Anyone notice that many people are scientifically illiterate

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟574,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why did so many people die during Hurricane Katrina. It was not the Hurricane, it as the levies breaking. It was bad Engendering. The Romans build bridges across rivers that exist today and we have bridges built across much smaller bodies of water that collapse. Climate Change...over 90% of scientist believe it to be real but many people say the 90% are all liars. A member of the U.S. senate held a snow ball in his hand as proof of Global Warming being fake. Or its real but were not making it speed up. When a disaster is coming people run, a scientist looks for a solution. Global warming is real, Storms are increasing number and in strength, famine and drought are at a all time high, were speeding up the process, the polar Ice is melting, at the speed its melting all costal cities will be under water in 100 years. What are all the people who say its fake gonna say then...oh wait nothing they will be dead and the mess will be left for our grandkids and there kids to fix. I am not a scientist, I got a C in biology but I can read and listen to the words of many of the most intelligent men and woman today and I supposed to ignore them and listen to senator who holds snowball in his hand.
It is not that people are scientifically illiterate... we just don't believe them. They and people like them have been predicting the world's end for several decades. We were all supposed to be under the water 20 years ago due to melting ice caps. Many people think this is just a political ploy. A power thing. Fear-mongering for profit. Some think it is all about money. Now, people are saying men can be women and even have babies. 57 pronouns. People's jobs are being threatened over it. Where is science in this? Why are they being relatively silent on this subject? They are acting untrustworthy, so don't be surprised if people do not trust them. The reality of scientific fact should not be altered for political correctness. Get back to the facts of science. Until then, they are just hacks.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoBo1988
Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is ONLY true for those working
directly under the funding direction of
such as big tobacco.

You cannot be honest or even sane
yourself if you accuse the world scientific
community of scientific / intellectual dishonesty.

One cannot btw be a well informed yec, and maintain
intellectual integrity. It goes both ways.
The great majority of Christians don't reject integrity.

But I'm only accusing 90% of the scientific community. Not all of them.

My Bible says that deception is the enemies primary weapon against us. Shall I now trust the entire scientific community implicitly out of respect for their science or education? Having an education makes one a better liar. My skepticism does not affect my integrity, how could it?

The people do what they have to to provide for their families. That's a common justification, I did it for my family...there are a few who speak truth and go against the establishment.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟318,264.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
That's why they are willing to lie. If they fall in line, they get funded. If they wot fall in line then they wont get funded. They have families too and want to feed them so they prolly think, so what if its lies. As long as me and my family has what they need who cares what they say, I just want my job without waves.
So all the PhDs I know are liars?

You are making this up.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟318,264.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
So true, The big lie. It's amazing how science had forgotten about natural immunity, especially during covid. I can understand why because it's bad for business. The fear for and benefits of the vaccine that doctors and government preached during that time was a lie. They canceled anyone with an alternative view. Even trucker's lives were destroyed in Canada because of protests against it. I told my kid's when anyone tries to fear you into doing something look into it because they have an agenda. I learned that in a Psychological Operations (PSYOP) in the Army. I'm glad they listened because young people are dying at a higher rate after covid. Peace
What are you talking about? It sounds as if you are saying Germ Theory is incorrect.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟318,264.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I didn't say that every single PhD was a liar.

And you are being naive.
So which ones are the liars? The ones that you disagree with?

What a surprise.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟155,481.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
But I'm only accusing 90% of the scientific community. Not all of them.

My Bible says that deception is the enemies primary weapon against us. Shall I now trust the entire scientific community implicitly out of respect for their science or education? Having an education makes one a better liar. My skepticism does not affect my integrity, how could it?

The people do what they have to to provide for their families. That's a common justification, I did it for my family...there are a few who speak truth and go against the establishment.
No, you are falsely accusing.

Bearing false witness is not justified by ignorance.

Just for my stats, are you a creationist?

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟198,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
-
There is too much money in science for it to be trusted, plus much of science is government funded. Which inturn government is from satans kingdoms he possess.
And yet here you are typing into a computer over the internet, all invented by science.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟155,481.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is not that people are scientifically illiterate... we just don't believe them. They and people like them have been predicting the world's end for several decades. We were all supposed to be under the water 20 years ago due to melting ice caps. Many people think this is just a political ploy. A power thing. Fear-mongering for profit. Some think it is all about money. Now, people are saying men can be women and even have babies. 57 pronouns. People's jobs are being threatened over it. Where is science in this? Why are they being relatively silent on this subject? They are acting untrustworthy, so don't be surprised if people do not trust them. The reality of scientific fact should not be altered for political correctness. Get back to the facts of science. Until then, they are just hacks.
There is way way more money in religion than
in research.

Lots of dishonesty too. Note the USA biggest christian
U cheating students on tuition.

And guess which mongers fear of eternal torture.
And predict the end of the world.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

voa1h58irs471.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟256,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
And yet here you are typing into a computer over the internet, all invented by science.
-
I also drive a vehicle and i watch a tv (occasionally), that still does not change, there are areas of science. That has used science (math, etc) to foster deceptions.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟43,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
According to whom? Please be specific.
The Alarmists of course degrade what science has to say, In the 70s I was told we were gonna have overpopulation and die of mass starvation by the 80s., along with global cooling.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟346,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There sure are a lot of people o
So true, The big lie. It's amazing how science had forgotten about natural immunity, especially during covid. I can understand why because it's bad for business. The fear for and benefits of the vaccine that doctors and government preached during that time was a lie.
Thank you for demonstrating so well the scientific illiteracy this thread is about.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟346,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Alarmists of course degrade what science has to say, In the 70s I was told we were gonna have overpopulation and die of mass starvation by the 80s., along with global cooling.
Not an answer to my question.

Reactions: Gene2memE
Upvote 0