✟108,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
AI Has Already Become a Master of Lies And Deception, Scientists Warn

Many artificial intelligence (AI) systems are already skilled at deceiving and manipulating humans – and this could ‘spiral’ in future, experts have warned.
Yeah, I asked the AI (locally installed on my laptop) to write a fictional newspaper article, and it was so convincing. Imagine if a bunch of people began writing news articles with AI with prompts.

For instance, this is a snippet of the AI writing about a fictional secret service agent who likes the smell of burnt rubber, one of his quirks.

1715453659839.png

Nowadays, AI can even make deepfakes, or fake images.

[Article for ages 15+, due to deepfakes about war]: Fact check: AI fakes in Israel's war against Hamas – DW – 11/10/2023

• Informative
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟412,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nowadays, AI can even make deepfakes, or fake images.
Yes: using Al someone can make fake images.
The article I posted had nothing to do with Al fake images though.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟108,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes: using Al someone can make fake images.
The article I posted had nothing to do with Al fake images though.
True, but I am covering all bases though. AI can cheat in games, make fake words, fake images, and even fake videos that undermine the truth. In summary, AI can be quite dangerous, if not monitored by the populace.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟223,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
AI Has Already Become a Master of Lies And Deception, Scientists Warn
Once again, AI does what it's written to do. Feed it false stuff to work on, it spits false stuff out. The GIGO rule is as old as computing - Garbage In, Garbage Out. Nothing new there.
Many artificial intelligence (AI) systems are already skilled at deceiving and manipulating humans – and this could ‘spiral’ in future, experts have warned.
They do what they're designed and written to do. They have neither will nor desires. They're software, and software does as it's told.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟108,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Once again, AI does what it's written to do. Feed it false stuff to work on, it spits false stuff out. The GIGO rule is as old as computing - Garbage In, Garbage Out. Nothing new there.

They do what they're designed and written to do. They have neither will nor desires. They're software, and software does as it's told.
Agreed. Some guy on YT trained an AI on internet forum posts to show how AI can easily get swayed, and a bunch of toxic stuff came out. I will not post the video, but it is by a guy named Yannic Kilcher.

Upvote 0