Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
TRD, my friend, something you MUST know about Canadians is that we really CAN'T STAND to be called American. It's not because we hate Americans, although I will say honestly, many Canucks do. (I'm guessing they're not Christians.) It's because we watch you folks and we know we are different from you. Our country has some different values. We are more collective whereas Yanks are more individualistic. Note that this is a huge generalizaton which is not a good idea. There are many exceptions of course.
We spell differently than you, not incorrectly. If you were to come up here and spell the way you do, you would be wrong. And incidentally, I've noticed that almost nobody cares about correct spelling anymore anyhow.

Yesterday, it was almost 100 degrees farenheit here on the Sunshine Coast of BC. We don't really get snow here except at the top of mountains. When are they going to start teaching American children geography???? It's really beneficial to know that countries other than your own exist!!!!

BTW, my best friend is an American, from Niagara Falls N.Y., I have had many American friends and I love the U.S. .

BUT I LOVE CANADA MORE :D

Upvote 0

Athanasian Creed

Sola Scriptura, Sola Fide, Solus Christus !!!
Aug 3, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
✟18,484.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Being labelled a Canuck is fine - hoser is better:D

Canadian "culture" - are you serious - ok, Canadian "culture" is beer, back bacon & HOCKEY but DEFINITELY not in that order.

"Canada is HOCKEY and HOCKEY is Canada" - there, that sums it up quite nicely IMHO !!;)

HumoUr, honoUr, valoUr = British (UK) English (longs for the Imperial system of so long ago - hates metric:()

Love to all my fellow hosers (and, if i must, to any Yanks who happen to lurk in this CANADIAN forum:eek:)

Ray:)

Upvote 0

jayswife29

Jun 26, 2003
n.y.
Visit site
✟454.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi, sorry for intruding seeng that I'm just a stun yank and all, but I just wanted to say that my in-laws are from GooseBay and a few years ago my sister-inlaw and I drove there from new york. Although Manic-5 was the scariest thing i have ever been on, I wish I never came back here. I absolutely loved it there, and for the first time in my life I felt at home. My mother in laws parents and brothers and sister live in goose bay, and they made me feel so welcome and in the two weeks that I was there I realized home really is where the heart is, and my heart has been in Canada ever since. Not to mention I love Molsen beer and I never had to look very hard for it the way I do here!

Upvote 0

vibrant

now more than ever, i cherish the cross
Feb 6, 2003
✟11,179.00
Faith
Christian
perhaps we can't stand to be called americans, because we're not. it's a matter of respect, really.

canadian culture is like an accent. everyone but you notices it (canadian law has become an international standard, canadian citizenship techniques being studied and implimented, canadian rights tradition being used as a standard for multi-cultured states because the problems we've had with trying to balance equality and diversity is something they're facing as well, canadian language has made it's mark in linguistics and influencing other varieties of english, and so on) but it's so commonplace that we don't notice it.

:)

Upvote 0