United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Remington Andrew - my son :)
Raleigh Alexander - pronounced like Raleigh,NC and what we plan to name our second son
Reuger Ashby - Not sure about the middle name, though
William James - My favorite name, but hubby doesn't like it :(

Rhianna Ashleigh - We chose this because it's similar to his little girl's middle name. She died in utero. :(
Ruth Abigail - Ruth is my grandma's name, but I liked it before I knew that
Rebekah Angel - Love the Hebrew spelling!

Upvote 0

Sign Of The Fish Burger

Black holes are where God divided by zero.
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2003
✟58,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What on earth is wrong with these people.

As for the names, I think we've narrowed it down to: Claire and Juliette (French spelling). I also love Olivia but everyone and their dog is named Olivia these days.

Upvote 0

tigercub

unbelievably fluffy
Site Supporter
May 8, 2006
Brisbane
Visit site
✟27,814.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Sunday Rose...I think it's cute! Though, Kochie (a morning tv show host) slipped up and called her 'SUnday Roast' which was funny because we have a football-related tv show called that..lol

Sunday is a very pretty name, and if she is anything like the other SUndays I have heard of, she will get called 'Sunny' so it'll be Sunny Rose. Pretty!

Upvote 0

tigercub

unbelievably fluffy
Site Supporter
May 8, 2006
Brisbane
Visit site
✟27,814.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
To explain Kidman and Urban's baby name choice; (from this news article)

While the world's media puzzled over Kidman and her country husband Keith Urban's unusual choice of name for their baby Sunday Rose Kidman Urban, Antony Kidman revealed he and his wife had suggested it.
"There was a lady named Sunday Reed who was a prominent patron of the arts in Victoria," Dr Kidman said from his practice in Lane Cove.
"I have read a bit about Sunday Reed and her husband John - she was a key mover and shaker in the arts around the beginning of the century. The name Sunday struck me as being a nice name for a woman, so my wife and I mentioned it."
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/confidential/biographies/index/0,22045,5013763,00.html Sunday Reed was famous for her patronage of the arts, but also for her relationship with Sidney Nolan. Reed and her husband took part in an affair with the artist, which lasted nine years in the 1930s and resulted in Sunday becoming Nolan's muse.
The connection could be the reason behind Kidman and Urban's keen interest in a Sidney Nolan exhibition at the Art Gallery of NSW shortly before they announced the pregnancy.

The exhibition, in January, featured a quote about birth from Nolan which was scrawled across a wall. "When you are young you are given a good view of life, because of your closeness to birth," it read.

So there ya go. I like the name...and just watch it rise in popularity now! :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

waxlion10

Just shut up and be delicious- Dwight
Mar 27, 2006
United States
Visit site
✟10,368.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Karynn Sophia (pronounced "kuh-RINN") is one of my choices for a girl someday in the far, far future. "Sophia" is a family name.

Jamison Mark is one of my choices for a boy.

I like Bible names and family names put together. :)

I've thought about doing all names with the same letter; that's what my bf's fam did with four boys ;-)

Upvote 0

virtualgirl

Jul 27, 2007
✟39,001.00
I love names like Faith, Hope, Charity...but a little voice pops up asking, "What if your child becomes an Atheist as an adult? Her name (Faith) will be the biggest joke!", In fact, knowing my luck; Hope would become a doom-sayer, and Charity would be a debt-collector! :p or "Do you really want a name you child has to live up to? "

Argh.I think waaay too much!

Pretty names, though.

^_^

This struck me as hilarious because my two sisters and I ARE named Faith, Hope & Charity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SiyoNqoba

Jul 14, 2007
New Zealand
✟15,707.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I'd rather not conceive at the moment, because I'm not even married, lol. But I'm in love with names, and I make my boyfriend talk with me about them all the time. I wouldn't be with him if I wasn't planning on marrying him, and I want to know what type of names I can get excited about lol.

I like more unique names, and he only really likes names that every other kid has, so it's hard to find names we both like. But, finally, I have names that both my boyfriend and I like and are therefore names that, if I marry him, will actually be probables for my children.

Girls:
- Madelyn
- Charlotte
- Ayla
- Jasmine

Boys:
- Jack
- Coby

Jack is the only boy's name he ever really says he likes. It's growing on me. He has relunctantly agreed to Soleil Esther (my absolute favourite girl's name), so I guess I can reluctantly agree to Jack.

We were talking to one of his friend's once, who mentioned that people he knew had recently had a baby called Coby (he was telling us as if it was a really strange name). At the same time, I said "Awww, Coby!" and my boyfriend said "Coby? That's cool." We looked at each other and were like "Did we just find a name we both like?" I think if we do have a Coby, though, he'll be Jacob and we'll call him Coby. Coby is a diminuitive form of Jacob anyway, and it just seems more respectable for a lawyer or doctor or whatever.

Madelyn and Charlotte are his two favourite girls names of those four. Really he just likes Maddy (or Maddie), and so I chose Madelyn over any of the other possibilities for that nickname. Actually, I liked both Madeleine and Madelyn, and he said Madelyn was the best.

Ayla and Jasmine are my two favourites of that list. I suggested Ayla, and he liked it because a girl, named Ayla, who he went to school with got cancer in their last year, and she was really inspiring.

Other names I'm working on (haha) are:

Willeke (pronounced Will-a-kah). I would call her Willa. I actually really like the name Willow, but my boyfriend's last name has an 'O' sound, and it wouldn't work. He hasn't said he doesn't like the name Willeke, and one of his best friends is Dutch (it's a Dutch name, it was actually his friend's mum who told me how to spell it), so I think it's a possibility.

Zachary. Obviously not if we have a Jack. But he likes Jack and Max, so I figure he likes "ack" sounds, haha.

Jairus. It's my favourite boy's name. He likes the 'us' sound.

Two girl's names that I've fallen in love with recently are Eva and Mila. Eva, apparently, means "to live (to breathe)" and it sounds like a breath. I think I might get Mila because he thinks the actress Mila Kunis is really pretty. I haven't asked him about either of those yet, though.

On a side note, Jewie, I had to laugh when I read your list, because my boyfriend's name is Angus and his sister's name was Gretel until she had it changed legally to Esther. I couldn't believe that there was another couple in the world that actually liked both those names, lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0