Anyone has any logical problems with the Chosen? I do.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟108,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah exactly. I'm a little untrusting of Mormon companies producing Christian films and movies, especially since they have huge corporations full of greed and I'm sure some form of agenda in 'Christian' media.

If the production company is Mormon their philosophies hold true. The degree they're implemented is another matter. Agendas can be debated but the fact remains you need people in the right positions to get things done. Topics that have the greatest influence on the population (movies, sports, fashion and music) are the least likely to have a Christian presence.

Digital media is the best venue for music and film if you want authenticity. But they'd need to figure out how they'd fund it (probably subscriptions) and acquire enough supporters to keep things afloat. It can be done but you'd need someone equally creative with business savvy or a partnership. And if it succeeds acquisition is usually a threat.

~bella

Upvote 0

jacob.austin

WE NEED GREAT CHRISTIAN ANIMATION AGAIN!
Apr 9, 2024
Pacific Northwest
✟2,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If the production company is Mormon their philosophies hold true. The degree they're implemented is another matter. Agendas can be debated but the fact remains you need people in the right positions to get things done. Topics that have the greatest influence on the population (movies, sports, fashion and music) are the least likely to have a Christian presence.

Digital media is the best venue for music and film if you want authenticity. But they'd need to figure out how they'd fund it (probably subscriptions) and acquire enough supporters to keep things afloat. It can be done but you'd need someone equally creative with business savvy or a partnership. And if it succeeds acquisition is usually a threat.

~bella
Very true!

Upvote 0

jacob.austin

WE NEED GREAT CHRISTIAN ANIMATION AGAIN!
Apr 9, 2024
Pacific Northwest
✟2,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

You say you want a revolution? **cough**
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,141,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Look, I understand you have to add dialogue and take a few creative liberties, but altering events that happened in the Gospels is especially wrong, and its happened a few times. One of the episodes that particularly stuck out to me was when Jesus was talking to the crowd (before Rayma, if I'm spelling that right, died) he talked about how Pharisees clean plates for keeping clean and him basically telling them off. But, that's not how it happened in the Gospels. I forgot where it is, but it says that Jesus was sharing dinner with them. Not preaching to them in a crowd! (Even though he's done that in the past.) I just don't feel comfortable about watching it anymore. Especially with the actor of Jesus being kind of crazy. (Doing a documentry about himself and sponsoring the Hallow app.)
Anyway. I just wanted to know some of the community's thoughts on this. Thanks!

As for myself, I have no problem with The Chosen. I enjoy watching it for what it is and only what it is: a dramatic series. And I will continue to do so.

Upvote 0