Status
Not open for further replies.

JeTmAn

Guitar Geek
Feb 15, 2002
Visit site
✟340.00
Originally posted by VOW

Since ALL priests, no matter what sexual orientation they are, are required to be celibate, I would imagine they learn ways to channel the sexual urges: rock climbing, cold showers, and quite possibly, religious meditation.

Peace be with you,
~VOW

I meant something more like a program to help them change their orientation. Celibate heterosexual priests can still be attracted to women, but they're in control of their bodies and don't act on it or lust.

Anyways, I think the idea of a "gay gene" is ridiculous. It doesn't make sense from a creationist or evolutionist perspective. Why would a species evolve with a trait that eliminates its own propagation? That goes against every natural law of evolution. At the same time, why would God give us genes that would MAKE us sin? We're born with a sinful nature, but nothing in us MAKES us sin.

-JeTmAn

Upvote 0

AlphaPhi

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
✟681.00
Originally posted by JeTmAn
I meant something more like a program to help them change their orientation.

It is not possible for someone to change their orientation. Attempts to change a person's sexual orientation are very dangerous, and quite cruel. Read up on them. They're quite popular amongst all the worst people in the world -- the Nazis had several unique ways to try it. In America, we were fond of electroshock.

Re-orientation attempts often result in either the death or suicide of the person being tortured (and regardless of how you do it, is torture). Which suits the ends of those leading them -- I mean, tehir goal is to get rid of gay people, one way or another.

Why would a species evolve with a trait that eliminates its own propagation?

Happens all the time, with recessive genes with low latenence (might be mispelling that word). Homosexuality appears to be the result of several recessive genes and an environmental trigger either in the womb or during very early childhood.

At the same time, why would God give us genes that would MAKE us sin?

How does being gay make a person sin? Just because a person is gay doesn't mean they're going to sin.

Upvote 0

AlphaPhi

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
✟681.00
Someone who is gay cannot change and become "not gay." They can not act on thier orientation, but that doesn't make them straight.

So you must be reading the Bible wrong, if you insist it's an absolutely literal book of nothing but fact. Because even the Catholic Church says there's nothing wrong with having a gay orientation.

Or perhaps its simply wrong to try to twist the Bible into being nothing but a literal book of facts.

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
PARTICIPATING in homosexual sex is wrong; participating in ANY sex outside of marriage is wrong. Since homosexuals cannot form a religious or legal marriage bond, then they cannot participate in sex.

Nobody CHOOSES to be homosexual, any more than a straight person can wake up one day and say, "Hey, I think I'll be gay now." It just doesn't happen. You are never "cured" of homosexuality, unless you consider death a cure.

Jesus kept company with prostitutes and tax collectors. I bet there was more than one or two homosexuals in the bunch, too.

Remember the Golden Rule, folks.

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0

JeTmAn

Guitar Geek
Feb 15, 2002
Visit site
✟340.00
Originally posted by AlphaPhi

It is not possible for someone to change their orientation. Attempts to change a person's sexual orientation are very dangerous, and quite cruel. Read up on them. They're quite popular amongst all the worst people in the world -- the Nazis had several unique ways to try it. In America, we were fond of electroshock.

Re-orientation attempts often result in either the death or suicide of the person being tortured (and regardless of how you do it, is torture). Which suits the ends of those leading them -- I mean, tehir goal is to get rid of gay people, one way or another.

This is not true, people can and do change their orientation with satisfying results all the time.

Try

http://www.exodusintl.org/ http://www.messiah.edu/hpages/facstaff/chase/h/
http://geocities.com/exgaylinks/

For more information.

Happens all the time, with recessive genes with low latenence (might be mispelling that word). Homosexuality appears to be the result of several recessive genes and an environmental trigger either in the womb or during very early childhood.

I would accept this as a possibility if it hadn't been ruled out by science. I don't think there's been any evidence that corrupted genes cause this; if there were genes that cause it, it would certainly be considered a birth defect which it is not.

How does being gay make a person sin? Just because a person is gay doesn't mean they're going to sin.

The Bible's position on homosexuality is very opposing to this view. I believe that supposing homosexuality is only wrong if acted on is a case of interpreting all the letter of the law and none of the spirit. In any event, a homosexual would certainly be more tempted to engage in the actual acts than a non-homosexual would, and so should seek to change his/her orientation to avoid that.

-JeTmAn

Upvote 0

JeTmAn

Guitar Geek
Feb 15, 2002
Visit site
✟340.00
Originally posted by VOW
PARTICIPATING in homosexual sex is wrong; participating in ANY sex outside of marriage is wrong. Since homosexuals cannot form a religious or legal marriage bond, then they cannot participate in sex.

Nobody CHOOSES to be homosexual, any more than a straight person can wake up one day and say, "Hey, I think I'll be gay now." It just doesn't happen. You are never "cured" of homosexuality, unless you consider death a cure.

Jesus kept company with prostitutes and tax collectors. I bet there was more than one or two homosexuals in the bunch, too.

Remember the Golden Rule, folks.

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Don't you think this view is rather limited by context? It almost seems as if you're saying that if homosexual marriage was legal, then the act wouldn't be wrong. And don't confuse my position with hating homosexuals; I don't. I just believe that it's wrong to remain in such an environment of sin as the homosexual orientation provides.

-JeTmAn

Upvote 0

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

The Bible's position on homosexuality is very opposing to this view. I believe that supposing homosexuality is only wrong if acted on is a case of interpreting all the letter of the law and none of the spirit. In any event, a homosexual would certainly be more tempted to engage in the actual acts than a non-homosexual would, and so should seek to change his/her orientation to avoid that.

I disagree. I believe it is the act that is condemned. We are all faced with temptation, that is the work of Satan, but we can choose to avoid it. That some people's temptations make them be attracted to someone of the same gender is no more damning than someone being attracted to someone of the opposite sex outside of marriage.

Love the sinner, hate the sin.

Also, how can you say that a homosexual would be more prone to having sex outside of marriage than a heterosexual? No, I'm not saying that we should allow homosexual marriages because that would be a perversion of the sacrament of marriage... but rather, I would say that sex outside of marriage is rampant amongst heterosexuals.

Upvote 0

JeTmAn

Guitar Geek
Feb 15, 2002
Visit site
✟340.00
Originally posted by nyj

I disagree. I believe it is the act that is condemned. We are all faced with temptation, that is the work of Satan, but we can choose to avoid it. That some people's temptations make them be attracted to someone of the same gender is no more damning than someone being attracted to someone of the opposite sex outside of marriage.

Love the sinner, hate the sin.

Also, how can you say that a homosexual would be more prone to having sex outside of marriage than a heterosexual? No, I'm not saying that we should allow homosexual marriages because that would be a perversion of the sacrament of marriage... but rather, I would say that sex outside of marriage is rampant amongst heterosexuals.

Whether a homosexual is more prone to sex outside of marriage is quite debatable..........and difficult to say, since marriage for a homosexual is illegal in most states.

But, do you honestly think God would want someone possessing a homosexual orientation to stay that way? Would he want someone overcome with heterosexual lust to continue in that? Certainly not, God commands us to be righteous. Plus, fleeing the homosexual landscape allows the opportunity to engage in a godly relationship with a woman, if one so chooses. Even marriage, satisfying all those sexual urges (if necessary). Also, I would not put homosexual fornication in the same category as a heterosexual; both are sin, but one is abomination out and out, while the other is at least God's intended sexual interaction between humans, even if it isn't in God's institution of marriage.

-JeTmAn

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Whether a homosexual is more prone to sex outside of marriage is quite debatable..........and difficult to say, since marriage for a homosexual is illegal in most states.

Then why did you make such a claim then?

But, do you honestly think God would want someone possessing a homosexual orientation to stay that way?

Strawman, I never said such a thing. My point is though, that just because someone is tempted to have same-sex relations doesn't mean they're damned because they have that temptation but do not act on it. You seemed to reply that unless they "give up that temptation" they're worthy of condemnation. That is totally ludicrous.

Would he want someone overcome with heterosexual lust to continue in that? Certainly not, God commands us to be righteous.

I understand that, but you were condemning someone for temptations regardless of whether or not they acted on them.

Plus, fleeing the homosexual landscape allows the opportunity to engage in a godly relationship with a woman, if one so chooses.

Umm, what if they're not in the "homosexual landscape" but they still have to face these temptations? Temptations don't just go away because we change our address. Jesus spent 40 days and 40 nights in the desert and Satan still managed to find Him.

Even marriage, satisfying all those sexual urges (if necessary).

You must not be married. Sexual urges do not go away just because one is married, nor can they be instantly satisfied just because one is married.

Also, I would not put homosexual fornication in the same category as a heterosexual; both are sin, but one is abomination out and out, while the other is at least God's intended sexual interaction between humans, even if it isn't in God's institution of marriage.

Well, that might be your opinion, but that does not necessarily make it correct and truth. Grave sin is grave sin. Both can endanger our salvation and both should be adamantly opposed. Your rationalization is very alarming and could be downright dangerous and potentially stumbling for Christians struggling with this issue. Both are to be condemned always.

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by JeTmAn Even marriage, satisfying all those sexual urges (if necessary).

I'm going to agree with nyj on this: you must not be married. A marriage license doesn't give anyone the right to "sexual satisfaction" any more than a driver's license is a guarantee you'll be a great driver (or even know how to drive). Sex in a marriage is more than just "getting some," it's part of the emotional, spiritual BOND between a husband and wife. And often, this bond requires controlling dem urges! Besides, marriage is certainly not a cure for homosexuality. The emotional well-being of the heterosexual partner is often been destroyed, because something is lacking in the relationship, and the spouse has NO IDEA what the problem is.

Originally posted by JeTmAn Also, I would not put homosexual fornication in the same category as a heterosexual; both are sin, but one is abomination out and out, while the other is at least God's intended sexual interaction between humans, even if it isn't in God's institution of marriage.

That reply is ludicrous. It's like saying which is more lethal, the gas chamber or the electric chair. Fornication is fornication.

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is not true, people can and do change their orientation with satisfying results all the time.

I doubt the individuals experiencing such a "cure" were 100% homosexual. Chances are, they were bi-sexual, or were the curious experimenter who was convinced to "change."

Many more studies can be shown where no matter WHAT the treatment: shock therapy, drug therapy, hormone therapy, psychotherapy, aversion therapy... it doesn't work. And that is why the rate of drug addiction and suicide is much higher in the gay population than the straight population.

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0
Originally posted by VOW

Besides, marriage is certainly not a cure for homosexuality. The emotional well-being of the heterosexual partner is often been destroyed, because something is lacking in the relationship, and the spouse has NO IDEA what the problem is.

Peace be with you,
~VOW

What do you mean by all that? It doesn't really make much sense.

Also, I would not put homosexual fornication in the same category as a heterosexual; both are sin, but one is abomination out and out, while the other is at least God's intended sexual interaction between humans, even if it isn't in God's institution of marriage.

Who are we to call it an abomination?
Homosexuality also occurs among animals, mostly small mammals but also in deer and elk. Penguins too, exhibit homosexual behavior, as was reported in a much sensationalized news story recently.
Also, JeT, where does it ever talk about what defines God's institution of marriage in the Bible?

-----------------
Now on to my two cents about same sex preference:

So many people on this thread keep talking about how homosexuals are committing so many sins because they're doing this or that outside of marriage. But I bet those same people would protest if their respective state governments tried to pass laws legalizing gay marriages.

But who says that homosexuality is even something that needs to be "cured", "fixed", or otherwise repented from? Which it can't be anyways, according to my three gay friends and acquaintances. I'm not gay myself, and the idea of me personally being in a romantic physical relationship with a man to any extent is a bit... gross; but that's from a heterosexual's viewpoint. It certainly doesn't mean that I find fault with people who practice the act. I don't fault those who disagree with me unless they can be proven beyond a doubt to be wrong in their beliefs, and I can be proven to be right. Of those friends/acquaintances I mentioned, they all agree that homosexuality is 100% put upon them by nature. I asked one of them how he figured that, and he asked me, "why would anyone choose to be gay when there is so much prejudice against stuff like that even in today's so called enlightened world?" He made a good point I thought.

So why does it say homosexuality is a sin in the Bible? Well, it's arguable that it actually does, but for the sake of arguement, let's say it's in there somewhere. It would say it because, and historians will back this up, the ratio of males to females among the ancient hebrews was extremely low, thus the polygamy in early Biblical times. The ancients of that region of the world could not have survived without all available men procreating, sometimes with several wives. Since those of same sex preferance cannot procreate, there would have been potential problems if homosexuality was allowed to go unchecked at that time and in that place in history.

Today we live in an overpopulated world, so the homosexual population is actually an asset, albeit a relatively small one. Abortion is another asset, and I hesitate to say that again after seeing how strong you guys' opinions were against abortion in other threads. But I stand by my convictions.

Humans are the most destructive species on this planet, without a doubt. We destroy nature needlessly when there are other options available, and even more options possible with a bit of scientific research. Aeroponic tree harvests for example, and aeroponic crop warehouses. Each of those can store MANY times as much food as a farm or logging field of the same size, mainly because in addition to growing things along an x and y axis, you have the z axis as well. The point I'm getting at is that we don't need to keep expanding our eradication of irreplaceable land for reasons like farms and grazing pastures, but we do need to expand to compensate for population increase. We cannot do this indefinately, and we must take whatever action is necessary to keep our numbers down temporarily until we can find a long-term solution to the overcrowding.
I suggest you all check out the website of the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement. I won't post the address here because, obviously, the site is not Christian. Here's a hint to the address, though: spell out the word "vehement", but leave out the first and last "e". The site is a dot org and not dot com.

Upvote 0
Today we live in an overpopulated world, so the homosexual population is actually an asset, albeit a relatively small one. Abortion is another asset, and I hesitate to say that again after seeing how strong you guys' opinions were against abortion in other threads. But I stand by my convictions.

Muder is an asset? How sad to think that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by brt28006
What do you mean by all that? It doesn't really make much sense.

Typically, the homosexual partner in a hetero marriage is the man. He may be denying his orientation, hoping for a cure, or even thinking that he can present a "normal" life to keep peace with society. In a marriage where BOTH partners cannot totally commit themselves to each other, something is lacking. In addition, a gay person trying to hide true feelings is NOT going to be a happy individual, let alone a functioning partner in a relationship. The straight partner will oftentimes end up blaming him/herself for any problems (example: marriages with abuse or alcoholism often exist because of a "co-dependent"), and the entire dynamics of the relationship is unhealthy. Marriage isn't a CURE for anything: homosexuality, addictions, persistent childhood, etc etc etc.

Who are we to call it an abomination?
Homosexuality also occurs among animals, mostly small mammals but also in deer and elk. Penguins too, exhibit homosexual behavior, as was reported in a much sensationalized news story recently.

Nature is a study in opposites, whether sexes, polarity of magnets, seasons, even daily cycles. A day doesn't follow a day, you can't place two North poles of magnets together, and in order to perpetuate any sexed species, you need male and female. Parthenogenesis is only found in lower life forms. Cyanide occurs in nature, too, but I don't see people lining up to eat it.

So why does it say homosexuality is a sin in the Bible? Well, it's arguable that it actually does, but for the sake of arguement, let's say it's in there somewhere.

Leviticus 20: 13

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed.

Sounds pretty definitive to me!

It would say it because, and historians will back this up, the ratio of males to females among the ancient hebrews was extremely low, thus the polygamy in early Biblical times. The ancients of that region of the world could not have survived without all available men procreating, sometimes with several wives.

Actually, I think it had more to do with women's exceedingly high death rate in pregnancy and childbirth. The "unclean" laws regarding a menstruating woman and how she must abstain from intercourse following her period, and then be cleansed, was to insure that she would have relations on her most fertile days of the cycle.

In actuality, ANY person is an asset, whether homosexual or unborn.

Humans are the most destructive species on this planet, without a doubt. We destroy nature needlessly when there are other options available, and even more options possible with a bit of scientific research. Aeroponic tree harvests for example, and aeroponic crop warehouses. Each of those can store MANY times as much food as a farm or logging field of the same size, mainly because in addition to growing things along an x and y axis, you have the z axis as well. The point I'm getting at is that we don't need to keep expanding our eradication of irreplaceable land for reasons like farms and grazing pastures, but we do need to expand to compensate for population increase. We cannot do this indefinately, and we must take whatever action is necessary to keep our numbers down temporarily until we can find a long-term solution to the overcrowding.
I suggest you all check out the website of the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement. I won't post the address here because, obviously, the site is not Christian. Here's a hint to the address, though: spell out the word "vehement", but leave out the first and last "e". The site is a dot org and not dot com.

Incredible. Justifying homosexuality and abortion as a method to ease overcrowding! The black market, wholesale theft and the corrupt politics of many countries destroys more foodstuffs than overcrowding ever will. I'm surprised you didn't advocate letting AIDS run rampant through the population as an external control of "excess humanity." Even a well-placed nuclear weapon would do wonders! You'd have the immediate destruction of life, plus the long-term cancer threat, and even some sterility as well. Much more efficient, wouldn't you say? :eek:

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0

AlphaPhi

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
✟681.00
Actually, the planet is not overpopulated. With our current food production and capacity this planet could sustain upwards of 10 billion people. As food production, preservaton and storage techniques improve, that number will go up.

However, we do have a problem with distribution. Food and potable water are locked up in the less-populated areas, and our international trade system makes it difficult to get it to where it needs to be cheaply and quickly. That's why we need more aggressive free trade laws.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by PrinceJeff

Mu[r]der is an asset? How sad to think that.

Yes, indeed it would be sad to think of murder as an asset.
Although I didn't say murder, I said abortion, but I know how you guys view abortion so I won't bother debating about exactly what it is.

Think of things this way: if this world gets too overcrowded then we will ALL end up dead.

It would break down like this once the human population rose to around 50-75 billion, which could be within the next 400-500 years at the current expansion rate, if not sooner.
--The food supplies become exhausted, billions of people living in arid regions die of starvation.
--Diseases and bacteria spawned by the corpses of the dead humans, as well as from the dead animals who likewise died of starvation would rage unchecked, as antibiotics for the rest of the world would run out quickly.
--Antibiotics are stockpiled by nations such as China, the United States, and some nations of the European Union (which is a Catholic plot according to Jack Chick but that's another story, I swear that guy has got to be crazy), and while some are flown in aid packages to various parts of the world, billions more die, mainly in Africa which has been in perpetual famine and contamination for a LONG time.
--Slowly but surely, disease claims life after life until the world population is reduced to near zero. Inevitabely there would be a few people who lasted longer than everyone else, probably the Inuits and Tlinguts, and the Australian Aborigines and Pacific Islanders would hold out for quite some time.
--But the eventuality would be the extinction of humanity.

Good riddance to an irresponsible species. Natural selection strikes again.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by VOW

Typically, the homosexual partner in a hetero marriage is the man. He may be denying his orientation, hoping for a cure, or even thinking that he can present a "normal" life to keep peace with society. In a marriage where BOTH partners cannot totally commit themselves to each other, something is lacking. In addition, a gay person trying to hide true feelings is NOT going to be a happy individual, let alone a functioning partner in a relationship. The straight partner will oftentimes end up blaming him/herself for any problems (example: marriages with abuse or alcoholism often exist because of a "co-dependent"), and the entire dynamics of the relationship is unhealthy. Marriage isn't a CURE for anything: homosexuality, addictions, persistent childhood, etc etc etc.

Peace be with you,
~VOW

All the more reason to promote a society with an open mind towards homosexuality. Then the gay men you mentioned wouldn't have to try and hide their feelings.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by VOW

Nature is a study in opposites, whether sexes, polarity of magnets, seasons, even daily cycles. A day doesn't follow a day, you can't place two North poles of magnets together, and in order to perpetuate any sexed species, you need male and female. Parthenogenesis is only found in lower life forms. Cyanide occurs in nature, too, but I don't see people lining up to eat it.
This neither makes sense in the context of the question I asked nor does it answer the question. If I misread it, sorry, could you please rephrase it?

Leviticus 20: 13
This is the verse I was expecting you to post.
L.20:13 - If a man also lieth with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
This verse should be taken in context with the verses around it, which all describe various adulterous or incestuous relationships. What L.20:13 is saying is that those rules apply to both men and women. Like this:
L.20:10 (normal) - And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.
Now, L.20:10 in accordance with my theory on L.20:13 - And the man that committeth adultery with a woman's husband, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's husband, the adulterers shall surely be put to death.
Homosexuality was frowned upon among the Jews, that much is known, but it is not known that L.20:13 meant what you said it did.

Sounds pretty definitive to me!
See above.

Actually, I think it had more to do with women's exceedingly high death rate in pregnancy and childbirth. The "unclean" laws regarding a menstruating woman and how she must abstain from intercourse following her period, and then be cleansed, was to insure that she would have relations on her most fertile days of the cycle.
It may have something to do with this in addition to the gender gap.

In actuality, ANY person is an asset, whether homosexual or unborn.
True. I didn't mean my original statement to exclude others.

Incredible. Justifying homosexuality and abortion as a method to ease overcrowding! The black market, wholesale theft and the corrupt politics of many countries destroys more foodstuffs than overcrowding ever will. I'm surprised you didn't advocate letting AIDS run rampant through the population as an external control of "excess humanity."
I justify homosexuality as an act of love. Sorry for the bad phrasing in my original post.
The black market in some countries is the only thing that keeps those countries fed and supplied. Myanmar for example. China to a certain extent as well. Soviet Russia and even modern Russia are also partial examples of this.

Some people, many of them Christians, seem to view AIDS as a way of decreasing the homosexual population. The people who view it as such are absolutely and unequivocably stupid, no question about it. It may be more common among homosexuals, but that is just a coincidence, as all people are equally at risk if they practice unsafe sexual habits. Besides, an enlightened world would not have to worry about AIDS, or any VD, but unfortunately we are not an enlightened world.
p.s. I'm not accussing anyone here of viewing AIDS as the anti-gay weapon of nature's disease arsenal. I was just pointing out that some people do view it as such.

Even a well-placed nuclear weapon would do wonders! You'd have the immediate destruction of life, plus the long-term cancer threat, and even some sterility as well. Much more efficient, wouldn't you say? :eek:

I do not advocate the immediate killing of any group of people (although I have this crazy theory that if we made all violent crimes punishable by death we'd have a much smaller number of violent crimes.) As a matter of fact, I don't advocate the killing of any people (except violent criminals, again) who are living and breathing under they're own power. A fetus is not doing that. A fetus is human, a fetus has a soul, and a fetus has a right to be born... but sometimes adoption is not an option, or sometimes the bearer of the child would make a horrible mother, and the father likewise would be a bad parent, assuming the father can even be located, further assuming the father claims any responsibility. Sometimes the child has no hope of surviving at all. It could be stricken with cyclopeia, or progeria, or any number of genetic irregularities. Down Syndrome is the common cold of the genetic world. Not even the common cold, more like the light headache.
Speaking of Down Syndrome and other mental retardation causing problems, if the person can live at least a partially productive life and support themselves with a little bit or no help, then good. I would never say that we should just abort or kill off everyone who isn't genetically perfect.

My view on abortion is as follows: People have a right not to life, but to A life. If we know we can't give them a chance at having a life, then in my opinion the humane thing to do is to terminate the pregnancy as early as possible. If it's past the second trimester, then I'm at a bit of a loss as to what should be done. Decide how to deal with it on a case by case basis I suppose.

The only way to solve the population problem is through a combination of long term solutions. Abortion is only part of a short term solution, and it does not reduce the world's population by a significant percent.
Long term solutions must be on an international scope, or nearly so, and could be comprised of: government restrictions on number of children each family can have, clear and concise sexual education classes for children rather than the old birds and bees speach, better education on the potential risks of unprotected and/or promiscuous sex (just telling people to wait until marriage does not work, obviously). There are more radical components of my plan as well, some of which may be simply too large or too complex for reality, but they include such things as: relocating the people in the most enfamined and disease-ridden portions of Africa to areas where help is immediately available, while they are gone those portions of Africa are terraformed into fertile land, this terraformation endeavor is then carried out in various places across the globe to increase the total land available that can provide adequate conditions for human life and human food production.
How does this decrease population... er, it doesn't, but this is still something we should consider doing. Basically it was those first three things I said about sex ed. and VASTLY improved family planning that will decrease our numbers over the long term.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.