N/A
✟155,274.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well show me a working model of the globe with all the stars.
There are around 9,000 stars visible by a naked eye and billions behind that, your requirement is nonsensical.

The standard model explains everything easily - from eclipses to GPS satellites to such common things like sport events (Vendee Global, our favorite). Your model explains nothing of this sort, literally.

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

In Sight Like Unto An Emerald
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟42,763.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Haha
Reactions: pgp_protector
Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟42,763.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All countries involved with space programs, every astronaut in those countries, everyone that works in that field, etc -again, I don't believe it.

As I have said before, work done by employees at NASA is done by a need to know basis.

Only those at the top of the game really know what the score is.

• Haha
Reactions: pgp_protector
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,195,519.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Here we go, now show me a working model of the earth with the stars.

That isn't a working model. Claims are made which simply aren't true.
For example, it claims the light from the sun can only travel so far, yet there is nothing to block the sun's light. If you and a friend go out to a remote area at night and stand a mile apart then you shine a torch at your friend, you won't see your friend lit up by the torch but your friend will still be able to see your light. They will remain in the dark but can see your torch clearly. Also the light source on that model will not appear circular when viewed from the side but only when directly below, unlike the sun which remains a circle when viewed from any angle. On that model it will get flatter and flatter until it is just a thin sliver, but it will still be visible up in the sky, plus it would still be lighting up the sky immediately beneath it so dust and distant clouds would all be lit up and visible beneath it, even if the light couldn't be seen directly.
That model also cannot depict the stars as seen in the Southern Hemisphere. When someone in Argentina looks South just after nightfall, they see exactly the same stars as someone in South Africa who is looking South just before dawn. On your flat earth model they will be looking in completely different directions and couldn't possibly see the same stars.

A major issue with the flat earth model is the claimed close proximity of the sun. With the amount of energy reaching the earth's surface, taking the inverse square into account it would not be possible for passenger airlines to fly at the altitudes they do as the sun's intensity that much closer would burn them to a crisp.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,195,519.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
As I have said before, work done by employees at NASA is done by a need to know basis.

Is there a difference between making stuff up (as you are clearly doing) and telling a lie?
Honest question. How do you think this affects your witness as a Christian?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,274.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

This is such a nonsense. You have no idea what the NASA, GPS, ESA, Galileo, Roskosmos, SpaceX and similar astronomers or engineers need to know, understand and do in their jobs. What textbooks and experiments their engineering is based upon etc.

And you are totally ignoring the fact that even children can send a balloon with a cam to space or even you can buy a telescope and see planets for yourself.

Your ideas are absolutely ignorant.

• Agree
Reactions: JulieB67
Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟42,763.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A major issue with the flat earth model is the claimed close proximity of the sun.

No way sun is not
And you are totally ignoring the fact that even children can send a balloon with a cam to space or even you can buy a telescope and see planets for yourself.

What children ? As for planets all's your seeing is stars.

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟154,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, my father, who has passed on was an amateur astronomer and that's where I get my love for God's universe and the magnitude of it from him. He got some amazing pictures like Haley's comet in '86 and many other great ones. He was in the Louisville Astronomical Society when I grew up, etc. But the point is, no way we were looking at just stars when he would set up his telescope in the countryside and took us kids along. Amazing stuff and he was a strong Christian as well.

ETA, he states I was sitting on his lap when we landed on the moon :)

Last edited:
Reactions: trophy33
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,195,519.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Never heard of the guy until now so I don't know.
You don't know any of the people at NASA, but that hasn't stopped you from making bold claims about their motives. Why is this guy different?

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,195,519.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
No way sun is not
Quite the contrary. It is because the sun is so far distant that passenger airlines don't experience any difference in heat energy at high altitude compared to the earth's surface. It is because the sun is so far distant that its size does not change due to perspective as it 'travels across the sky'. It is because the sun is a sphere that its shape always appears circular as it 'travels across the sky', except for extreme atmospheric distortion right on the horizon.

The flat earth model fails because it cannot reproduce what we actually see, unlike the heliocentric model, which matches everything we see.

Reactions: trophy33
Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟42,763.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Quite the contrary. It is because the sun is so far distant that passenger airlines don't experience any difference in heat energy at high altitude compared to the earth's surface. It is because the sun is so far distant that its size does not change due to perspective as it 'travels across the sky'. It is because the sun is a sphere that its shape always appears circular as it 'travels across the sky', except for extreme atmospheric distortion right on the horizon.

The sun is not 93 million miles away.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,195,519.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The sun is not 93 million miles away.

Nonsense claim contrary to all evidence followed by stupid video that doesn't address any of the evidence. Why do you keep linking these videos? They don't help your case and only demonstrate that flat earthers don't understand what they are looking at.

Set up a bright studio floodlight and set up a frame in front of it with a few thin strips of tissue paper to simulate clouds. Stand some distance in front of the light (don't want you damaging your eyes) and see if you can still see the tissue paper in front of the light. You won't be able to because of the lights intensity, so it will appear that the light is positioned in front of the frame with the tissue paper. The sun is behind the clouds but you cannot see the thin clouds directly in front of the sun, only the thicker clouds that are closer, so idiots like DITRH claim the sun is in front of the thin clouds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,195,519.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟255,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Your co-flat-earther @Apple Sky won't be happy with those photos. She insists the color must be green.
-
Do not have much time to reply. Have picked up a unwanted dog and i have that dog and my other two at two different locations, plus work. So only short reply's. Here is another link to a photo taken in Vicksburg, Ms

Vicksburg, Ms

Upvote 0