Status
Not open for further replies.

Storyteller

Oct 17, 2005
✟171.00
Faith
Methodist
My Testimony......

My testimony is basically a life of pride and insecurity...

It started in high school. I considered myself mutitalented and intelligent, but some friends were hearthrobs and I wasn't...so the seed started...
In college I met this guy who became my friend...And this started to make my insecurity at full blast. He became popular and a hearthrob of girls, even if he wasn't really goodlooking. I envied him, and wanted to be as popular as he was. I wanted to be a hearthrob of girls as he was. And lastly, i was so insecure of how sexually appealing i was to girls...

Thus started my life of pride and insecurity. I received Christ when i was in high school. But in college onwards, i became a people-pleaser, and changed some things bout myself and how I look. 2nd year college -i became popular and started hearing that i was a hearthrob, but never believed it --because i could accept that fact. I was too insecure of my own looks, of my own sex appeal.
There were times when I would turn again to God and submit to Him. Those were the times in my life when i was not a person-pleaser and lived peacefully, and lived to pleased God.
Now, the battle is still ongoing. But God is gracious.... i'm still struggling with pride and insecurity and envy of hearthrob men, but God will help me. I only need to submit to Him everyday and every moment. The journey is rocky, but it is worth it.

Now the Lord has assured I indeed have sex appeal. But what is more impt is that He loves me, and that I submit to Him and love Him....

Status
Not open for further replies.