Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My husband doesn't like "old" names either. So far we've agreed upon...

Liam (I like Eliran for a middle name. It's Eh lee rahn.
Levi (and I like Ronen for the middle name)

I am not thrilled with either of these but it's all we have been able to agree on at all for boys. He hates every boy name. Seriously, I've given him hundreds of them and he hates all of them.

Lydia
Lillian
Illiana
Arden

Upvote 0

epiclesis

Legend
Sep 29, 2003
Oregon
✟52,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well, I am pregnant and we can't even settle on a name. :D

I'm really hoping for a boy, and I want to name him Jonathan. I initially wanted Jonathan James, but husband doesn't like it. ;) I offered Jonathan Michael, but he can't seem to like that too much either, or come up with an alternative. :D

In addition to many others here, I really like Rebekah. I have no idea what for a middle name though. :) Husband seems to be okay with that, but I fear he will call her the Hebrew version pronunciation of it... poor girl. :p

Upvote 0

jenrenee

Child of God
Nov 16, 2006
Midwest - GO HUSKERS!!
✟9,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I remember listening to the radio and I hear that a woman called Mary married a guy whose last time was Christmas (wrong spelling). So her name is now Mary Christmas. So anything she hear Merry Christmas, she would think they are calling her.

My dad worked with a Snow White. No joke. Her original name was Snow Winter, and married a White. Can you imagine calling a professional building to have the secretary answer "This is Snow White, how may I help you?"

I can't believe they ended up with those names! It's funny, but I feel bad for them at the same time! ;)

We've been ttc for 4 1/2 yrs so I've been through some huge name lists... these are the ones I currently like:
Addyson Delaney
Avalyn Elise
Sydney Olivia
Adalyn Avery
Kenadi
Kendall
Boys names' - definitely will use Hudson as a middle name (family name)
Korbyn
Cohen
Kaiden

Upvote 0

ChildByGrace

Isn't God's grace the best !!!
Jul 22, 2005
Bournemouth
✟16,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
We went with the boys name

Daniel David Peter.
Daniel because we liked the meaning and the middle names after my dad and my hubbys dad.

And our girls name is
Esther Rebekah Anne
Esther because we both liked at and her example from the bible
Rebekah was a consideration but we didn't choose it because I have a close relation with the same name - but we choose the bible spelling
Anne as it's my middle name and my moms middle name

We specifically choose the first name to be from the bible for both of ours as we felt this was important to us

Upvote 0

PegasusOnFire

is currently unsupervised...
Jun 25, 2003
Iowa
✟32,653.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
we have for the next child

Jerrald Vern IV
Alice Helen or Faith Hope

Ok so our first three kids are girls they are:

Christian DeAnn (DeAnn is a family name) we both liked the name Christian for a girl, and later found out that in long ago England it was a feminine name.

Mary Louise (Louise is a family name) I was 12 weeks pregnant with her, hubby came to me and said that she was a girl and her name is Mary, so that is what we named her.

Alice Helen (family name) is named after all 4 great grandmothers, 3 are Alice and one is Helen.

If we ever have a boy he will be Jerrald Vern IV
If we have another girl she will be Sarah Elizabeth

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PROUD2LOVEJESUS

Christian
Jul 6, 2010
USA
Visit site
✟15,168.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah thats one thng I hate about the names I love... they've all become "trendy" and I originally picked all these names because they were unique and different. Ah well who knows... at the rate I'm going they'll be long un popular by the time we have kids anyway :D

I agree. I picked Grace a LONG time ago, as it was my great-grandma's name. Now it's everywhere.

Upvote 0

Singermom

Jul 20, 2010
✟9,298.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah thats one thng I hate about the names I love... they've all become "trendy" and I originally picked all these names because they were unique and different. Ah well who knows... at the rate I'm going they'll be long un popular by the time we have kids anyway :D

My husband and I discussed baby names while we were dating and starting to get serious. He had some names that he was firm on; they were the names of some friends who helped him at his lowest, worst time of his life: Deborah, Robert and Kenneth. I had only one name that I was firm on, my great-grandmother's name, which is my favorite name of all time: Celina. (I actually also love the boy's name Leo, but it's too close to my husband's name.)

At the time we both knew a lot of Deborahs (2 of my sister's good friends), so we bounced back and forth with either Deborah Celina or Celina Deborah.

...then Celine Dion hit the scene. We set it firm on Deborah Celina. We also thought of the possibility of naming our first daughter Deborah Leigh and a second daughter Celina Kay...

Years later (17 total) we finally had our baby girl. After waiting all that time, and figuring that we would probably never have another daughter, we stuck with Deborah Celina.

Would you believe that now, for the past 10 years, the name Deborah hasn't even cracked the Top 100? Our daughter is always the ONLY Deborah in her group! We're glad that we could endulge in our very traditional sensibilities and still be unique.

However, 2 years later...WE HAD ANOTHER DAUGHTER!!!

Upvote 0

PegasusOnFire

is currently unsupervised...
Jun 25, 2003
Iowa
✟32,653.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If we ever have a boy he will be Jerrald Vern IV
If we have another girl she will be Sarah Elizabeth

Actually the girl's name has changed but not by much, if this little one is a girl she will be Elizabeth Faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums