Clear Word Bible: Is it the Word of God?

JacksonW

Mar 8, 2004
✟114.00
Faith
Catholic
I'm new to this forum, but have read back to the beginning. I've recently had some experience with SDAs. Some friends of my wife told her they wanted to come over and talk to us about the "bible". My wife is in the final weeks of being baptised and confirmed as a Catholic. My wife's friend told her she want my wife to be able to make and "informed decision". However, when they got here, to OUR home, they started telling us everything that is wrong with the Catholic Church. They went back and forth between quoting Scripture from the Bible, King James version, to quote "scripture" from another book, the Clear Word. I've done some research since then and have found the numerous places where the Clear Word has changed the text of the Bible. My whole point and feel it's relevant to this forum is that there is an extreme false pretense involved. I don't mind if someone want's to come share their faith with me. That's perfectly fine and is even a learning and often enlightening experience. But, quoting scripture from a book that has significantly changed the Bible text is devious and insulting.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Upvote 0