United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Cats are very loyal :)
Yes they are. I’ve had them all my life and have worked with an animal rescue here. He finally gave me a break when I put him in our bed. Cleaning the pantry while I have the chance now! Lol

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,513,070.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I was at a parishioner's house yesterday for a bit, and their cat came and curled up on my lap. I joked that I had established a very important pastoral relationship, and I would need to visit often to maintain it...

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was at a parishioner's house yesterday for a bit, and their cat came and curled up on my lap. I joked that I had established a very important pastoral relationship, and I would need to visit often to maintain it...
That’s cute! And of course, you must! :joycat:

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don’t know… maybe it’s me because of the issues with my sister but I do notice a higher concentration of conspiracy theorists these days along with some believers seeing Satan around every corner, etc. Is it just me or is anyone else noticing it too? :scratch:

• Agree
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟309,701.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well the CT's of the last few years are continually being proven right especially regarding the pandemic, however we are seeing a surge in an anything goes attitude where universal truth is no longer the foundation of civilization but fragmented into everyone's truths. Satan means adversarial to the will of God so that means the rebellion is increasing. This renowned anthropologist sums it up quite nicely as history once again repeats itself..

Upvote 0

Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟102,776.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
I don’t know… maybe it’s me because of the issues with my sister but I do notice a higher concentration of conspiracy theorists these days along with some believers seeing Satan around every corner, etc. Is it just me or is anyone else noticing it too? :scratch:
Yes, I have seen it. Older believers I've respected a lot in the past now are spouting a lot of conspiracies, celebrity gossip/ obsession, etc... it just seems wrapped up in Qanon stuff. They've seemed to replace the Bible for just culture war things that tickle their ears and are afraid of everything while also cheering on the death of people they don't agree with. Maybe it's just that social media is very persuasive and can be convincing without any fact or groundings in in reality. Some people just watch Youtube videos from quacks and believe it to be true. If your faith isn't solid or in any kind of way sincere, you are going to get caught up in worldly nonsense. It's a bad look.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I have seen it. Older believers I've respected a lot in the past now are spouting a lot of conspiracies, celebrity gossip , etc... it just seems wrapped up in Qanon stuff. They've seemed to replace the Bible for just culture war things that tickle their ears and are afraid of everything while also cheering on the death of people they don't agree with. Maybe it's just that social media is very persuasive and can be convincing without any fact or groundings in in reality.
I think social media does have a lot to do with it. It’s all about heading for the hills, conspiracy topics such as Illuminati, etc. it’s disappointing to see a lot of people in society fall for this blather. Let alone Christians. It just seems to be spreading in epidemic proportions. Makes you feel like you are living amongst the lunatic fringe.

• Agree
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,513,070.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It just seems to be spreading in epidemic proportions. Makes you feel like you are living amongst the lunatic fringe.
Unfortunately, social media has given every nutcase an easy way to spread their nuttery. And many people start with something only slightly off-kilter and quickly get sucked in.

I think we, as a church, ought to be paying a lot of attention to what's involved in de-radicalisation, because that's effectively what some of our work is going to amount to, in coming years and decades.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Unfortunately, social media has given every nutcase an easy way to spread their nuttery. And many people start with something only slightly off-kilter and quickly get sucked in.

I think we, as a church, ought to be paying a lot of attention to what's involved in de-radicalisation, because that's effectively what some of our work is going to amount to, in coming years and decades.
I’ve seen the effect it has has on my sister. People that are struggling should stay away from it. I really feel that those that spread these sort of things on the internet and elsewhere will answer for it. It is not healthy. My sister was a huge follower of David Icke and others. I remember talking about the royals in the UK being Lizard people, sexual abuse of children, etc., it devoured her. It’s evil imo.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟876,480.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Paid property taxes for the year. Highway robbery imo.
Yep. Most of the year I live under the delusion that I own my home. Then comes that time of year when I'm reminded, nope, you're just renting from your landlord, the county.

Property taxes are bizarre to me because every human needs shelter to live - a place to sleep, eat, etc. It's basically just a tax on living, being alive. Plus I have other property. Why don't they tax me for owning a refrigerator? Why don't they tax my guitar?

Sometimes I see homeless people on the street and think, maybe they've got the right idea, lol.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yep. Most of the year I live under the delusion that I own my home. Then comes that time of year when I'm reminded, nope, you're just renting from your landlord, the county.

Property taxes are bizarre to me because every human needs shelter to live - a place to sleep, eat, etc. It's basically just a tax on living, being alive. Plus I have other property. Why don't they tax me for owning a refrigerator? Why don't they tax my guitar?

Sometimes I see homeless people on the street and think, maybe they've got the right idea, lol.
Oh yeah. We own everything as well. Property taxes have risen here and it’s not cheap.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟309,701.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Why don't they tax me for owning a refrigerator? Why don't they tax my guitar?
You do realize the government filters all these posts and you've just contributed to their weekly think tank on taxation and given your blessing.

• Haha
Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Yes they are. I’ve had them all my life and have worked with an animal rescue here. He finally gave me a break when I put him in our bed. Cleaning the pantry while I have the chance now! Lol
I adore cats! Too bad I don't have any :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟54,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Everyone needs a companion, preferably non-human, in order to deal with humanity itself.
In this lifetime, and in the next,

the best companion for the sheep

is the shepherd of the sheep.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0