Aug 21, 2002
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Visit site
✟28,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome Rescuer. Good to chat to some fellow Sefricans. Also bumped into altya on some other threads.
Howzit ICE!
Living in Joburg and fellowshiping in Melville - great city! great country! pity about the rugby at the moment!

Upvote 0

Rescuer

Oct 19, 2003
Cape Town
Visit site
✟202.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Man I dont even go there anymore. I watched the first match we played against England and sorry to say the writing was on the wall. To be honest I dont think they would hav deserved to win with all the controversial stuff that surrounded the team leading up to the world cup. One does not know what the truth in the locker rooms ! Anyway maby next time we would have our issues sorted out and have a reasonable change at winning - if you dont have unity you dont have a chance :)

I will be going up to Joburg on the 8th, I am starting a new job and will be doing training there for a week. I must say I prefer Cape Town to Johannesburg but I dont like comparing the cities they are worlds apart.

God Bless !

Upvote 0

Tini

Live in God's Community
Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
✟28,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well if you're looking for a place to fellowship on Sunday morning,we've got a great church in Melville:
www.melvillejunction.net
We also meet Wed evening for homegroup and Thursdat eve for prayer. Feel free to join.

Upvote 0

a'miepje

May 7, 2002
The Netherlands
Visit site
✟15,596.00
Faith
Christian
ICE said:
Hi A'Miepje!

Glad you enjoyed South-Africa!!

You'll have to go back and visit Table Mountain. The best sunsets and thegolden beaches of CapeTown.

OH!! I'l remember that!! I love sunsets!! Saw some amazing ones in Mozambique as well!! God is such a beautiful creator :D

My father wanted to take me to see Blight River Canion (is that what its called?) but we were to busy ministering and so didnt had time...... oh well next time eh! :cool:

Reactions: Tini
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tini

Live in God's Community
Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
✟28,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ICE said:
Hi Tini!

We'll have to get all the South-Africans on CF to visit the SA side! ;)
BTW. Thanx for the link to your church!!
Agree on getting a Sefrican subculture going! Kom manne - come join - the water's lovely:sorry: (dont you think this smiley looks a ot like Naas Botha???:sorry: ).

Glad you enjoyed the website. It's a small church plant - been going for just over a year - and a lot of arty/muso typs there (I'm definitely one of the odd ones out - not arty - not a muso!)

Upvote 0

Hez

Missions Baby!
Nov 3, 2003
California
Visit site
✟7,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I went to SA on a mission trip this summer, and I loved it. It's such a beautiful country, and the people are really nice. I was there for a little over 3 weeks, outside of Escourt. The church we were kinda working with in Midlands Christian Centre, they were really nice too. Most of the time we were in Zulu schools out in the middle of no where, but it was a blast spending time with the kids. We had a lot of question time, and some of the questions the kids asked were things I know I never would have really thought about. We had a lot of questions about God, like where does He live, what does He eat. A lot of the kids had been to some time of church, but most of the churches in that area would mix Jesus and ancestor worship, so we had a lot of questions about that. There are a lot of people in that area who are ready for the Truth, but there aren't enough workers...well ok, that's probably enough about SA, considering you live there. OK, have a Blessid Day!!!

In Christ's Love,
Heather

Reactions: Tini
Upvote 0

Tini

Live in God's Community
Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
✟28,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heather
Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. It is a beautiful country. Around Estcourt is also lovely being near the mountains and still pretty rural.
Hope to see you back here soon with some more of your friends and family.

Reactions: ICE
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tini

Live in God's Community
Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
✟28,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Irocc said:
I'm not from SA, but my country is someplace near there i.e Kenya :)
Heard quite alot bout SA and from all that, I reckon it's a nice place.
Blessings to ya'll African folks out there :priest:
:clap:
Welcom Irocc.

Good to have a fellow African on board. Hope to see you in South africa - or up in Kenya soon. Our church is heading up to Uganda in 2 weeks time for an outreach.

Cheers

Upvote 0

Tini

Live in God's Community
Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
✟28,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hez said:
I went to SA on a mission trip this summer, and I loved it. ... A lot of the kids had been to some time of church, but most of the churches in that area would mix Jesus and ancestor worship, so we had a lot of questions about that. There are a lot of people in that area who are ready for the Truth, but there aren't enough workers...

In Christ's Love,
Heather
Heather

Yes ancestral worship is big in the African culture. There is often a mixing of the two in quasi-christian worship. But I also agree the fields are white and ready for harvest. A wonderful country with wonderful opportunities to serve the Lord.

Hope to see you or others from your areas here again soon. Keep us posted.

Upvote 0