Anime Music Videos...does this title really need to be more descriptive?

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Asur said:
Maybe I just watch really good AMVs, but most AMVs I've seen have music in sync with the mouths

Yeah definately common. It's not that hard really. In a large amount of sccenes in anime, the character stays pretty much in one place while talking. And there's a fram for an open mouth, a closed, mouth, and a halfway open mouth while in that position. You just grab one of each frame and repeat them as needed to simulate lip synch.

Upvote 0

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ok, well, I figured that since I do want to get some feedback on some of my videos, I'd ask here, and revive my own thread in the process.

For those of you who aren't members of www.animemusicvideos.org, or who are but can't download Local videos yet, I can supply you with my AMVs via AIM. Keep in mind though that my AMVs are a little on the big side for 56k users. If you have 128k IDSN, DSL, Cable, or higher I don't think it'll be a problem, seeing as how I have a broadband connection :D . Just hop on over to my web page's AMV page, www.geocities.com/qyot27/ASIDigital.html, and look at the videos. I do have a limited amount of bandwidth 'cause I'm on Geocities, so do your clicking wisely. The only places worth looking at are the Dreamscape series, Power Of Corruption series, and Single Video Archive. The multi-editor page isn't worth looking at the first time you go to the website.

If you find a video you want to see, PM me or try to catch me on AIM and I can set up the file transfer.

Here are my personal recommendations, to cut some confusion out of this:
1) Solace in Destruction or The Nights Will See Them Through (these are the ones I'm proudest of)
2) How Not To Be Seen and SPHS Anime Club Commercial (my most well-known videos)
3) Eva Stripped, 'Nerv' Trouble, or Kamui...Don't You Think? (these were important stepping stones in my development as an editor. Eva Stripped, however, is quite a bit on the suggestive side but very powerful in emotional content, even if it's editing isn't as good as it should be. 'Nerv' Trouble was my first comedy video and flows very well. Kamui...Don't You Think? was my first action video after I started putting real effort into my videos, so it's actual editing is on par with The Nights Will See Them Through (it just doesn't have nearly the amount of storyline Nights does)).

Upvote 0