Minnesota
✟218,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"Notice that Biden’s comment in Tampa wasn’t about Protestants in general. He focused exclusively on evangelicals, and that is because to take a swipe at all Protestants would be to slam the mainline denominations; they are mostly in the pro-abortion camp. He chose a subset of Protestants who are known for their pro-life convictions."

Don't think for a minute they won't go after the rest of the Christians after Catholics and Evangelicals.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,439,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To be specific, he railed against Donald Trump’s pro-life stance, saying the former president made “a political deal” with “the evangelical base of the Republican Party to look past his moral and character flaws.”

That is a red flag.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟559,131.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
To be specific, he railed against Donald Trump’s pro-life stance, saying the former president made “a political deal” with “the evangelical base of the Republican Party to look past his moral and character flaws.”

That is a red flag.
I’m not sure how or why anyone would disagree with this point. We’ve been hearing since 2015 the canned response from the right of “electing a president not a pastor.” Pretty much the definition of looking past obvious moral flaws for the sake of politics, in a neat catchphrase we can use.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟372,659.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Remember lefties: The problem isn't that we don't read enough capable, well written news articles, the problem is that we don't read enough news articles from shoddy outlets with a ridiculously right leaning bent.

Also:
Fifty percent of all the money raised by the Democrats comes from Jews. Yet no one is going to say that Biden made a “political deal” with “the Jewish base of the Democratic Party to look past his cognitive flaws.”
The lack of self awareness in this comment is, well, pretty hilarious.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟71,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
For all of the liberals railing against the "moral flaws" of Donald Trump, why don't you also have a problem with the multiple moral flaws of Joe Biden as well as the rest of the leadership of the progressive far left in the Democratic Party? Frankly, to me at least, the complaints about Donald Trump from progressive left wing liberals come across as nothing but hypocrisy... in my opinion.

• Agree
Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,439,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For all of the liberals railing against the "moral flaws" of Donald Trump, why don't you also have a problem with the multiple moral flaws of Joe Biden as well as the rest of the leadership of the progressive far left in the Democratic Party? Frankly, to me at least, the complaints about Donald Trump from progressive left wing liberals come across as nothing but hypocrisy... in my opinion.

For decades, starting with the "Moral Majority", Evangelicals criticized the moral failings of various candidates. A candidate who had an affair could not be trusted with the political power...or so the argument went.

What changed in 2016?

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟847,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
For decades, starting with the "Moral Majority", Evangelicals criticized the moral failings of various candidates. A candidate who had an affair could not be trusted with the political power...or so the argument went.

What changed in 2016?

I don't think anything changed. It was always about power. The moral platform was just lipstick on the pig of political power. The game is up, and everyone seems to know it except evangelicals, who keep whipping out the lipstick as if it will change the obvious.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟562,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
For all of the liberals railing against the "moral flaws" of Donald Trump, why don't you also have a problem with the multiple moral flaws of Joe Biden as well as the rest of the leadership of the progressive far left in the Democratic Party?

It's because they're not really comparable.

Trump has spent his entire life grifting and cheating people and his time in politics has been no different. The entire "stop the steal" thing was just another of his self-serving cons - a con that got a bunch of his acolytes arrested and one of them killed.

He built his public image on womanizing, and now that he's in politics, his schtick revolves around ginning up outrage and hatred towards other groups. For all the butthurt his fanbase expressed about Hillary's "deplorables" comment or Obama's "clinging to their guns and religion," they absolutely revel in Trump giving it back 10x over.

He unabashedly abuses his office for personal gain. He tried to trade foreign aid for political dirt on Biden. He let a bunch of foreign entities patronize his hotel while he was president. He most likely committed obstruction of justice during the Russia investigate.

Biden does none of this. At worst, he gets a bit sassy at times and has some relatives who engage in some questionable business activities.

This is not a left-vs-right thing. Trump is an outlier among all politicians.

Frankly, to me at least, the complaints about Donald Trump from progressive left wing liberals come across as nothing but hypocrisy... in my opinion.
That's because your perception of the two men has been colored by dishonest right-wing media.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟372,659.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

What changed in 2016?
Not just changed. It was a polar shift.

They voted for an immoral person. Crazy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,116,129.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For all of the liberals railing against the "moral flaws" of Donald Trump, why don't you also have a problem with the multiple moral flaws of Joe Biden
What are the multiple moral flaws of Joe Biden that you speak of?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you believe that how will you respond? No one who genuinely believes they're being persecuted for their religion will sit on their hands.

So where are you moving since America is hostile to Christians? If you don't have a second passport or aren't in the process of obtaining one you're not concerned. You're sharing an article and fanning a narrative.

~bella

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟372,659.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
What are the multiple moral flaws of Joe Biden that you speak of?
You know how like when his wife and son died in a car crash and when his other son became a dru.....wait a sec.
I was listing the tragedies in his life he suffered through all while maintaining his faith and believing in rhe good of others.

You wanted to hear about the time when Biden was hanging out on Epsteins island; or the fact that they were good friends; or when Biden bragged about being able to burst in on young women changing or that time he loudly pronounced that he could just grab women by the vagina. Maybe you meant the time he digitally rape a Ms Carrol; or perhaps one of the many nda payoffs he has with women who allege he raped them. Perhaps you're referring to the fact that Biden has been involved in 1000s of court cases and has defrauded contractors (I mean Biden doesn't even pay the bills his campaign is sent for security during his rallies. Or maybe it was all because of that time Biden got in front of a mic and imitated a disabled person in a very mocking fashion. Maybe it's due to the fact that Biden surrounds himself with petulant scum who do anything for him; including breaking the law. OR maybe you wanted to know about how Trump had affairs on all his wives many times. OR perhaps like how he slept with a prostitute when his wife was with child. Maybe it's the horrible treatment he gave to his brother. Or about how he makes misogynist comments all the time.

You can "like" Trump as a president but to compare let alone EQUATE the morality of Biden and Trump shows the intelligence and discernment of a sack of Twinkies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟372,659.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
In my opinion, Joe Biden is the most corrupt and the most immoral President in my lifetime.
Them I'm sure you can list the DOZENS of well documented, bipartisan, undeniable, apolitical, immoral actions Biden has taken part in.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟559,131.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
In my opinion, Joe Biden is the most corrupt and the most immoral President in my lifetime.
That doesn’t change anything about Trump’s various and well known and long documented moral shortcomings that you are choosing to ignore for the sake of politics. If Biden’s immorality and corruption bar him from office to you, why does that not apply equally to someone like Trump? Either you believe Trump is morally righteous or his well known immorality doesn’t matter to you. Which is it?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟372,659.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I feel like this discussion really crystallizes the intelligence that his handlers gave him in recognizing that he should run as a Republican rather than a Democrat.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,439,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

....on the same day the former head of the National Inquirer (David Pecker) is testifying (under oath) that Trump spent thousands of dollars to kill stories of his sexual adventures with ____ stars.

Upvote 0