Feb 3, 2003
Semi-Nomad
Visit site
✟702.00
Faith
Messianic
I would go with,

#1) Yeshua prophesied it

#2) The priests (Soferim, Sadducees) were highly corrupt and blatantly perverted what they knew to be G-d's word. Their perversion of the special closeness as the high priest's of G-d's chosen people in his holy temple was probably one of the worst.

Everybody predicted their downfall including the Pharisees (P'rushim), the Essenes, etc. Jesus was the only one who made a prophecy in which the circumstances came true and his people were the only ones who followed it in order to have their lives saved.

It should also be noted that as the destruction of Jerusalem and the Soferim neared completion, the commander of the opposing armies (Vespasian IIRC) was made emperor of Rome. His reign greatly lessened the persecution of Christians and Jews in the Roman empire.

Seems to me that it served the Lord's purpose and he rewarded the remover of those who perverted his holy temple.

Thats my $.02

Peace

Edit: Just wanted to add, what was the one point we know of in the life of our Lord Yeshua where he got violently angry and overthrew tables? There's the Lord's disposition on the matter. ;)

Upvote 0