds righteous and just, in verses 8 and 9:

8 "Open thy mouth for the dumb in the cause of all such as are appointed to destruction." (this is speaking out and defending those who cannot speak for, or defend themselves - as in the helpless, and in particular, the most helpless of all and most vulnerable, the pre-born babies)

9 "Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy." (This, again means to open our mouth and speak out for those who are being oppressed, abused, discounted, and cast aside.)

In verse 20 there is the description of a Godly woman's heart and character:

20 "She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy." (she RESPONDS in compassion to those who are in need. She is genuinely gracious and kind.)

in verse 26 there is the description of what comes forth from her mouth, and it is a reflection of the genuine kindness deep in her heart, and consequently the wisdom she embodies...she is a walking, breathing, "blessing":

26 "She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness."

And in verse 28, we have her children rising up and calling her bless-ed, and her husband also, and he praises her. This is a "standing ovation". Hahahaaaa! LOVE it!! (God is AWESOME, isn't He?) :clap:

28 "Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her."

AWESOME chapter! Amen!!!

bliss.gif
Yes proverbs 31 outlines how a woman of God normally acts in order to be considered righteous. I like how God also includes in a general sense what God wants out of a virtuous woman as you have already provided in your discussion post. Also I believe as a virtuous woman I have rightfully fulfilled the law long before I plan to have children or even find a husband.

Upvote 0