"Close Encounters of the God Kind" (Jesse DuPlantis)

Do you believe Jesse DuPlantis when he says he was taken up into Heaven?

• Yes

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters

Northbrook

No sé vivir sin Dios
Jul 19, 2018
Chicago
✟39,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I know this DVD came out years ago, but I wanted to see how many of you believe what this pastor says about having been taken up to Heaven. The DVD is "Close Encounters of the God Kind" by Dr. Jesse DuPlantis. You can find it on Amazon.com:

CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE GOD KIND
DVD by Dr. Jesse DuPlantis
https://www.amazon.com/Close-Encoun...se+encounters+of+the+god+kind+jesse+duplantis

Here is what Jesse DuPlantis asks the viewer to believe. He was attending a Christian conference in some city, and he was at lunch with a few other pastors. Suddenly, he began to have a strong feeling that he should leave that lunch and go back to his hotel room. It was strange, how strong the feeling was. He decided to go with the feeling, and excused himself from the table and went straight back to his hotel room.

Then it started happening. He remembers looking at the clock radio next to his bed and it being about 1:00. Suddenly, he was taken up to Heaven. This is what Jesse DuPlantis asks you to believe. If you read the New Testament, you will know that this once happened to St. Paul, who describes an ineffable experience of being "taken up to the Third Heaven." So Jesse DuPlantis's experience cannot be said to have no precedent.

What was Heaven like? One thing he said is that he was taken to a beautiful house and told, "This is your mansion." This was a reference to the Bible verse "In my father's house are many mansions. I go to prepare a place for you." Interestingly, the house was not only beautiful, but in exactly the architectural style and decoration of his personal tastes on earth. Describing it, he says that even the lawns were perfectly groomed, in accordance with his fondness for a perfectly maintained lawn.

Whom did he meet in Heaven? Abraham, for one. He says that just like in the song, Abraham's bosom is very broad ("Rock-a my soul, in the bosom of Abraham,/Oh, rock-a my soul"). Jesse asks Abraham, "Where's God?" And Abraham explains that one doesn't see God the Father the first day when one gets to Heaven. There is a long line, he points out to Jesse, leading up to the Throne of God. He does get to meet Jesus, however, even though it is only his first day. After that, Jesse asks, "Where's the Holy Spirit?" Then he answers his own question with, "Duh *smile*! ON THE EARTH!" And indeed, did not Jesus say, "I will send my Spirit onto the earth?" If you read the New Testament, you know that this has already happened, on the day of Pentecost.

Thank you for reading. Now, let me ask you to answer the Poll I have put at the top of this post. Do you believe Jesse DuPlantis? I do *smile*.

Last edited:

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know this DVD came out years ago, but I wanted to see how many of you believe what this pastor says about having been taking up to Heaven. The DVD is "Close Encounters of the God Kind" by Dr. Jesse DuPlantis. You can find it on Amazon.com:

CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE GOD KIND
DVD by Dr. Jesse DuPlantis
https://www.amazon.com/Close-Encoun...se+encounters+of+the+god+kind+jesse+duplantis

Here is what Jesse DuPlantis asks the viewer to believe. He was attending a Christian conference in some city, and he was at lunch with a few other pastors. Suddenly, he began to have a strong feeling that he should leave that lunch and go back to his hotel room. It was strange, how strong the feeling was. He decided to go with the feeling, and excused himself from the table and went straight back to his hotel room.

Then it started happening. He remembers looking at the clock radio next to his bed and it being about 1:00. Suddenly, he was taken up to Heaven. This is what Jesse DuPlantis asks you to believe. If you read the New Testament, you will know that this once happened to St. Paul, who describes an ineffable experience of being "taken up to the Third Heaven." So Jesse DuPlantis's experience can't be said to have no precedent.

What was Heaven like? One thing he said is that he was taken to a beautiful house and told, "This is your mansion." This was a reference to the Bible verse "In my father's house are many mansions. I go to prepare a place for you." Interestingly, the house was not only beautiful, but in exactly the architectural style and decoration of his personal tastes on earth. Describing it, he says that even the lawns were perfectly groomed, in accordance with his fondness for a perfectly maintained lawn.

Whom did he meet in Heaven? Abraham, for one. He says that just like in the song, Abraham's bosom is very broad ("Rock-a my soul, in the bosom of Abraham,/Oh, rock-a my soul"). Jesse asks Abraham, "Where's God?" And Abraham explains that one doesn't see God the Father the first day when one gets to Heaven. There is a long line, he points out to Jesse, leading up to the Throne of God. He does get to meet Jesus, however, even though it is only his first day. After that, Jesse asks, "Where's the Holy Spirit?" Then he answers his own question with, "Duh *smile*! ON THE EARTH!" And indeed, did Jesus not say, "I will send my Spirit onto the earth?" If you read the New Testament, you know that this has already happened, on the day of Pentecost.

Thank you for reading. Now, let me ask you to answer the Poll I have put at the top of this post. Do you believe Jesse DuPlantis? I do *smile*.
Paul visited the third heaven and said;

“I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows. And I know that this man was caught up into paradise—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows— and he heard things that cannot be told, which man may not utter.” (2 Corinthians 12:2–4) (ESV)

So if Paul cannot describe it, it is probable that those who "describe it" were hallucinating.

Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,745,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The only thing I can believe from him is when he says “my name is Jesse Duplantis”.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am not sure how it matters if I believe him or not. My opinion will not change the facts one way or the other. Either he did or he did not.
So if Paul cannot describe it, it is probable that those who "describe it" were hallucinating.
OR - the revelations Paul got were way beyond what any of us might experience since he was to write most of the NT scriptures.

• Agree
Reactions: RestoreTheJoy
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not sure how it matters if I believe him or not. My opinion will not change the facts one way or the other. Either he did or he did not.

OR - the revelations Paul got were way beyond what any of us might experience since he was to write most of the NT scriptures.
Paul does not say this however, leaving us only his words to go by.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟589,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
After that, Jesse asks, "Where's the Holy Spirit?" Then he answers his own question with, "Duh *smile*! ON THE EARTH!" And indeed, did not Jesus say, "I will send my Spirit onto the earth?"
"For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one." (1 John 5:7)

If "heaven" here is where Jesse says he went, the Holy Spirit is there. The Holy Spirit can be in more than one place, all at once . . . in heaven and on this earth.

But Jesse says, oh the Holy Spirit would not be in heaven. But this is what Jesse said, not what Jesus said, in Jesse's report. It is possible to get a vision of heaven but he perceived things wrong. An imperfect person can see Jesus but not get it right, about who Jesus is.

Ones imperfect can even sin while having visions of God. John sinned by falling down to worship an angel, right while he was receiving the vision of Revelation. So, there is no special status which we have, just because God shows something to us. It likely comes because we need what can help to make us more real with God :)

Ones have seen Jesus because they needed to see how they needed to become.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here is what Jesse DuPlantis asks the viewer to believe. He was attending a Christian conference in some city, and he was at lunch with a few other pastors. Suddenly, he began to have a strong feeling that he should leave that lunch and go back to his hotel room.

This story was supposed to be left in Vegas and not retold.

Upvote 0