Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For sure. It is quite noticeable and solitary when there is no other life in the home except your own. Plants don't count as they have little personality to speak of. Perhaps that is why God got creative.
I love having my plants too. I have an indoor sunroom full of them. The critters and I often retreat there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,512,728.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Property taxes are bizarre to me because every human needs shelter to live - a place to sleep, eat, etc. It's basically just a tax on living, being alive. Plus I have other property. Why don't they tax me for owning a refrigerator? Why don't they tax my guitar?
I think it dates back to the time when land equalled crops, and owning land meant you had an income (as opposed, say, to the serfs who did the sharecropping but didn't own the land they worked). Probably not so practical these days!

Oh, I've just realised; I think I posted in this thread about my upcoming review etc etc and promised to let you know how it went. It was the week before last now, and I think it was mostly good; it was a bit confronting to see the panel reflect back to me what I had said about being overworked, and tell me that yes, I was doing too much, and I really needed to address that urgently. Which is easier said than done! But at least now I can go back to the parish with that strong recommendation behind me and say, see, some things really need to shift.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,731,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People that claim esoteric knowledge/hidden knowledge and practices… delusional? Claiming to know things only a hidden few know? Seems there is no way for empirical proof which feeds the monster.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,731,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You might find this interesting as there definitely was a chance to study hidden knowledge but it was cut short. A good watch from renowned Dr Tabor which leaves you to decide who stopped the disclosure, God or the Adversary.

My understanding is while he is intelligent, he is a bit of a fringe type of guy. Intelligence does not equal immunity from being wrong. His partnership with Simcha Jacobovici gives me extreme pause as well. (Naked Archaeologist). Tabor is also a major proponent of the idea that Jesus had a wife and son. Sooo, not really someone I feel comfortable with. But thanks anyway.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟108,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm concerned about the end happening in the immediate future of my lifetime, and I'm at a stage where I'm still somewhat "fresh" at life and haven't lived the kind of life I thought I'd have ahead of me. I know other Christians say they look forward to the end because of getting to see their Lord, but I feel like I and others of my cohort will involuntarily be snuffed out prematurely, if you understand that.

• Prayers
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm concerned about the end happening in the immediate future of my lifetime, and I'm at a stage where I'm still somewhat "fresh" at life and haven't lived the kind of life I thought I'd have ahead of me. I know other Christians say they look forward to the end because of getting to see their Lord, but I feel like I and others of my cohort will involuntarily be snuffed out prematurely, if you understand that.

That's an honest admission and understandable when there's a lot of years ahead. I have similar thoughts and don't embrace the let's die and go to heaven bandwagon. I have too much to live for and a lot more to do. I hope you'll find peace in the midst of the uncertainty and make the most of each day. No one knows the hour. Do you all you can to enjoy the moments and entrust the rest to the Lord and His keeping.

~bella

Upvote 0