stumpsitting101

Dec 30, 2002
Ala.
Visit site
✟775.00
Faith
Protestant
Hi All:
I retired this past August, and now for the life of me don't know when I had time to hold a regular job.
One thing for sure, time doesn't wait upon no one.

An old Saying:
"Our Lord is never late, nor is He early, He is always on time."

Cherish each moment as if it were your last.
Blessings
Ken

Upvote 0

aaron

Prayer Warrior
Nov 3, 2002
✟17,070.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by stumpsitting101
An old Saying:
"Our Lord is never late, nor is He early, He is always on time."

That is like what Gandolf said on LotR.

Also to try and answer the original question, What is time?

Time it self exists but without any fixed measurement. It is just there. The measurement of time is a fabrication of the mind. If man was to change how time was measured it would make no difference. I am not sure there is anything more to say about it. So basically time exists without any true existance.

Aaron

Upvote 0

auswiq

Jan 11, 2003
Visit site
✟251.00
time is concomitant with motion. Man derived the concept initially from the regular cyclical process of the seasons; heavenly bodies, et al and since the early civilizations, which were based on the seasonal regularity of agriculture, mankind has structured and harnessed life and livlihood, to the 'tyrrany of the clock. Come to think of it, there was no clock nailed to a tree in the Garden of Eden. I imagine (though of course I stick to scripture for all truth) that the realm of God is an Nth dimensional hyperspace where past present and future as we perceive, are folded into one and the same.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Perhaps I cannot tell you what time is, but I can tell you what time it is. It is high time that Christians had a place like this to explore a deeper fellowship with God and with one another and to focus on Jesus and what He has called us to do.

There is a fellowship forum where people congregate to "fellowship" in the sense communication, but that is not the intimate communion found among the saints, that they have with one another through the power of the Holy Spirit and with thier Saviour. That kind of fellowship is very close and limited to the children of the Living God!

Yes, it is time we tasted and enjoyed that fellowship, and the deeper things of God! Glory to God!

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Originally posted by Gerry
Perhaps I cannot tell you what time is, but I can tell you what time it is. It is high time that Christians had a place like this to explore a deeper fellowship with God and with one another and to focus on Jesus and what He has called us to do.

There is a fellowship forum where people congregate to "fellowship" in the sense of communication, but that is not the intimate communion found among the saints, that they have with one another through the power of the Holy Spirit and with thier Saviour. That kind of fellowship is very close and limited to the children of the Living God!

Yes, it is time we tasted and enjoyed that fellowship, and the deeper things of God! Glory to God!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Ecclesiastes 3:1

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

Happy Birthday Gerry!!

[move]:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: [/move]

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Thanks Stormy! I appreciate both your post AND your birthday greeting! lol, I had no idea when I listed it that it would be posted and placed on all my postings for the day! I never was one to make a fuss about my birthday. But I do celebrate the one coming April 30th! That is the birthday that means most. My Spiritual birthday! Thanks again Stormy.

Upvote 0