2 teaspoons of baking soda
1 and 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ginger (ground dry)
1/2 teaspoon allspice
2 cups of canned pumpkin
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 cup of skim milk
1/2 cup of vegetable oil (you can substitute applesauce for oil)

1. Heat over to 350 degrees
2. spray 2 loaf pans w/ cooking spray
3. mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ginger and allspice in a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl mix pumpkin, sugar, eggs, milk, and oil. mix together with wire wisk or spoon.
5. Fold in dry ingredients, put in the 2 pans and cook for 50-60 minutes...
also you have the option of adding pecans to the batter when all mixed, I really dont like pecans so I leave them out...

THIS IS THE BEST PUMPKIN BREAD I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE...

Upvote 0

Sharky

Rockin dude!
Jul 5, 2002
Visit site
✟7,782.00
Faith
Christian
You can try this:

1 big scoop of icecream (chocolate, vinilla etc) and cover it in batter. Then in a deep fryer (deep fryer has to be very very hot) you shove the whole thing in and let it cook for 20 seconds. More if you think it's not brown enough. The icecream inside will surprisingly stay frozen and you can serve it with some chocolate topping thing on top :)

I tried it in a restaraunt. It's the best way to cook icecream! :D

Upvote 0

Patty

Nice ta see yas!
Jul 11, 2002
Desert Dweller
Visit site
✟17,515.00
Good recipes, guys!!

Here's a pumpkin pie recipe that I used. Would you believe?!?!?! I just baked my very first pumpkin pie a few days ago. And, it came out fabulous. So, it has to be easy!! I ain't no baker, but this is good!

Pumpkin Pie (from Libby's)

The one and only traditional pumpkin pie! Just imagine sinking your teeth into a piece of this warm spice-filled dessert. It's tasty alone or with a smooth covering of whipped cream.
Estimated Times:
Preparation - 12 min | Cooking - 50 min | Yields - 8

Ingredients:

3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 large eggs
1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
1 garnish of whipped cream, (optional)

Directions:

MIX sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
POUR into pie shell.

BAKE in preheated 425° F. oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F.; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving, if desired.
NOTE: Do not freeze, as this will cause the crust to separate from the filling. 1 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin spice may be substituted for the cinnamon, ginger and cloves; however, the taste will be slightly different.
FOR 2 SHALLOW PIES: substitute two 9-inch (2-cup volume) pie shells. Bake in preheated 425° F. oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F.; bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until pies test done.
FOR HIGH ALTITUDE BAKING (3,500 to 6,000 ft.): Deep-dish pie- extend second bake time to 55 to 60 minutes. Shallow pies- no change.

I used real jack-o'lantern pumpkin. I bought a pumpkin, peeled it and cooked it. Then I mashed it.

But, I also did this: I placed all the pumpkin filling ingredients in a blender. Then, I blended it for about a minute. WOW! The pie was FLUFFY and wonderful.

Patty

Upvote 0

Phoebe

TwoBrickShyOfAFullLoad
Aug 22, 2002
Iowa
Visit site
✟19,524.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Rotini Vegetable Salad:
1 can (15 1/2 oz.) red kidney beans-- 1/2 c. grn pepper diced
vinegar --1 c. celery diced
1 (12oz) pkg rotini --1 small onion diced
1 pkg (10oz)frozen peas, thawed --2 c. salad dressing
1 can French style green beans ---(like Miracle Whip)
1 jar (2oz.) sliced pimiento --1 c. half and half
1/2 c. sugar --1 tsp. prepared mustard

Drain kidney beans, place in small bowl,cover with vinegar, let set 1 hour, drain. Cook rotini according to package instructions. In large bowl combine first eight ingredients. (not the sugar)
Combine salad dressing, half and half, sugar, and mustard: mix well. (use a wire whip)
Pour over macaroni mixture, mix lightly. Chill before serving.
It tastes better than it sounds! :clap:

Upvote 0
Just thought I'd share an idea that worked for me. And, it's yummy!!

If you bake your own pumpkin pie, which is EASY and well-worth it, and find that you have some leftover filling, like I did, here's something you can do with it:

Take some quick-cooking oatmeal (uncooked) and toss handfuls into your leftover pie filling. Add enough to make a somewhat doughy batter - what they call 'spoonable'.

Place this mixture on a cookie sheet, a tablespoon at a time, to make 12 cookies. They should spoon on in heaps. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and bake the cookies for 12 minutes.

They are scrumptious!! It's like eating chewy pumpkin pie!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums