USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who are the children of Abraham his offspring?

thanks

What did God tell Abraham? ", “Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them.” And He said to him, “So shall your descendants be.” There are more stars then a thousand Israel's.

As Isaac was we are the Children of promise. There are branches that were originally of the vine and then we that are grafted in and no one but no one can tell what was original vs grafted in. Then in REV says from every tribe and nation no one could count all the people there "After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands,"

What's so wonderful and even better is.. that number no one could count? Was that all from start to finish? NO!

"And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."

Yeah.. that's just the great tribulation. So don't let anyone wash your mind with only a few will be saved. Look how many come out of just the great tribulation. THIS IS WONDERFUL!

Upvote 0

DaveM

Nov 26, 2016
nc
✟72,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus himself answered this question, in John 8. Jesus is speaking directly to the Jewish religious leaders of the time. He petty much states not only are they, not Abrahams's children which to me, means offspring, but he also states that God is not their father!! the devil is !!!

John 8

39“.Abraham is our father,” they replied.

If you were children of Abraham,” said Jesus, “you would do the works of Abraham.

40. But now you are trying to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham never did such a thing.

41. You are doing the works of your father.”“We are not illegitimate children,” they declared. “Our only Father is God Himself.”

42. Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on My own, but He sent Me.

43. Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you are unable to accept My message.

44. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out his desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, refusing to uphold the truth because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native languge because he is a liar and the father of lies.

• Agree
Reactions: levnishbar
Upvote 0

Belinda Cooper

I am called to be salt & light
Jul 26, 2022
Houston
✟18,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
another reference in Romans 9 (read all of the chapter)

v8 in other words, it is not the childred by physical descent who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring.

Upvote 0

levnishbar

Aug 10, 2022
Tel Aviv
✟21,518.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Interesting question!

As with many things in the Bible, there are layers of meaning and interpretation.

Biologically, whoever is descended of Abraham is a child of Abraham. But, not everyone who is biologically Abraham's offspring would end up in Heaven; Matthew 8:5-13

As DaveM pointed out, there are also spiritual children of Abraham, who do his works. Two of the hallmarks of Abraham was his hospitality to strangers and faith in God. Someone who shows hospitality to strangers is on their way to being spiritual children of Abraham. Better yet, as Hank77 pointed out, believe in Christ and then become Abraham's offspring.

One day we too would be sojourners knocking to be let into Heaven. If we are unkind and unwelcoming to strangers on this side of eternity, how can we expect to be shown hospitality when the tables are turned?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaveM

Nov 26, 2016
nc
✟72,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Interesting question!

As with many things in the Bible, there are layers of meaning and interpretation.

Biologically, whoever is descended of Abraham is a child of Abraham. But, not everyone who is biologically Abraham's offspring would end up in Heaven; Matthew 8:5-13

As DaveM pointed out, there are also spiritual children of Abraham, who do his works. Two of the hallmarks of Abraham was his hospitality to strangers and faith in God. Someone who shows hospitality to strangers is on their way to being spiritual children of Abraham. Better yet, as Hank77 pointed out, believe in Christ and then become Abraham's offspring.

One day we too would be sojourners knocking to be let into Heaven. If we are unkind and unwelcoming to strangers on this side of eternity, how can we expect to be shown hospitality when the tables are turned?

this is good and brings a clearer picture,

the reason I posted this is I seem to hear a lot about a second gospel lately whear as the children of Abraham inherit parts of the earth, and the gentiles do not, they go to heaven I am having a hard time understanding where they are coming from with this.

Seems a lot of people are confused about it as well,, because I hear a lot of different spins on it. Going from all the Jewish people to only the believers in Christ that are Jewish.

Upvote 0

levnishbar

Aug 10, 2022
Tel Aviv
✟21,518.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
this is good and brings a clearer picture,

the reason I posted this is I seem to hear a lot about a second gospel lately whear as the children of Abraham inherit parts of the earth, and the gentiles do not, they go to heaven I am having a hard time understanding where they are coming from with this.

Seems a lot of people are confused about it as well,, because I hear a lot of different spins on it. Going from all the Jewish people to only the believers in Christ that are Jewish.

No way. Coming from a Jewish person, this gospel is so totally wrong. The word gospel itself means good news from Greek euangelion ‘good news’. Does an exclusive, literally racist, message like this sound like good news? Therefore reject it for what it is.

Gospel - Wikipedia

Not all children of Abraham go to Heaven. Don't forget Ishmael also came from Abraham, who was the forefather of the Arab tribes. Would one suppose under this "gospel" that a suicide bomber whose last act on earth is murder, but is a descendant of Abraham, would go to Heaven?

Judas Iscariot (the Greek form of Judah/Yehudah) probably did not end up in Heaven, and with his name he was probably Jewish.

Judas Iscariot - Wikipedia

In the story of the rich man and Lazarus (Luke 16:19-31), there you have the rich man who literally called Abraham, "Father Abraham", not end up in Heaven.

A gospel based on race or heritage is a gospel based on self-justification, and even worse, a type of self-justification based on attributes one can not change and one that we have no free choice over. Recall what happened in Luke 18:9-14 when the Pharisee and tax collector went up to the temple to pray.

Being the temple, both were probably Jewish. The Pharisee relied on his own deeds, and furthermore stood before God with a heart of pride. The tax collector instead acknowledged his sinful nature and asked God for mercy.

Lastly, in Revelation 7:9 , we catch a glimpse of Heaven and the people therein. It says "people from all nations, tribes, peoples and tongues" will be there.

So, our God and our gospel is open to all. Anyone who suggests otherwise is promoting a false gospel.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,121,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This isn't anything new, it's been around for a long time. It's part of dispensationalism. Google 'two people of God'.

The only way for gentiles to become the children of God is through Jewish roots
thus creating the 'one children of God' Jew and Gentile, the 'one new flock in the one fold'' as Jesus says in Matthew. Romans 11:18, gentiles are the grafted in branches they do not support the root, that would be the Jews.

It appears to me that scripture is clear. There is only one way to be a child of God whether one is a Jew or a Gentile and that is through belief in Jesus Christ. In his sinless life, his voluntary death, and his victorious resurrection. One gospel to unit two peoples in Christ. Jewish believers in Christ are the church, and Gentile believers in Christ are the church. There is one destiny for the church, the one people of God.

Reactions: DaveM
Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The jews are of abraham. But their grafted out of the olive tree. Unbelief. Romans chapter 11 will document this. The gentiles were granted in with Israel. Goes back to when rome conquered judah. God didn't send them. Judah sin and idolatry brought it upon them selves. They brought Rome on themselves. Then Jews expected Jesus to get the romans off thier back. Jesus fulfilled Isaiah chapter 61:1, the first advent. The Jews thought Jesus dis annulled the second advent. The Jews unbelief and resentment of christ is what got them grafted out of the olive tree. Jews put themselves in Bondage. CHANAK in Hebrew means = train up, discipline. The Jews rejected Jesus and apostles Paul. Galatians 3:22. But the scriptures hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of jesus christ might be given to them that believe. Galatians 4:28. Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. The Jews have never claimed to be seed of isaac. But of Jacob. The promise is with isaac seed. Get the picture. Jews are grafted out of the olive tree. Acts 22;1. Men , brethren, and fathers, hear ye my defense which I make now unto you. 22:2. And when they heard that he spake in the Hebrew tongue to them, they kept the more silence;.2:3. I am verily a man which an a jew, born in Tarsus, a city in CILICIA, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as we all are this day. Paul was half gentile and of tribe of Benjamin. Judah and Benjamin always stuck together. Jews were willing to hear Paul speak. Their attention span is short lived. 22:22. And they gave him audience unto this word, and then lifted up their voices and said, Away with such a fellow from the earth: for it is not fit that he should live. The Jews rejected Paul's testimony. Paul would next go to the Gentiles. YADA in Hebrew means = advise, consider. Jews gave Paul their answer. ABDUWTH in Greek means = Bondage. Jews reject Jesus testimony, and embrace the Talmud, Jewish traditions. And Jews unbelief. I documented this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums