Tahoka, Texas
✟8,589.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why do you automatically assume that pro choice equals pro abortion?

Note: I have to run to classes now, but when I get back, I will post my point of view

I see what you are saying, but most pro-choicers do kind of make it seem that they are pro-abortion. So most opinions on someone is how they convey themselves and this is what I see from most pro-choicers.

Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I see what you are saying, but most pro-choicers do kind of make it seem that they are pro-abortion. So most opinions on someone is how they convey themselves and this is what I see from most pro-choicers.
Interesting. My experience has been different

Its the pro lifers that label me pro abortion

Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Can you define pro choice for us then...

Could you also address the OP please, I am really interested in why pro choice people are automatically labeled pro abortion by pro lifers

However I will answer your question as best I can. Honestly I can only define pro choice as how I define that value, however I am against abortion catergorically, however I support a womens right to choose. Perhaps its not just by POV because I know other pro choicers that feel the same way I do.

I have found that I am able to do far more good, by adopting a pro choice approach than if i'd labeled myself pro life.......

Upvote 0

teishpriest

Feb 23, 2007
United States
✟8,006.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, if one supports a woman's "right" to choose and abortion, then they must think that abortion is acceptable. So, if one is for "choice", then they must me for the abortion option.

A true pro-lifer is against abortion, euthanasia, etc. in ALL circumstances. One who labels themself pro-life, but allows exceptions is also "pro-abortion".

Upvote 0

freyajem

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2005
Nova Scotia
✟5,552.00
Faith
Christian
Well, if one supports a woman's "right" to choose and abortion, then they must think that abortion is acceptable. So, if one is for "choice", then they must me for the abortion option.

A true pro-lifer is against abortion, euthanasia, etc. in ALL circumstances. One who labels themself pro-life, but allows exceptions is also "pro-abortion".

I disagree. I am Pro Life but I am not Anti Abortion. There are times that I feel the circumstances require the choice to be between the woman, man and doctor.

Pro Choice does not necessarily mean Pro Abortion and Pro Life does not necessarily mean Anti Abortion.

But then I am one of those people who has learned some flexibility from a life of hard knocks. And I live in a bit of a gray world where people are unique, individual and so are their needs.

Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private

Some sweeping generalisations there, and your post does seem to miss the point that the world is not nearly as black and white as all that

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
This is not a generalization it is only logical.
not particularly logical

The world is not logical at times, and more often than not it fails to present itself in black and white, rather many shades of gray, something that a pro life stance does not IMHO take into account.

Shades of gray dont change the right and wrong of a particular situation, nor does it change the fact that abortion is a terrible path to go down, it does however change how we may act on our convictions

Upvote 0

rehcjam

May 7, 2007
✟7,662.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
not particularly logical

The world is not logical at times, and more often than not it fails to present itself in black and white, rather many shades of gray, something that a pro life stance does not IMHO take into account.

Shades of gray dont change the right and wrong of a particular situation, nor does it change the fact that abortion is a terrible path to go down, it does however change how we may act on our convictions
Is abortion wrong?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rehcjam

May 7, 2007
✟7,662.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
not particularly logical

Is murder wrong?

Upvote 0

rehcjam

May 7, 2007
✟7,662.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
not particularly logical

Should murder be illegal?

Upvote 0

MelissaShae

Apr 3, 2007
Tahoka, Texas
✟8,589.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think most pro-choicers position themselves as pro-abortion and say that it is okay because a fetus isn't a baby yet and doesn't have a soul, or at least that is what I have encountered.

I am pro-life but I do think there are exceptions as in rape of a child that produces a pregnancy or if there is a medical situation and that is between a woman and her doctor where to go from there.

I think that too many people use abortion as birth control and I think that is wrong.

And you don't have to be pro-choice to be pro-abortion, so I agree with you there, I think that some pro-choicers do make it seem that way though with their arguments.

Upvote 0

rehcjam

May 7, 2007
✟7,662.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think most pro-choicers position themselves as pro-abortion and say that it is okay because a fetus isn't a baby yet and doesn't have a soul, or at least that is what I have encountered.

I am pro-life but I do think there are exceptions as in rape of a child that produces a pregnancy or if there is a medical situation and that is between a woman and her doctor where to go from there.

I think that too many people use abortion as birth control and I think that is wrong.

And you don't have to be pro-choice to be pro-abortion, so I agree with you there, I think that some pro-choicers do make it seem that way though with their arguments.

Why is it wrong to use abortion as birth control?

Upvote 0

MelissaShae

Apr 3, 2007
Tahoka, Texas
✟8,589.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why is it wrong to use abortion as birth control?

I'm sorry but this is not part of the OP and I will answer it but I think that we are getting very close to getting off topic.

Because IMO and what scripture tells me is that it is murder and it is wrong.

I know lots of other people who think that a fetus is not a baby and doesn't have a soul but I disagree. I believe that from the moment of conception God has his hands on that child and it indeed is a baby with a soul.

Abortion is very hard on women physically, emotionally and mentally and it should not be used because someone is not mature enough to go out and get birth control pills or practice abstinence. Abortion should only be performed in serious situations of health or rape of a minor child that results in pregnancy.

I apologize for getting off topic!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.