Texas
✟82,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
chrisRDBA, there are things in the bible that I don't fully understand like the Trinity, but I accept them. For many years I was confused about the meaning of "believe in Jesus" until I earnestly searched the scriptures while looking to God to show me the truth about the matter of "believing." I found my answer while reading the Gospel of John, and I want to explain what the Holy Spirit showed me by summing it up in a few short sentences as follows:
To believe in Jesus means to believe Jesus when he said in John 3:3 "......, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
To beleive in Jesus means to believe Jesus when he said in John 14:6 "... I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
To believe in Jesus means to believe him when just before he died, he said in John 19:30, "it is finished."
To believe in Jesus means to believe him when he said in John 6:37, "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."

Believe Him and leave that which you do not understand up to God.

Do you believe Him?

Regards,
John

Reactions: Daniel Marsh
Upvote 0

Sharon Hayes

BigRoost
Jun 13, 2015
✟9,478.00
Faith
Christian
When you read the Bible, concentrate on the New Testament, and start with the Gospel of John and read this gospel three times before moving on.

That said, there is something you must understand. Jesus tells us God is a spirit, so His word is spiritual which means the Bible is not a book for academic learning. It is spiritual, supernatural, holy and God-given, which is why the carnal mind has trouble grasping it. Pray for understanding and read the gospels.

• Agree
Reactions: ldonjohn
Upvote 0