Texas
✟15,301.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, what's your experience or knowledge of astral physics, and how it relates to Christianity?

The reason it came up for me is because I had a dream last night that I should look up "astral physics" online, which I did this morning. I seem to have been directed to it for some reason...

I should add that I had heard the term, but I really didn't even know what it was until looking it up this morning.

:confused:

psychedelicist

aka the Akhashic Record Player
Aug 9, 2004
McKinney, Texas
✟18,251.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't know much about 'astral' things in general. I thought I had one of those OBE's one time though, turns out my brain was just making too much DMT (Like all OBE's). Seems like this is the case with any shaman or psychic who claims to have gone to the 'astral plane', give them a drug test that tests for DMT and it'll show up pretty high. (doesn't mean they were doing drugs, DMT is an endogenous chemical). That, in conjunction with other chemicals like serotonin (a chemical that determines your mood), melatonin (controls circuadian rythms and plays a role in dreaming), oxytocin (chemical that causes feelings of attraction and love), and dopamine (plays a factor in reward/punishment type thinking) could cause a wide range of mystical experiences, from conversing with entities, to watching past memories of your life play back like a movie. There are dozens more chemicals which could alter an experience, but I think you get the picture.

I think Terence McKenna wrote a lot abut what he called "hyperspace physics", I don't know anything about it, but I know that McKenna was a big fan of DMT... hmmm... anyways, there's an entire section of deoxy.org dedicated to it, if you feel like looking it up further...

Upvote 0

psychedelicist

aka the Akhashic Record Player
Aug 9, 2004
McKinney, Texas
✟18,251.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
No clue, could be inspired by someone/thing, could just be something you thought you might be interested in that you'd never thought about before.

Deoxy is indeed a weird site, I had forgotten they had changed the layout, so it's probably almost impossible to find. I'll give you a link to it: http://deoxy.org/hs_phys.htm

May not be anywhere near what you were thinking about, or even make sense (it really doesn't, to me). I don't know, I never actually read most of it. Maybe you'll find something that'll help though.

Upvote 0

texseeker

Mar 7, 2005
Texas
✟15,301.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ouch! My mind hurts if I read too much of that stuff. Boggling!

Yes, they do have ideas that are similar to the astral physics concept.

I think I get a little nervous if I delve into stuff like this too much. It causes conflict with my very orthodox Christian upbringing, and I always fear I will inadvertently take the wrong path. It's not that I grew up in a church that discouraged exploring....not at all...it's more the fear that I won't recognize what is false. That is a big fear that holds me back.

Upvote 0