As the end draws closer, do you feel......

bobbichan

Nutella is bliss
Oct 9, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟15,792.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Others
I think that in order for the Bride to be glorified and radient as it's presented to Jesus, the Bride needs to be in love with the Word of God and the Truth. Makes sense since they are getting married afterall. =P

At any rate, the Bible clearly depicts that there will be two churches, an adultrous harlot church, and a glorfied and radient church. One church is betraying Christ by following the doctrines of men, while the other readies herself and follows the doctrines of Christ. Both are very much alive and well today.

We are called out of Babylon (the harlot), so that we do not partake in her sins and face the judgement and wrath that is coming to her.

Today, all the protestant churches out there are slowly loosing sight of their first love. Some faster than others, but I really do see it happening. Actually it's been happening for quite some time. Eventually it will be truly apostate. I feel that the real believers in Christ who love God's word will be meeting privately... much like in the days before the protestant reformation. I'm not sure if we will be greatly persecuted as the church was in that day... perhaps (still researching those issues).

But yeah... that's what I believe based on reading God's Word. =3

Upvote 0

Andry

Jedi Master
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Left Coast, Canada
✟67,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
bobbichan said:
At any rate, the Bible clearly depicts that there will be two churches, an adultrous harlot church, and a glorfied and radient church. One church is betraying Christ by following the doctrines of men, while the other readies herself and follows the doctrines of Christ. Both are very much alive and well today.
Maybe from a dispensationalist's point of view.

Upvote 0

Tavita

beside quiet waters He restores my soul..
Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,581.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
bobbichan said:
I think that in order for the Bride to be glorified and radient as it's presented to Jesus, the Bride needs to be in love with the Word of God and the Truth. Makes sense since they are getting married afterall. =P

We are called out of Babylon (the harlot), so that we do not partake in her sins and face the judgement and wrath that is coming to her.

Today, all the protestant churches out there are slowly loosing sight of their first love. Some faster than others, but I really do see it happening. Actually it's been happening for quite some time. Eventually it will be truly apostate. I feel that the real believers in Christ who love God's word will be meeting privately... much like in the days before the protestant reformation. I'm not sure if we will be greatly persecuted as the church was in that day... perhaps (still researching those issues).

But yeah... that's what I believe based on reading God's Word. =3

I totally agree with this bobbichan.
The false church will be headed by the false prophet.

Upvote 0

bobbichan

Nutella is bliss
Oct 9, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟15,792.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Others
andry said:
Maybe from a dispensationalist's point of view.

I'm not really a dispensationalist so to speak. At least from what I've read about dispensationalisim... I disagree with some points in it. I'm just speaking from reading Revelation where it talks of the harlot who fornicated and the Bride of Christ. Both are opposites of eachother. One loves the truth, while the other loves doctrines of man. It's alive and well, and has been for a very long time, but that's all I will say on that subject. =)

I guess all in all, I decided to give up everything I had been taught about end-times thology and learn it directly from God's Word (line by line, and other passages where simular themes are presented), The Holy Spirit, and history. I was confused about all the different viewpoints out there, and I wanted to find out the truth of the matter. What a better way to find out directly from God's Word, and through history? It's all right there in the Bible, and history allows us to see what has already been fufilled, and what is yet to come.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums