SongOfTheLamb

Aug 1, 2004
Exactley Where God put me!
✟15,770.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would like to join a thread... but this one is the only one active and I know very little about sci-fi. I do like fantasy. To be honest I read quite a bit of the thread and feel extremely lost. I would love to join... but is there a role I can play that would be a foreigner of some sort that knows very little about what is going on? I would like to be a female who has a good hearted nature but with internal deep seeded struggles. If you cant think of a way to fit me in, its ok. I realize my lack of knowledge in the sci-fi field may disqualify me.

Upvote 0

Paladin Dave

The Beauty's Beast
Aug 30, 2004
Undisclosed
✟42,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey Song! Long time no see! Let's see, uh… well. Let me start off by saying I don't mean to sound like your presence would be anything short of welcome. If you really wanna join, I sure as heck won't be turning you away. As for being lost? Yeah, I can imagine that'd be the result for a newcomer to the setting. It's not just any sci fi setting, but Warhammer 40,000; one that's rife with minutia, history and variety. That said, playing a the sort of character you suggested would be perfectly doable. The Imperium of Man spans over a million worlds, many of which regressed technologically after humanity seeded them with colonists, resulting in stone-age, medieval, or even gunpowder age societies growing on planets that are part of a futuristic galactic empire. As a result, their citizens tend to either stay on their homeworld and never experience the wonders (and more bountiful terrors) of the greater galaxy, or get taken up into the stars and introduced to the terrible and complex truth of what the average human experiences beyond their little planet.

If you prefer fantasy, A Grain of Sand is still active, just on the cusp of a big story arc, I believe. Woman of Faith and StarSplitter can better help you there, though. Star GM's that thread, and I'm GMing this one.

Let me know if I can be of any help in making a decision or learning more! Any chance you can highlight what has you feeling lost?

Upvote 0

SongOfTheLamb

Aug 1, 2004
Exactley Where God put me!
✟15,770.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Paladin Dave! I was wondering if you would remember me, its been years. :)

In all honesty I am lost about the whole thing. I have never heard of Warhammer 40,000, and even have a hard time following what is being said. I feel like my vocabulary in this scenario is not up to par. But then again, I am a little foggy headed due to some stress right now. I am planning on trying to research Warhammer 40000 and maybe then I can jump in. Also, could you please post a link to the other thread you mentioned? I am having a hard time navigating around for some reason. Thank you so much!! :)

Upvote 0

Paladin Dave

The Beauty's Beast
Aug 30, 2004
Undisclosed
✟42,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I definitely do! =D As for the other thread, you'd need to ask here http://www.christianforums.com/t7405030/ about joining this http://www.christianforums.com/t7742462/ story. It's been running for EVAH, but I imagine if you ask, the powers that be will see about working you in. New blood is good, yis.

As for learning about 40k, as it's colloquially known, a site called Lexicanum and the 40k wiki site are both reliable sources for the vast expanses of fluff. Rogue Traders - Warhammer 40K Wiki - Space Marines, Chaos, planets, and more This link here is an article on the Rogue Traders, interstellar explorers. Glory St. Claire, Woman of Faith's character, is a RT captain that is in command of the ship on which our adventures are centered. I am running this thread in a tabletop RP style in that I don't have a character; I just control everything that's not a PC.

Warhammer 40K Wiki - Space Marines, Chaos, planets, and more This is the general 40k wiki site. After reading the little opening blurb, that giant paragraph there, I'd suggest the article on the Imperium of Man, but I must implore you not to try and take on too much at once. It's a BIG and confusing setting, and there's a LOT to get lost in. So tell us more about what sort of archetype/character you'd like to play, and we can work things out from there and try to help you put something together that'd fit the setting.

Upvote 0

Woman of Faith

...by faith I am saved.
Jul 16, 2004
Ooooooklahoma!
✟16,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ugh! My prevaricating is at an end and now I have to start procrastinating to get this story of Gridley and Cpt. St. Claire's first meeting done. I WILL do it, just don't know when. Suggestions are welcome.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Woman of Faith

...by faith I am saved.
Jul 16, 2004
Ooooooklahoma!
✟16,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Aren't YOU blessed! :D Hope you had a great time. :)

Dave, and any other interested parties, the thing with Capt. St. Claire and Gridley's first meeting is that it was the captain who was trying to kill Gridley due to a case of mistaken identity. Then Gridley ended up saving the captain's life somehow. I figure maybe Gridley looked like someone who ripped off Capt. St. Claire or offended his honor some way. Anyhow, am noodling it.

((RIP Phil Everly :( ))

Upvote 0

Paladin Dave

The Beauty's Beast
Aug 30, 2004
Undisclosed
✟42,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh! My mistake, sorry. Would Gridley have been in the Death Korps still? I'm trying to think of a good reason for him to be hunting a Death Korps soldier. They're usually fanatically loyal, but if one or a group went bad, it'd be hard to tell them from the good Kriegers since A. they wear those gas masks, and B. Krieg was given special permission by the Imperium to clone more meat for the proverbial grinder, since Krieg's guard regiments were so badly diminished by their civil war. Am I going in the remotely right direction here?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums