At The Master's Feet

loribee59

Beautiful hearts and minds makes me swoon! :)
Mar 11, 2003
Keizer, OR
✟23,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've skimmed over the book; I'll have to print it up and read it. It would be interesting to read someone's interpretation that's not wholly "Westernized". (You know, those "feel good" and "it's all about ME" gospel idolized by the Western society.)

thanks for sharing that!

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
I started reading and have been blown away by just the introduction. Eastern Christians sure have a more amazing experience with God than we do. I wonder if it is because we are all hung up on reading the latest Christian bestsellers and watching TV and they are more open to experiencing Christ for themselves? If you have ever read the GFA newsletter, they have amazing and powerful connections with God, while we just sit around and talk about Him.

Upvote 0

xenia

Contributor
Jan 2, 2004
Ultimate West
✟26,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yep, when I was looking into Eastern Orthodoxy, I was dumbfounded at the richness of the literature. It's of a different style than what I was used to. I was used to commentaries and end-time speculations and not the mystical material from the East.

It was balm for my poor sick soul.

Love, Xenia

Upvote 0
B

Bevlina

This is true. To be honest, that little book completely blew me away. I did print it out and placed each leaf in plastic envelopes in a book, that way, I can read it as a book anywhere. I believe only a few will be led to it as many will cast it aside because of it being written by an Indian Sadhu.
It is rich in expression as to our prayer life, and what sin is exactly. Rich in explanations.
It's a beautiful book and one we should study beside with the Holy Spirit to guide us because I believe He guided me to find that book on the web.

Upvote 0