A question for pro lifers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And in the real world, would you walk up to someone and yell at them(a lot of yelling is done here with the hurtful words)the words you are using here. In real life you might just get punched out (probably not but someone would feel like it).

...but I haven't yelled at anyone. I have not used hurtful words. It is one of the many lessons I have learned here at CF. This is a great place to learn how to communicate effectively.

Lisa

Upvote 0

freyajem

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2005
Nova Scotia
✟5,552.00
Faith
Christian
In truth, I believe life begins at conception, before.

I understand the plight of women. We are given the privilege, the joy, of having children, a very painful process that a man would do never more than once........the plight of women that men can bed with anybody without any responsibility to the the world(the world), while women are given no choices at at. I can understand that they want some choices and under extenuating circumstances, they do have choice and they always have to live with whatever choice they make. It's never easy and I think that we who have never been in the position of having to make a choice.....I think we should not make it more difficult for them than it is.

Upvote 0

freyajem

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2005
Nova Scotia
✟5,552.00
Faith
Christian
...but I haven't yelled at anyone. I have not used hurtful words. It is one of the many lessons I have learned here at CF. This is a great place to learn how to communicate effectively.

Lisa

To edit: I have reread the postings and I see Lisa that you have not used offensive language or attacked anyone. You clearly keep in mind to be careful to respect other posters and I appreciate that. I have left my original post intact so it can be seen that this is part of my apology to you Lisa. The words belong to others that I have seen again doing as I said. But not you Lisa.

Yes you have. Trouble is that you are not the brunt of your words so you don't hear what you sound like. It is easy to point a finger. For those of us who have not been caught in a catch 22 situation, we seem to love to crush those who have been, and we don't even hear what we are doing because we are so pure(and I would put a question mark there for 99% of women).

Upvote 0

freyajem

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2005
Nova Scotia
✟5,552.00
Faith
Christian
I have been reading this thread and I am horrified at what Christian women and men hurl at other women who are in a position that they are for the most part just fortunate that they have not been in. I have seen this little compassion in a meeting of women(pure ones that is) attaching other women for their choices. Made me cry and I would never be Pro Life or part of the feminist movement after that. Such unfeeling women that I never hope to meet again.

Because it is all about God is okay except when attacking other people. In cases like this, I would use WWJD, WWJS. What would Jesus Do, Say. I know the Gospels pretty much by heart and He wouldn't be attacking. He'd be saying it without attacking.

Upvote 0

freyajem

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2005
Nova Scotia
✟5,552.00
Faith
Christian

Lisa

You are right Lisa. YOu haven't used offensive language. I can see that now. Others have but not you. I apologize for that.

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You are right Lisa. YOu haven't used offensive language. I can see that now. Others have but not you. I apologize for that.

Thank You. I really, really appreciate that.

Would you mind editing the post in which you said that I was. I value my reputation and someone may read that and keep it in mind the next time I am posting with them.

Lisa

Upvote 0

freyajem

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2005
Nova Scotia
✟5,552.00
Faith
Christian
Thank You. I really, really appreciate that.

Would you mind editing the post in which you said that I was. I value my reputation and someone may read that and keep it in mind the next time I am posting with them.

Lisa

I have done as you asked. I hope the way I did it is satisfactory to you. If it isn't what you want, please just say and I will do it better. YOu are the way I want to be when posting, honest and respectful....a hard thing to manage.

Upvote 0

StTherese

Peace begins with a smile :)
Aug 23, 2006
✟22,733.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I understand the plight of women. We are given the privilege, the joy, of having children, a very painful process that a man would do never more than once........the plight of women that men can bed with anybody without any responsibility to the the world(the world), while women are given no choices at at. I can understand that they want some choices and under extenuating circumstances, they do have choice and they always have to live with whatever choice they make. It's never easy and I think that we who have never been in the position of having to make a choice.....I think we should not make it more difficult for them than it is.
If what you are trying to say is that we should make the choice to have an abortion easier, than you are wrong (IMHO).
Women need to be educated in the truth about abortion. The harm that it causes, the horrible evil that it is.
I disagree with your logic. Women make choices everyday. We always have a choice to do what is right!

Reactions: Lisa0315
Upvote 0

freyajem

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2005
Nova Scotia
✟5,552.00
Faith
Christian
If what you are trying to say is that we should make the choice to have an abortion easier, than you are wrong (IMHO).
Women need to be educated in the truth about abortion. The harm that it causes, the horrible evil that it is.
I disagree with your logic. Women make choices everyday. We always have a choice to do what is right!

You know, what a sick thing to say that I am saying that we should make the choice for abortion easier. Gracious, that is sad. The choice for abortion already is easier than I could ever hope to make it.

I said I am for Life but I will not call myself Pro Life because my experience with Pro Life people is that they want to destroy Pro Choice people in their overeager attempts to force total black and white on everybody.

Nothing in this world is black and white period. There are all shades of gray in between. I am sure there is black and white in the bible but we do not live in there. We live in this gray world God created for us.

But you want to be black and white, go for it but you only push away the people who you should rather be bringing to God.

Take this and misinterpret is because I can see there in no talking with the saints.

Upvote 0

StTherese

Peace begins with a smile :)
Aug 23, 2006
✟22,733.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

You know, what a sick thing to say that I am saying that we should make the choice for abortion easier. Gracious, that is sad. The choice for abortion already is easier than I could ever hope to make it.

I said I am for Life but I will not call myself Pro Life because my experience with Pro Life people is that they want to destroy Pro Choice people in their overeager attempts to force total black and white on everybody.

Nothing in this world is black and white period. There are all shades of gray in between. I am sure there is black and white in the bible but we do not live in there. We live in this gray world God created for us.

But you want to be black and white, go for it but you only push away the people who you should rather be bringing to God.

Take this and misinterpret is because I can see there in no talking with the saints.
How can you say you are "for life" only in certain circumstances?
If someone claims to be pro life, but would kill those who are not, do you really think that person was "pro life"?

When it comes to Truth...it IS black and white. Are we not called to live the Gospel? God is not the creator of confusion and caos.

And... you should not assume those who have or have not been in this position.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

freyajem

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2005
Nova Scotia
✟5,552.00
Faith
Christian
How can you say you are "for life" only in certain circumstances?
If someone claims to be pro life, but would kill those who are not, do you really think that person was "pro life"?

When it comes to Truth...it IS black and white. Are we not called to live the Gospel? God is not the creator of confusion and caos.

And... you should not assume those who have or have not been in this position.

I'm not writing the rules here, nor are you, nor is anyone else. The most we can hope for is to understand life better and hopefully make a difference in a gentle and loving manner.

I personally would like to see a whole lot less abortions. But I have no means of input and I know that telling people they are wrong simply doesn't work. Never has, never will, just drives them further away. Absolutely no abortions at all would simply result in underground, dirty knives, self inflicted clothes hangers, mega deaths from such.

So I just try to hang from a place where I know life begins at conception, before and I hope that somebody can find a solution that betters pulling out the black and white for the gray world. If the world is black and white for you and you have never done anything wrong and know without a shadow of a doubt that you would never, ever do anything wrong at all, then you are a very special pure person and I will ignore the words and tone.

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not writing the rules here, nor are you, nor is anyone else. The most we can hope for is to understand life better and hopefully make a difference in a gentle and loving manner.

I personally would like to see a whole lot less abortions. But I have no means of input and I know that telling people they are wrong simply doesn't work. Never has, never will, just drives them further away. Absolutely no abortions at all would simply result in underground, dirty knives, self inflicted clothes hangers, mega deaths from such.

So I just try to hang from a place where I know life begins at conception, before and I hope that somebody can find a solution that betters pulling out the black and white for the gray world. If the world is black and white for you and you have never done anything wrong and know without a shadow of a doubt that you would never, ever do anything wrong at all, then you are a very special pure person and I will ignore the words and tone.

Do you think the annual deaths from dirty abortions would be more or less than 1.5 million?

Lisa

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rehcjam

May 7, 2007
✟7,662.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
So if a woman is hell bent on abortion, what would you do, tie them to a chair for nine months

Personally if a woman is hell bent on getting an abortion, I would be hellbent on making sure they had an accurate misrepresentation of what would happen to them, including the fact that often the doctor injects a slat saline mix into the womb which dissolves the baby, or uses the equivalent of a vacuum cleaner which pulls the baby out of the womb a little bit at a time.......

But even if the woman knowing what will happen to the baby still insists on getting an abortion, my focus would be on maintaning the relationship, and letting her know that regardless I will still be there.

Because I would rather that this woman knows that when the guilt and heartbreak and the full impact of what she has done kicks in, and it will kick in, that she can come to me, and deal with it.

If I disagreed with every action my clients have ever taken and refused to treat those I disagereed with, I would have no clients

What about your own guilt?
(Romans 12:9) Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

Upvote 0

rehcjam

May 7, 2007
✟7,662.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
For a while I was extremely pro-life. There wasn't a situation I would find acceptable to abort a baby. I still am from a religion stand point.

But, most people aren't religious. So from a secular standpoint, I am pro-choice GIVEN they have a good reason. I've seen girls who get an abortion for the sheer cause of, well, they don't want to be fat. I WOULD NEVER get an abortion. I wouldn't have gotten an abortion when I was 12 either.

If you do it without a proper cause it is murder, don't let anyone convince you otherwise. There is someone inside you. By the time you find out for sure there is someone inside you, that someone is a someone. But if it threatens your physical health, if you know for a fact you can't provide for it, it might be better for the baby.

THAT'S THE SECULAR VIEW OKAY?

Again, I don't believe abortion is ever right. Especially since only a handful of cases are actually rape and only another handful are life threatening. Most people just messed up and now they don't want to go through the consequence of their mess up (I love when people counter this with "ABORTION IS A CONSEQUENCE". No, it's another mistake with different consequences. Humans make mistakes to hide mistakes. Like when you steal, you lie. When you gossip, you blame it on the other girl.)

Double mindedness is a great attribute.

(James 1:8) A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
(James 4:8) Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.