PRIDE script (well some of it anyway :) )

FaithintheLord939

May 6, 2007
✟15,739.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm in a group called the PRIDE team, and our main goal is to turn teens away from drugs and underage sex, etc. Well, we did this dramatic play, and it turned out alright. I wrote the script, and I especially like the beginning, and hope you all do too!

(Mary starts out in a jail cell. Two people in separate cells are sleeping. Mary’s cell is in the middle. She slowly gets up when...)

Jail Cop: Everybody up! It’s Sunday mornin’ and the eggs are a-cookin’! Yeah, right, you wish! Here you go, nice yummy leftover oatmeal! Yummy yum yum! EAT UP! (Chuckles on is way out.)

O. Mary: (takes a bowl) Lumpy oatmeal…gross…it’s been 3 years that I’ve been in this jail cell and I haven’t had any decent food in forever, heck, I don’t even know what good food tastes like; not anymore...

Prisoner 1: You think you have it bad? I’ve been in here for 5 years! 5 years when I could’ve been with my kids; five years when I could have gotten a house! Instead I’m stuck in this dump. Stupid gang, stupid drugs! STUPID ME! I could’ve said no, but do you think I was that smart!? I didn’t have anyone to tell me about abstinence or drugs or gangs or ANYTHING LIKE THAT! (Kicks over bowl)

Prisoner 2: (eats oatmeal humbly; facing the other way) Anger solves nothing, nor does regret. I’ve learned that the hard way. I want to start anew, to go to church, to have a loving family. I want a second chance, but I will never get one; I’m in here for the rest of my life.

O. Mary: Even if I do get out of this mess, my memories will haunt me forever. Nothing can save me now, I have no future. I can still remember that one night when my troubles first started. I wasn’t born into a destiny of fate; I just made one stupid mistake. (Lies down).

(Lights fade, set changes to misty place. Mary “wakes” up on bench, notices her cell is gone and gets up.)

That's one part of it. I might post another good part soon. I know that the whole "lights fade" and things are not right, but I'm not very experienced in writing scripts...

Miradwash

Jan 3, 2007
Northeast Missouri
Visit site
✟7,654.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0