South-Africa

mrversatile48

Jan 19, 2004
Merseyside
✟2,810.00
Faith
Christian
Any S Africans going to "EU Capital of Culture, 2008" - Beatles city, Liverpool?

If so, go to Waterloo Station, turn right @ exit, go @ 150 metres downhill - (@ halfway to the main road you see @ the end)

On the right, Sean helps in the Christian Bookshop run by Waterloo Elim, with many 2nd-hand books @ £1

On the left, Louise part-owns "The Coffee Room" - a great cafe, run by 4/5 great girls, with great food really cheap - several dishes @ £2.25, £2.50, £2.80, £3 - a fraction of many others, & better quality & nicer ambience!

Both are @ mid-20s & typical warm, friendly Capetowners

Pray for Louise - (looking for a small flat nearby)

Enjoy!

Ian

Upvote 0

Tini

Live in God's Community
Aug 21, 2002
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Visit site
✟28,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ruth T -Welcome Sister. Great to have you on board. Even today when a South african won an Oscar.

There are a number of great Sefricans on the forum. Keep an eye open for them, they pop up all over!

Which is your home base church?

Cheers
Tini:hug: :hug:

Upvote 0

Philippe2

Veteran
Mar 9, 2004
Durban;South Africa
✟9,070.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It warms my heart to see so many South Africans on this site. I am a missionary and will tell my friends about this site. :clap:

Is julle ouens Afrikaans of Engels. Ek praat die meeste van die tyd Engels by die werk maar sukkel kwaai met die spelling. Ek is 'n sendeling hier in die gramadoelas van Zululand onder die Zoeloes, maar doen ook uitreike na ander dele van die land.

:priest: Ons het hier op die sending 'n prediknte konferensie op die 22 Maart 2004 en pastoor David Wilkerson van Times Square Church in New York sal ook van die dienste neem. Miskien onthou julle van sy boek wat later 'n film geword het, "The Cross and the Switchblade'. Hy is die een wat Nicky Cruz die bekende bende figuur na die Here toe gelei het. Nicky het ook die boek "Run Baby, Run" geskryf. Julle is welkom om my te kontak vir meer besonderhede.

Seenwese
Phil

Reactions: Tini
Upvote 0

Tini

Live in God's Community
Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
✟28,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welkom Phil.

Ek is engels, met n boertjie vrou!:D

Its great that we have a little SA community on the forum, and anyone is welcome to join us to!:clap:

Where about in Zuluiland do you ive? I used to travel fairly extensively to Kwambonambi and Matubatuba as I was involved in forestry.

Our pastor in Melville, Joburg has some good friends who planted a church in Matuba a few months ago. They visit regularly.

Cheers & god Bless
PS - Dont worry about spelllllign

Tini

Upvote 0

Philippe2

Veteran
Mar 9, 2004
Durban;South Africa
✟9,070.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hi Tini,
I live on a mission close to Kranskop. Kranskop is exactly halfway between Stanger and Greytown. The mission is called KwaSiza Bantu. It started of as a mission for the Zulu nation, but God blessed the work here in such a way that it is international today. We have branches in Romania, Switzerland, Germany, France, Netherlands and all over South Africa.

On average we have about 1300 people staying here on a daily basis. During July and December we have youth conferences and then we have anything from 6 to 7000 youths runing all over the place.

You should come and visit some time. There is more than enough place here and you can bring as many friends as you want. Just let us know in advance so we can get the place ready.

I hope to hear from you in the near future.
God Bless
Phil

Upvote 0

Tini

Live in God's Community
Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
✟28,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know Sizabantu well. I've been there fairly often. Attended Erlo's children's wedding there a number of years back.

In actual fact, my step mom is also a Stegen.

I grew up in Greytown and was saved at Shushu on a youth camp.

Amazing hey!:bow: :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Philippe2

Veteran
Mar 9, 2004
Durban;South Africa
✟9,070.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
That is great! I got saved here as well. Grew up in the Western Cape and was an alcoholic before I was finished with High School. The Lord took me through some weird things and finaly brought me here where I met with Him.

You know the Bible says that those that were forgiven more will love God more. It is true my friend, the more I bring my sins into the light and experience His forgiveness the more I love Him.

If you come around make sure to look me up. I do use my real name, although most call me Flipie.
God Bless
Phil

Upvote 0

Philippe2

Veteran
Mar 9, 2004
Durban;South Africa
✟9,070.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You know what kind of testimony really touches my heart? It where someone has met with the Lord as a young child and has stayed faithfull to Him all these years. These people are precious to me, although they are scarce(skaars in Afrikaans. Al weer spel probleme!).
I praise God for these people. You know the Christian walk is not always easy, but I find incouragement from these people and also from Paul. He wrote in Acts 20 that he also went through trial with many tears. We also know all the things that happened to him, because of his faith.
Anyway, genoeg vir nou. Tot later!
Phil

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Philippe2

Veteran
Mar 9, 2004
Durban;South Africa
✟9,070.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hi Tini
It is good when one knows that the Lord is trying to tell you something. Like I said rather know that your heart is wrong today, than hear it on judgement day. I am not aming this at you. How can I ? I hardly know you. I must admit it is a verse that keeps me on my toes as well. You will find it in Mat 7:21-23.
If the Lord is showing you something it is because he cares and loves you. May you always come closer to him.
God Bless
Phil

Upvote 0

Tini

Live in God's Community
Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
✟28,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good morning South Africa (and all the others:wave: )!!! It has been great to et rain the last few days.

Flippie
I see you've discovered how to get blessings (others bless you and you can send the blessing on - and you also get a blessing for every post). And reputation - others give you reputation by clicking on the icon on your header.

You're doing pretty well now.
Cheers

Upvote 0

Philippe2

Veteran
Mar 9, 2004
Durban;South Africa
✟9,070.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Ja Tini,
Lyk my erens het ek iets gese waarvan iemand gehou het. We have had our fair share of rain over these last few weeks. We have had sunny days since Friday and everywhere you walk it is still muddy. Not complaining, just wishing I could share with you.
Phil

Upvote 0