Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I do not drive cos of my ADHD/executive functioning disorder, so we are almost the same, though minivans are not that cool in my opinion.
I only like minivans because they remind me of my early childhood. That's all. As my brothers got older, my family got different cars.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟107,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I only like minivans because they remind me of my early childhood. That's all. As my brothers got older, my family got different cars.
Yeah, that is understandable. I like hatchbacks, cos my mom had a Ford Focus 2002 ZX-5 in the 2000s. Now she has a VW Jetta station wagon, and before that, she drove a VW Jetta sedan.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, that is understandable. I like hatchbacks, cos my mom had a Ford Focus 2002 ZX-5 in the 2000s. Now she has a VW Jetta station wagon, and before that, she drove a VW Jetta sedan.
Ford focus! I wonder what happened to my mother's ford focus! I haven't thought about that in years. ! :D

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟107,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ford focus! I wonder what happened to my mother's ford focus! I haven't thought about that in years. ! :D
I guess we just time traveled to 2006 for a bit. :) Shame the build quality on Ford is not as good as Toyota.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I guess we just time traveled to 2006 for a bit. :) Shame the build quality on Ford is not as good as Toyota.
2006 feels like yesterday. We have a red traverse back then :) Before that a red minivan, and then a gray minivan which was the memory of my very first car. :)

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟253,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Amen to that, you actually use your truck for hauling stuff*. In my city, it seems that 90% of the trucks here are >$80,000 new model year GMCs, Ford F-150s or Rivian ones that have shiny hitches (haven't been used for hauling) or no pile of stuff sticking out of the bed. So, thank you for being part of the small percentage of truck owner that use their trucks as a tool. :)

*Direct quote from The Drive (article link: You Don't Need A Full-Size Pickup Truck, You Need a Cowboy Costume): "According to Edwards’ data, 75 percent of truck owners use their truck for towing one time a year or less (meaning, never). Nearly 70 percent of truck owners go off-road one time a year or less. And a full 35 percent of truck owners use their truck for hauling—putting something in the bed, its ostensible raison d’être—once a year or less."
-

I have hauled in the bed quite a few things, mostly wood from lumber stores and saw mills. But dirt has been hauled a few times and rocks, etc.
In the south most trucks are working trucks, but there are some people who like to just have a truck as their vehicle to drive.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟107,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
-

I have hauled in the bed quite a few things, mostly wood from lumber stores and saw mills. But dirt has been hauled a few times and rocks, etc.
In the south most trucks are working trucks, but there are some people who like to just have a truck as their vehicle to drive.
That is good. In the north, trucks are a status symbol. :)

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟253,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
That is good. In the north, trucks are a status symbol. :)
-
i will add one note, when i say in the south i am talking about basically the state I am in. But i would guess in more rural areas in other states a truck is used the same way as in Ms. I say just my state because Ms is a rural state, with only one large city, which is in bad shape and people are moving out.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟107,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
-
i will add one note, when i say in the south i am talking about basically the state I am in. But i would guess in more rural areas in other states a truck is used the same way as in Ms. I say just my state because Ms is a rural state, with only one large city, which is in bad shape and people are moving out.
Yeah, I am in a more urban city, a few hundred thousand people. Anyways, we can let others post their favorite vehicles. :)

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've never driven but I'll have to. For everyday I like Range Rover. My co-worker had a Land Rover and used to take me home and I loved the ride. She had an Escalade too but I preferred the other more. There's enough room for passengers or pets. We're getting dogs and they're large. They have to be accommodated. I like a roomy cargo area. We buy in bulk frequently and the fold down row provides extra room when required.

My second favorite is a Bentayga. It was love at first sight. I like the longer wheelbase on the Azure model. That's for weekends. Jaunts in the countryside and leisurely drives. No pets or passengers save one beside me if I'm at the wheel.

There's a special edition Range Rover that's gorgeous if you have a driver. I prefer the backseat and always have for years. My mother would joke and say I'm not driving Miss Daisy and my aunt made similar comments. When they try to get me to sit beside them I have daughter do it. It's more relaxing in the back.

~bella

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟107,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've never driven but I'll have to. For everyday I like Range Rover. My co-worker had a Land Rover and used to take me home and I loved the ride. She had an Escalade too but I preferred the other more. There's enough room for passengers or pets. We're getting dogs and they're large. They have to be accommodated. I like a roomy cargo area. We buy in bulk frequently and the fold down row provides extra room when required.

My second favorite is a Bentayga. It was love at first sight. I like the longer wheelbase on the Azure model. That's for weekends. Jaunts in the countryside and leisurely drives. No pets or passengers save one beside me if I'm at the wheel.

There's a special edition Range Rover that's gorgeous if you have a driver. I prefer the backseat and always have for years. My mother would joke and say I'm not driving Miss Daisy and my aunt made similar comments. When they try to get me to sit beside them I have daughter do it. It's more relaxing in the back.

~bella
Range Rovers are awesome. My dad's brother has a Land rover from the 1980s (not the Range Rover), but the vehicle brands are both reliable. I am not sure about the newer model ones. The Grand Tour did a special with a Bentley, but not the Bentayga model. It made me kinda sad why Jeremy Clarkson trashed an expensive car.

1713725205393.png

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Range Rovers are awesome. My dad's brother has a Land rover from the 1980s (not the Range Rover), but the vehicle brands are both reliable. I am not sure about the newer model ones. The Grand Tour did a special with a Bentley, but not the Bentayga model. It made me kinda sad why Jeremy Clarkson trashed an expensive car.

It's probably a write off. ;-)

The Bentayga gives you the best of both worlds. The comfort of a Bentley with the ruggedness you'd get from an SUV. The Azure line amplifies comfort with some interesting features that accommodate longer rides and lumbar support.

One of the reasons I like SUVs beyond the obvious is for modesty's sake. They're easier to enter and exit in heels. That's the downside of sports cars. You have to practice getting out lest you show too much. If you're wearing pants it isn't an issue but I prefer dresses and skirts.

~bella

• Informative
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟107,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's probably a write off. ;-)

The Bentayga gives you the best of both worlds. The comfort of a Bentley with the ruggedness you'd get from an SUV. The Azure line amplifies comfort with some interesting features that accommodate longer rides and lumbar support.

One of the reasons I like SUVs beyond the obvious is for modesty's sake. They're easier to enter and exit in heels. That's the downside of sports cars. You have to practice getting out lest you show too much. If you're wearing pants it isn't an issue but I prefer dresses and skirts.

~bella
Cool. I am a guy, so I do not wear skirts. :) But yeah, Bentley's are cool cars.

Upvote 0