Boohoo moomoo, cebu
Feb 6, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟2,479.00
Faith
Catholic
Delicious Squash Casserole

4 cups summer squash, chopped (approx 3 med)

1/4 c onion, chopped

1 C grated carrot (approx 2 med)

1 C sour cream

1 can cream of whatever soup (prefer chicken or mushroom)

1/2 cup margarine, melted

8 oz box of Stove Top Stuffing (prefer chicken or herb)

Saute squash and onion for 5 min.  Mix sour cream, soup, and carrots.  Add squash and onion.  Mix margarin and stuffing together.  Put 1/2 stuffing mix in bottom of a 2-3 qt baking dish.  Spoon veggies over that, and top with remaining stuffing.  Bake 25-30 minutes at 350.

This makes an excellent side dish at Thanksgiving, or grill up a chicken breast, and eat the 2 together with a salad.  Yummy!!! :yum:

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by VOW
To Lambslove:

If your mother sends you a covered dish with Chicken Paprikash inside, WORRY!
Peace,
~VOW

Not to worry.  She passed away years ago (no chicken paprikas involved!).  If I get a package from her, I'll be scared, though!

Upvote 0

jenptcfan

My cup runneth over
Jun 15, 2002
✟14,996.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's not exactly like the real thing, but if you're in a hurry it works!

Chicken & Dumplings (Um...without Chicken!)

You take one can of cream of chicken soup and dilute it with a can of water. Mix that up and cook it until it starts bubbling. Then take a can of biscuits, flatten them out biscuit by biscuit and start pinching off pieces and putting them in the soup. Stir it frequently so it doesn't stick and cook it until the biscuit pieces aren't "doughy." Voila! Chicken and Dumplings!

Upvote 0

lucypevensie

Not drinking the kool-aid
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2002
WI
✟1,785,443.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's one with Campbell's Tomato Soup. I have a VERY picky eater in my family. My little girl gobbles this one up EVERY time I make it.

1 lb ground turkey, browned and drained
1 can tomato soup
1/2 C water
3 oz package cream cheese (let it melt in with your browned meat, etc)
1 T. worcestershire sauce
2T. sugar (yah, bad--but it's good)
8 oz. package egg noodles (cook them first)
cheddar cheese for the top

mix all this stuff together, sprinkling cheese on last, and bake 30 minutes in 2 qt. casserole @ 350.

This casserole got my daughter to eat meat. The turkey is very tender and flavorful.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by jenptcfan
It's not exactly like the real thing, but if you're in a hurry it works!

Chicken & Dumplings (Um...without Chicken!)

You take one can of cream of chicken soup and dilute it with a can of water. Mix that up and cook it until it starts bubbling. Then take a can of biscuits, flatten them out biscuit by biscuit and start pinching off pieces and putting them in the soup. Stir it frequently so it doesn't stick and cook it until the biscuit pieces aren't "doughy." Voila! Chicken and Dumplings!

Yummy!    :yum:   I bet even my pick nephew would eat this!!

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟89,485.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Another variation of Potato Casserole

10 cups frozen hashbrowns
1/2 cup milk
12 oz sour cream
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1 can cream of chicken soup
4 tablespons butter or margarine
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup crushed cornflakes.

In a 9 by 13 baking dish layer with 2 tblspn of butter. Layer 5 cups of the frozen hash browns. In a separate bowl mix soup, green onion, milk and sour cream. Spread half of the mixture over the hashbrowns. Then spread 1 cup of the cheese over that. Layer the other 5 cups of hashbrowns over that and repeat the drill. Spread crushed cornflakes over the top of it and drizzle (I hate that word) the remainder of the butter on top. Bake at 350 for about 1-1/2 hours. You'll have enough to feed an army so you might want to use it for a pot luck.  --Oh, and it's lo-cal too! LOL

Michelle

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
(in our home, this is called "Jimmy Casserole" because my son says it's his favorite!)

Browned ground beef, crumbled, and drained well
Frozen mixed veggies
Cream of whatever soup, undiluted
Frozen Tater Tots

Spray a baking dish with no-stick spray. I buy the half-size, foil steam table dishes at the warehouse store. They go straight into the freezer, and when you are done, they go into the recycle trash. Those pans are also good for lasagne and a bunch of other casseroles, too!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

Spray the baking dish, and dump in the hamburger, soup, and mixed vegetables. You can change the ingredients to accommodate your guest list, your pocketbook, and your pantry. If the soup needs stretching, add a little milk.

Now, take those Tater Tots and line them up on top of the casserole mixture. If you are a "Type A" personality like I am, you make them march like little soldiers, all in formation. If you are "Type B," then just dump the Tots on top, making sure they are in a single layer.

Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes, or until all ingredients are heated through and top has browned a bit.

IF you have any leftovers (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!), they freeze nicely for lunch the following day.

Peace,
~VOW

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Avila

Boohoo moomoo, cebu
Feb 6, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟2,479.00
Faith
Catholic
Can I add my Cincinnati Chili recipe? I got it out of a Campbell's soup cookbook (I sure wish I would've bought a copy for myself!!)

1 lb hamburger
3 T chili powder
1 green pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 can kidney beans, undrained
2 cans Tomato soup
1 T vinegar
1/4 t ground cinnamon
shredded cheddar
hot cooked spaghetti

Brown meat and chili powder in pan. Add green peppers and onions until onions are soft. Add beans and soup. Cook for about 15 minutes. Add vinegar and cinnamon; cook for another 5 minutes. Serve hot over spaghetti and top with cheese.

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
(this one doesn't QUITE qualify, but it is AWESOME!)

Round steak, London broil, or Cubed steak (whatever is on sale, LOL!)
Cambell's Golden Mushroom Soup, undiluted
Canned mushrooms
Chopped onion (you can cheat and use the dried onion!)

Throw all this into the crock pot, trying to smear as much of the soup over the steak as possible. (neatness doesn't count, LOL). Set crock pot on LOW and cook all day.

You will have the neighbors pounding on your door at dinner time, crying because of the heavenly smells, begging you to share.

Serve with noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes. (Or you can even ladle it over the baked potatoes in the other thread, LOL)

Leftovers freeze beautifully, and make incredible lunches the next day!

Peace,
~VOW

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Can I add my Cincinnati Chili recipe? I got it out of a Campbell's soup cookbook (I sure wish I would've bought a copy for myself!!)

My mom used to make that recipe all the time and I thought it was gross! :yuck:

Maybe my grown-up taste buds would like it more than my childish taste buds did :D

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟89,485.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I use 98% fat free soups; not that it makes a whole lotta difference. ;)

10 med flour tortillas

3 whole cooked chicken breasts

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 can Hormel chili no bean

1 cup salsa

1 pound grated cheddar/motz cheese

1/2 cup milk

1/2 cup chopped onion

1 small can green chilies

Mix together soups, milk, chili salsa , onions and green chilies

Cut tortillas into 1 inch squares and layer in bottom of ungreased casserole dish.

Cut chicken up into small bits and layer onto tortillas.  Add 1/2 cup of sauce to mixture.  Top with 1/2 of cheese-- Repeat for second layer....garnish with black olives and green onion if so desired.

Bake at  300 30-40 minutes.

Michelle

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

allieisme

I am ME
Apr 1, 2002
✟19,803.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I saw VOW's reply to Tator Tot Casserole, and that was going to be mine.. YUMMYYYY that is so tasty, I hardly ever make it though, but when I do, the husband and kids go crazy.
Another good one is the chicken and stove top stuffing one, I think someone mentioned before!

Upvote 0

gwyyn

May 24, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟16,071.00
Faith
Christian
Ok here is my contribution!!

chicken and brocolii casserole

4 skinless boneless chicken breast chopped up or whole (whatever suits you)

1 cup frozen brocoli

1 large can cream of mushroom soup

1 box uncle bens wild rice w/seasoning

1 bag shredded velveta cheese

Ok take a large casserole pan, spray with favorite nonstick spray.  Add a tablespoon of water to bottem, then pour in rice.  Sprinkle half of the spice packed that comes in the rice box over the rice.  Then add the chicken and brocoli. Sprinkle with the rest of the spice packet.  The spread or spoon the mushroom soup over the top.  Cover with foil and bake till the chicken and rice are done/about 45 minutes.  Remove from oven, remove foil and spread the cheese on top.  Let stand until the cheese is melted.

This is very yummy, and my two year old loves it!!!

enjoy :D

gwyyn

p.s. please feel free to take and or add from this recipe since I kinda just came up with my version of this recipe one night when craving a brocoli/chicken/rice casserole lol :wave:

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
1 pound round steak cut into strips
1 tsp butter
1 medium onion chopped
1 can mushrooms, drained
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp soy sauce
1 can cream of mushroom
6 cups cooked noodles
crushed potato chips

Brown meat in butter in a nonstick skillet. Remove meat and add onions, cook until lightly browned. Add mushrooms and cook until heated. Add the spices and the can of soup and 1/2 can water, and stir until very smooth. Add meat back to mixture and mix with noodles. Spread mixture in a large casserole and top with crushed chips. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes, until meat is done.

Upvote 0