south wales
✟47,398.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If they went out of our perspective, they would get smaller and smaller and fade away.

At sunset this is exactly what happens. it gets smaller & smaller until darkness falls, the sun doesn't actually fade away it is rising elsewhere in the east.
Over night the sun passes through North gate and then rises in the East gate.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟251,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
At sunset this is exactly what happens.
It's nothing like what happens. It doesn't fade away into the distance, it clearly drops below the horizon. The bottom of it gradually disappears below the horizon, and more and more disappears below the horizon, until there's nothing left, and it gets dark.

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

In Sight Like Unto An Emerald
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟47,398.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's nothing like what happens. It doesn't fade away into the distance, it clearly drops below the horizon. The bottom of it gradually disappears below the horizon, and more and more disappears below the horizon, until there's nothing left, and it gets dark.

So where do you think the sun actually goes ?

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟251,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
So where do you think the sun actually goes ?
I think the Earth slowly rotates. A full revolution every 24 hours. I would think that you'd be familiar with this idea by now, even if you don't believe it happens.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟257,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I posted this on another thread about the flood, that was asking Was Noah's flood global. So i am reposing it here as Noah's flood was not global. Because the earth is not a globe, but like The Bible states the flood covered all the earth.
---------------------------------------------
This is an illustration of what The Bible states was the flood, as Genesis 7 states. If read what The Bible actually states, The Bible never states the flood waters covered the seas. Just the earth and the flood only wiped out living creatures on the face of the earth. The seas were not covered by the flood waters and nothing in the seas died.

The earth in The Bible means land/ground and not a water covered sphere with land scattered around the sphere.

For after seven more days I will cause it to rain on the earth forty days and forty nights, and I will destroy from the face of the earth all living things that I have made.”

Noah was six hundred years old when the floodwaters were on the earth.

And it came to pass after seven days that the waters of the flood were on the earth.

In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep were broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

Now the flood was on the earth forty days. The waters increased and lifted up the ark, and it rose high above the earth. The waters prevailed and greatly increased on the earth, and the ark moved about on the surface of the waters. And the waters prevailed exceedingly on the earth, and all the high hills under the whole heaven were covered. The waters prevailed fifteen cubits upward, and the mountains were covered. And all flesh died that moved on the earth: birds and cattle and beasts and every creeping thing that creeps on the earth, and every man. All in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, all that was on the dry land, died. So He destroyed all living things which were on the face of the ground: both man and cattle, creeping thing and bird of the air. They were destroyed from the earth. Only Noah and those who were with him in the ark remained alive. And the waters prevailed on the earth one hundred and fifty days.

As is stated in The Bible God sits above the circle of the earth as illustrated in the top drawing. The Bible also states God. For He has founded it upon the seas, And established it upon the waters.

DSCN0462.JPG

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,200,877.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
At sunset this is exactly what happens. it gets smaller & smaller until darkness falls
The sun's angular size does not change throughout the day, which it would have to if the earth were flat.
the sun doesn't actually fade away it is rising elsewhere in the east.
Because the Earth is rotating
Over night the sun passes through North gate and then rises in the East gate.
You have now entered fantasy land. This does not even line up with the claims of flat earthers.

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟47,398.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because the Earth is rotating

Rubbish, if the earths rotating what stops the constellations (which we see the same year after year, keeping their order ) from wondering off all over the place ?

You have now entered fantasy land. This does not even line up with the claims of flat earthers.

But it does in the book of Enoch, he explains all the gates of the sun & the moon, even the windows of heaven which were opened during Noah's flood.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,200,877.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Rubbish, if the earths rotating what stops the constellations (which we see the same year after year, keeping their order ) from wondering off all over the place ?
How does it follow that the earth rotating will have any effect on where stars are located? (Answer: it doesn't)
But it does in the book of Enoch, he explains all the gates of the sun & the moon, even the windows of heaven which were opened during Noah's flood
I'll let you argue that one with your fellow flat earthers. You don't agree with what you posted earlier, let alone what most flat earthers claim.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,071,355.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But it does in the book of Enoch, he explains all the gates of the sun & the moon, even the windows of heaven which were opened during Noah's flood.
The book of Enoch isn't Biblical
We've discussed this before.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,200,877.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The book of Enoch isn't Biblical
We've discussed this before.
Even while it is included in the Ethiopian Orthodox Canon, the Orthodox have different tiers of "canon", the pinnacle of which are the Gospels, followed by Acts and the Epistles, followed by the Psalms etc. with Enoch being at the very bottom. It is certainly not used as the basis for any Church doctrine.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,071,355.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know, but............... I can't help what I've read.
You can't help what you've read; you don't have to believe it.
And you can certainly choose which books to read in future. Books that are actually about the Bible; commentaries, books that explore the Greek and Hebrew and so one are far more interesting and useful in helping you to understand God's word - the word of God - than books which you consider to be "Bible related."
I'm reading a book at the moment which shows how Jesus is foretold by, and appears in, the OT - and it was written by a Jewish Rabbi!

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟47,398.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm reading a book at the moment which shows how Jesus is foretold by, and appears in, the OT - and it was written by a Jewish Rabbi!

This book sounds interesting indeed.

Upvote 0