Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All went pretty well with my sister at her appointment today. Still very touch and go but she has returned to her belief in God. The problem is her auditory hallucinations at this moment and the constant medication adjustments. On a sweeter note, she got remarried to her husband Monday. She insisted on divorce in her last episode with psychosis. The doctor was very pleased they did that. Most people are not so lucky.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes we all like to chew on them :)
Mine don’t chew on them. But I only get certain plants that are not so attractive to them unless it’s catnip. I also scan for things that are poisonous to animals.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟108,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's an honest admission and understandable when there's a lot of years ahead. I have similar thoughts and don't embrace the let's die and go to heaven bandwagon. I have too much to live for and a lot more to do. I hope you'll find peace in the midst of the uncertainty and make the most of each day. No one knows the hour. Do you all you can to enjoy the moments and entrust the rest to the Lord and His keeping.

~bella
I also wish that the score for what evil has been done on mass scale could be settled prior to the end.

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟50,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Hey, hey, HEY: Did you see that, guys? Plutomania is a thing."

"Uh, boss..."

"It's about time I got some respect."

"Uh, boss..."

"Shhh. He's not going to like it."

"Not going to like what?"

"Uh, boss: plutomania is about getting rich."

"You mean it's about money?"

"Uh, yes, boss."

"Close enough."

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟50,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, the above is what was on my mind a moment ago (and thanks for the inspiration; it was a mood boost). What's been on my mind all day is going ahead and retiring. I wanted to hold out a few more years, but I'm tired. Things at work are worse and I don't see them improving. Part of it is very likely the fact I'm not a young man anymore. If only the prospect didn't scare me.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

plutomania​

Also found in: Medical, Wikipedia.

plutomania

1. an abnormal craving for wealth.
2. a mania characterized by delusions of wealth.
See also: Money

The root cause of plutomania, cupidity and gluttony is thinking of oneself in isolation from others or as member of elite peer groups that define what we should want. Please remember we are members of larger communities with many kinds of people, on whom we depend and who depend on us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟656,526.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
All went pretty well with my sister at her appointment today. Still very touch and go but she has returned to her belief in God. The problem is her auditory hallucinations at this moment and the constant medication adjustments. On a sweeter note, she got remarried to her husband Monday. She insisted on divorce in her last episode with psychosis. The doctor was very pleased they did that. Most people are not so lucky.
Wow, just wow.

Fantastic.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Look at how blue the sky is here today. Almost a cornflower blue.
IMG_3062.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0