• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Any Knowledge on Multiple Personalities???

Status
Not open for further replies.

taz_pazazz

Senior Veteran
Jun 23, 2005
Fargo, ND
✟2,817.00
Faith
Christian
I am hoping that someone would have extensive knowledge on split personalities, as I am really beginning to believe that it is very possible that my husband may be suffering from this. I know this thread is for schizophrenia, and I know that schizophrenia is different then split personalities, but I am hoping that someone here might be able to shed some insight on this matter, or possibly point me in the right direction.

Thank you so much for your help! Have a wonderful evening and God bless you!

In Jesus' Love,
Taz:prayer:

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:hug: any information you would get online will just put things on your plate that may cause more confusion. talking with a phyciatric crisis center would be more benifecial, in problem solving if he really needs phyciatric help.
he may be needing you to initiate his getting help, as he may not beable to take that step on his own. i'd just come right out and tell him that you'll help, and that not only are you willing to do this, but you are willing to do anything you can to be a good friend and spouse through it.
about MPD: all the different pieces of that person just functions differently. it is very complicated to explaine. the only difference between the pieces that make up all of us are that people with MPD seperate them in mental and physical survival. treat every part of them with love and as a valid part.
icon2.gif

Upvote 0

Lindstrom

Jun 10, 2005
✟8,103.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is a riddle.

I stare at a mirror, i don't know who i see
I just see someone who stares back at me

I figth with a image, i do not know who
A ghost in a mirror just a ghost like you

I fight with the fall with the mirror on the wall
I fight with the night with the mirror i figth

I fight with a shadow, a dark sad eye
A image in a mirror that says; my, my, my

I fight with a shadow, i fight with a reflection
I fight with a mirror a built in protection

I cannot have this struggle, i feel so dim
I need to drop the sword, in order to win

The mirror is me, and that what it makes
But who was my real enemy, anyways????

I haven't got the diagnos schizophrenic, rather a diagnos that goes under the line suspected schizofrenia.

I think i learned living with the "insanetiy"

They say that the line between being a genious and being insane is very thin.

Do you know why?

the diffrence between being a genious and being insane, is the fact that both the genious and the insane, has delusions.

But, the genious manage to argue for his.

Schizophrenia is the same thing as chonic psychotic.

It is to be noted, that not all psychoic are dangourous to others, rather they are a danger to themself.

With medication many people who have got the diagnos schizophrenic or psychotic, manage to live a normal life.

The problem we encounter is the alienation. We are somewhat autistic, and withdrawn from the outside world.

Schizophrenia does not damage the intelligence. But the outside world can see us as somewhat: "tricky" people.

If you are psychotic, all you can do is wait...

I have learned to not put all my trust in medical science and psychologist.

I put my whole trust in Jesus.

I read the bible day by day. chapters by chapters, sometimes books by books.

Honestly...

Everything negative can be turned into something possitive.

Usually, doctors talk about disorders and malfunctions and sometimes even damages.

Remeber; that God created you just like you are.

There is nothing wrong on you
You are intelligent
You are grown up
You are handsome
You are cheerful
You are perfect.

Cheering words.

Parhaps...

But only if you wish to believe in them.

I dare to say:

That all "so called" disorders is about perception on the outside world.

There is a famous swedish saying:
"Märk världen annars märker världen dig"

If i translate this into enlish it can become two diffrent sentences.

1. Mark the world or else the world will mark you
2. Observe the world or else the world will observe you.

Read this and try to understand.

It is how you observe the world that matters.

During my entire teens, i said inwardly to myself, "there is something wrong with the world" and "I pity the world"

What happand?

The world feelt the same thing about me. The world thought, "there is something wrong with you" and "we pity you".

Resently i just relized it.

The world is perfect just as it is. Atleast when i have Jesus close to me.

And guess what.

I am fully convinced that the world think the same about me.

Therefore, it is how you see on others that matters.

If you think everyone else is childish, everyone else will think you are childish.
If you think there is wrong with everyone else, everyone else will think there is something wrong with you.

And finally, if you think that everyone else is perfect, everyone else will think you are perfect.

Therefore.

Repeat after me.

You are perfect
You are beauiful
You are Handsome
You are kind
You are cheerful
You are intelligent
You are probobly a genious
You may be strange, but hay so am I.
You are awesome.
You are normal

You need to have faith in those statments and say that inwardly to everyone you meet. Express it with your face.

If you have trubble doing it with your face (lack of facial mimics are one of the problems psychotic people meet, but you learn eventually).

Don't give up.

Lets go to mulitple personality disorders... now known as dissociative indentity disorders.

This is a not a psychotic disorder, this is a hysterical disorder, caused by to much trauma in childhood.

Do it exist.

Undoublty yes.

While a schzophrenic can be likened to a crashed mirror, the MPD or DID can be likned to a mirror with alot of frames within it.

There are people who has one personality within themself that can show physical symtoms while another personlity doesn't. For instance, one personality can be highly allergic to cats, while another are not.

Strange, yeah...

Upvote 0

Zita123

Apr 18, 2005
CT.
✟997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
schizo and schizo effect disorder.
I too read the bible daily. I know that GOD loves us whoever or whatever we are.
Did you ever hear the saying
" GOD doesn't make no junk? "
I just fear for myself while watching my grandchildren. It never seems to come out then just peace when I hold them.
I will pray for all of us.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!
artjack said:
For time it is posible for time to be in two places at once, like one half of the earth is always dark while the other is light & there are different time zones so it is never alone. so long as there is a balance! you could say the times are split but are one

Reactions: GaelSong
Upvote 0

xianlexavier

the elf
Dec 4, 2003
✟7,863.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
4childofgod said:
When I went into the hospital the doctors said he did not believe in split personalities he is probally schizo or Bipolar (Just a thought)

that's what my doctors said about me... only they said DID/MPD or bipolar, but i talked to my counselor (who knows me better than anyone in the world) and she says i definitely have "psychosis" and a "huge possiblity of paranoid schizophrenia". i was originally diagosed as DID/MPD, but research has shown me that most schizophrenics are misdiagnosed as DID. i know i was misdiagnosed.

there's tons of information on google dot com. just search for it >> hint: if you use quotation marks, (e.g. " " ) around your words, google will search for exact phrase. really interesting, because i didnt know that until i tried it before hehehe!

as far as split personalities, i do have my fair share of 'people' and annoying voices that won't go away until i threaten to take my medicine in front of them. they taunt me, harass me, make fun of me, lie to me, even give me false information sometimes. but recently i've been receiving true information. i think the true stuff comes from an angel. the false stuff obviously comes from demons.

anyway, i know what you all are going through. i live with it with no real treatment except medications. even doing any kind of work around the house is a hassle. even my college homework. home-schooling college of course. i cannot handle being around many people. it's just... me! i sincerely prefer solitude. peace and quiet, being alone... you can learn more that way if you know what i mean ( :prayer: )

ok i'm gonna go now. i hope this helps somewhat. if u wanna contact me, feel free to. anyone! it's ok :thumbsup:

oh and b4 i go, i seen a tv documentary, actually on Cinemax, called "People Say I'm Crazy". check out that website, just type it in at google or any other search engine. it's very good. i actually write to him and his family, even email them ;) peoplesayimcrazy dot org

God Bless you all! And thanks to everyone for listening to me.
Hugs,
Lex the elf

Upvote 0

xianlexavier

the elf
Dec 4, 2003
✟7,863.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Plan 9 said:
DID does appear to be over-diagnosed, and no DSM catagory is meant to define anyone; they're for treatment purposes only. :)

i didnt know that! thanks for clue-ing me in :thumbsup:

my psychologist and i talk about the DSM... and a number. i forgot. 5 maybe? she has the book. anyway, we're trying to figure it all out here so i can get proper treatment.

the voices are like this... imagine yourself:
sitting in an empty room with echoing walls..
10 radios surround you..
they are set to 10 different volume levels..
they are also set to 10 different stations..
try to listen to only one voice/station and see how well you can hear it.

i seriously crave silence. sometimes i just cannot stand the ... pain! they bring up things from the past and dwell on them, making me see flashbacks of things that happened in my life of the past. they won't let me forget anything. it's horrible :eek:

just to let everyone here know what it feels like...
thank you ALL for listening to me *HUGS* i appreciate anyone who reads this.
God Bless,
-Lex

Reactions: Plan 9
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Plan 9

Absolutely Elsewhere
Jul 7, 2002
Deck Six, Cargo Bay Two; apply to Annabel Lee to l
Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
xianlexavier said:
i didnt know that! thanks for clue-ing me in :thumbsup:

my psychologist and i talk about the DSM... and a number. i forgot. 5 maybe? she has the book. anyway, we're trying to figure it all out here so i can get proper treatment.

Yes, DSM is short for the APA's Diagnostic and Statistcal Manual and the most current edition is number 4, because its revised as more is learned.

the voices are like this... imagine yourself:
sitting in an empty room with echoing walls..
10 radios surround you..
they are set to 10 different volume levels..
they are also set to 10 different stations..
try to listen to only one voice/station and see how well you can hear it.

i seriously crave silence. sometimes i just cannot stand the ... pain! they bring up things from the past and dwell on them, making me see flashbacks of things that happened in my life of the past. they won't let me forget anything. it's horrible :eek:

just to let everyone here know what it feels like...
thank you ALL for listening to me *HUGS* i appreciate anyone who reads this.
God Bless,
-Lex

Lex, I would think anyone who loves poetry would adore listening to you! (Do you write poetry, by any chance?)

That does sound terribly; incredibly painful, Lex! :cry: :hug:
But, as horrible an experience as it is, please never define yourself as someone who hears voices: you're so much more than your syndrome! Really, Honest!

Would you feel I was trivializing your experience if I offered Rock Song Philosophy? :blush:

Upvote 0

xianlexavier

the elf
Dec 4, 2003
✟7,863.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Plan 9 said:
Yes, DSM is short for the APA's Diagnostic and Statistcal Manual and the most current edition is number 4, because its revised as more is learned.

Lex, I would think anyone who loves poetry would adore listening to you! (Do you write poetry, by any chance?)

That does sound terribly; incredibly painful, Lex!
But, as horrible an experience as it is, please never define yourself as someone who hears voices: you're so much more than your syndrome! Really, Honest!

Would you feel I was trivializing your experience if I offered Rock Song Philosophy?

OH ok yes, number 4. I didn't even know what it stood for, DSM lol @ me

yes i certainly do write poetry! i adore reading it too. i love John Merrick's writing. older stuff of course! even mother goose rhymes (those plauged my head as a child, but i liked repetition, i always have... i couldn't have learned anything without it, imho). and Jim Morrison's (the doors) writing still blows my mind! i have two poetry books of his, and almost all his albums. i'll try to get back on my writing and post something (in another room of course, i dont want to disturb the flow of conversation here). i also write stories. currently writing one children's story and one mystery/horror story.
thank u for the heartwarming comment! you are very right. we who hear voices ARE more than our syndrome. for instance, i use my thoughts, emotions and voices in my poetry and story writing. which by the way makes it all that much more interesting. :D it's good therapy, so i suggest to anyone who has any type of mental illness - journal writing, poetry, story writing, 'rant' writing, drawing pictures, painting, arts and crafts . . . just some things i do to knock out the internal taunts. however, NOTHING can compare to the Bible. just my opinion, but I think the BIBLE is the key to all human knowledge; filled with true stories and 'fantasy' type creatures, symbolic wording.. it's amazing. i (heart) it! hehe!!

rock song philosophy? such as lyrics? i would not feel trivialized at all! i know i would enjoy it. bring it on!! i am so excited to read!!!!! i LOVE rock music. 80's and 90's . . some 60's and 70's too
@( ^ _ ^ )@ < I am all ears.

okey dokey, well, i'm off to see the wizard. er, uh, sandman :thumbsup:
-Lex

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.