WI
✟106,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I was growing up, I hated Avatar! I forgot to mention Tom and Jerry! I am an avid cat lover!
I actually hated Avatar also when it was on cable/satellite TV, as the plot was too deep for a 10 year old, especially with those Lego Ninjago and hydrophobic sand commercials interspersed in the 30 minute timeslot which broke up the plot. But, as a 22-23 year old, I watched Avatar on streaming for the first time, and the show really reflected what is going on with the world (fighting and wars).

Yeah, Tom & Jerry is a classic. There was a movie made in the 1990s also, which I do not remember watching, but maybe I did, back in the early 2010s.
1713669129710.jpeg

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I actually hated Avatar also when it was on cable/satellite TV, as the plot was too deep for a 10 year old, especially with those Lego Ninjago and hydrophobic sand commercials interspersed in the 30 minute timeslot which broke up the plot. But, as a 22-23 year old, I watched Avatar on streaming for the first time, and the show really reflected what is going on with the world (fighting and wars).

Yeah, Tom & Jerry is a classic. There was a movie made in the 1990s also, which I do not remember watching, but maybe I did, back in the early 2010s.
View attachment 346303
I do not recall if I ever saw the movie or not. I think I may have a false memory.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟106,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do not recall if I ever saw the movie or not. I think I may have a false memory.
That happens, because the 2000s had a lot of reruns of stuff from the 20th century.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟106,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's true. I watched too much TV back in the 2000s ;)
Same here, though not too much. My parents had Dish Network from 2009-2012, before the prices blew sky high and we switched to Netflix and kept over-the-air (OTA) television via set-top box at our old house. Now we have Roku. Anyways, I will let this thread get back on track. God bless, Riley.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟106,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,169,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Recess, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Dexter's Labatory, Powerpuff Girls and SpongeBob were some of my favorite cartoons growing up as a kid. Most of my favorite adult animated cartoons originated or had its heyday in the 90s too. Not to mention the Disney renaissance that largely occurred during that decade. You also have the start of Pixar films.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Recess, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Dexter's Labatory, Powerpuff Girls and SpongeBob were some of my favorite cartoons growing up as a kid. Most of my favorite adult animated cartoons originated or had its heyday in the 90s too. Not to mention the Disney renaissance that largely occurred during that decade. You also have the start of Pixar films.
Sounds like we had the same childhood!

Also on CN:
The Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy
Foster Homes for Imaginary Friends
Camp Lazlo

But I think I'm a bit younger than you, so you may or may not have watched them.

:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.