Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I used to love Rugrats. Ren and Stimpy was fun until it started getting blatantly weird and gross.
Rugrats! Yes! Probably one of the only 90s nickelodeon shows I think many of us late 90s babies grew up watching. I don't remember Ren and Stumpy, Doug, etc. I remember All that, The Amanda Show, Drake and Josh, etc from the early to mid 2000s.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rugrats! Yes! Probably one of the only 90s nickelodeon shows I think many of us late 90s babies grew up watching. I don't remember Ren and Stumpy, Doug, etc. I remember All that, The Amanda Show, Drake and Josh, etc from the early to mid 2000s.
I find those shows like All That, Drake and Josh horribly disturbing anymore after watching that documentary on what they went through. Looking back on it, a lot of that humor was wholly inappropriate.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Same here, before Cartoon Network went down the drain with more modern shows. Though, Regular Show and Adventure Time were okay.
That channel has lost its way imo.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟106,570.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That channel has lost its way imo.
Agreed. Lot of trashy shows on it, since 2012 or so, and probably even worse in the later 2010s and now mid-2020s. Glad my parents ditched Dish in 2012.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It’s was just getting gross and extremely violent. I have no idea what it’s like now.
Agreed. Lot of trashy shows on it, since 2012 or so, and probably even worse in the later 2010s and now mid-2020s. Glad my parents ditched Dish in 2012.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,169,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like we had the same childhood!

Also on CN:
The Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy
Foster Homes for Imaginary Friends
Camp Lazlo

But I think I'm a bit younger than you, so you may or may not have watched them.

:)

I'm a little older than you.

I watched some of those above cartoons. Although by the time those cartoons came out... I was kind of outgrowing children's programming.

Also don't want to forget the PBS show Arthur. Remember that premiering in 1996. Believe the show recently retired only a few years ago.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,169,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I used to love Rugrats. Ren and Stimpy was fun until it started getting blatantly weird and gross.

Oh yeah. I remember when the show was rebooted in 2003. Went from a very questionable "children's show" to a flat-out gross adult program.

I never liked Ren and Stimpy. Found it too disturbing. Ironically the only few times I remember watching Ren And Stimpy was when my father was watching it. Usually early in the morning. Also, despite being a huge Nickleodeon fan as a kid... I don't remember it being on the channel very often. At least from the mid-90s on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh yeah. I remember when the show was rebooted in 2003. Went from a very questionable "children's show" to a flat-out gross adult program.

I never liked Ren and Stimpy. Found it too disturbing. Ironically the only few times I remember watching Ren And Stimpy was when my father was watching it. Usually early in the morning. Also, despite being a huge Nickleodeon fan as a kid... I don't remember it being on the channel very often. At least from the mid-90s on.
It came on in a time slot on Sundays.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟106,570.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It’s was just getting gross and extremely violent. I have no idea what it’s like now.
Yes, a lot of these shows have become more violent. I do not want to know what Cartoon Network has become now. It seems that media in general has been taking a huge nosedive.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, a lot of these shows have become more violent. I do not want to know what Cartoon Network has become now. It seems that media in general has been taking a huge nosedive.
It certainly has. Biggest form of grooming there is. And then we wonder why society is the way it is.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟106,570.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It certainly has. Biggest form of grooming there is. And then we wonder why society is the way it is.
Sadly, there is nothing you or I could do about it, except watch old shows on DVD and keep our children (no kids here) away from violent or dirty worldly entertainment.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I'm a little older than you.

I watched some of those above cartoons. Although by the time those cartoons came out... I was kind of outgrowing children's programming.

Also don't want to forget the PBS show Arthur. Remember that premiering in 1996. Believe the show recently retired only a few years ago.
Yes! I remember Arthur! Great show, that brings back a lot of memories :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟106,570.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes! I remember Arthur! Great show, that brings back a lot of memories :)
Ooh, a classic, same with Cyberchase. PBS had some good hand-drawn stuff in the 2000s, no CGI (computer animated shows).

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Ooh, a classic, same with Cyberchase. PBS had some good hand-drawn stuff in the 2000s, no CGI (computer animated shows).
Yes! It came out when I was in elementary school! That feels like a lifetime ago.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,169,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Cyberchase? Is that the cartoon where Gilbert Gottfried once again plays a talking bird?

You definitely heard his voice sprinkled around a lot of children programming back in the day.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.