Why is evil people portrayed as intelligent?

Tjufsen

Feb 25, 2023
Kolbu
✟21,186.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I was thinking about Hitler, someone said he was smart. I think he was low in intelligence, more like 70 IQ, the reason is that he was evil. A smarter person has barrier from getting evil. Everyone that`s evil I`ve seen, has low intelligence. And I also seen people very driven like him, they all have low intelligence. They get driven because they`re miserable in society. He was mentally-ill a little also, damaged from society, a smart person would stay more normal and healthy. He was very interested in people, which also is an indicator of low intelligence. Nothing wrong with that, it`s just typical among people with low intelligence. He also was for drugs, he used alot from doctor, and he made his men use it also to get more endurance, a person with higher intelligence don`t like drugs. He was into art also, but he quit when he couldn`t make it, a person with higher intelligence, would have endured the set-backs, and finally made it. He was interested in politics also, which also is an indicator of low intelligence. There`s many reasons, I can go, and on. Strategically, he didn`t have imagination, a person with higher intelligence, would have had some fantasy to come up with strategies. He was okay with ending his own life also when he lost the war, a smarter person wouldn`t be able to kill himself, he`d want to live. Sexually, he was perverted I think, based on what people say, which also is an indicator of low intelligence. His mother died by a jewish doctor, she had breast-cancer, and the doctor did an experiemental treatment on her, which she died from. But a smarter person wouldn`t get angry like that, and blame jews for everything later on, maybe even pretending he was angry. And he felt no connection to smart people like jews, which reads, and educates themselves alot, and likes latin, so he was okay with killing them. Latin is often looked down at, because it`s smart.

Why is he portrayed as intelligent just because he was evil?

Last edited:

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,731,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was thinking about Hitler, someone said he was smart. I think he was low in intelligence, more like 70 IQ, the reason is that he was evil. A smarter person has barrier from getting evil. Everyone that`s evil I`ve seen, has low intelligence. And I also seen people very driven like him, they all have low intelligence. They get driven because they`re miserable in society. He was mentally-ill a little also, damaged from society, a smart person would stay more normal and healthy. He was very interested in people, which also is an indicator of low intelligence. Nothing wrong with that, it`s just typical among people with low intelligence. He also was for drugs, he used alot from doctor, and he made his men use it also to get more endurance, a person with higher intelligence don`t like drugs. He was into art also, but he quit when he couldn`t make it, a person with higher intelligence, would have endured the set-backs, and finally made it. He was interested in politics also, which also is an indicator of low intelligence. There`s many reasons, I can go, and on. Strategically, he didn`t have imagination, a person with higher intelligence, would have had some fantasy to come up with strategies. He was okay with ending his own life also when he lost the war, a smarter person wouldn`t be able to kill himself, he`d want to live. Sexually, he was perverted I think, based on what people say, which also is an indicator of low intelligence. His mother died by a jewish doctor, she had breast-cancer, and the doctor did an experiemental treatment on her, which she died from. But a smarter person wouldn`t get angry like that, and blame jews for everything later on, maybe even pretending he was angry. And he felt no connection to smart people like jews, which reads, and educates themselves alot, and likes latin, so he was okay with killing them. Latin is often looked down at, because it`s smart.

In entertainment it gives the villain more abilities to rule the world in the plot line. But I do not agree that those with lower IQ’s have more of an aptitude towards evil. Anymore than those with higher intelligence have a barrier towards evil or mental illness.

• Agree
Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

Tjufsen

Feb 25, 2023
Kolbu
✟21,186.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
In entertainment it gives the villain more abilities to rule the world in the plot line. But I do not agree that those with lower IQ’s have more of an aptitude towards evil. Anymore than those with higher intelligence have a barrier towards evil or mental illness.

Do you think Hitler was smart first, then lost IQ-points? Or always dumb, or smart?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,731,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you think Hitler was smart first, then lost IQ-points? Or always dumb, or smart?
Besides the major points, I do not know much about his intelligence as much as his poor character.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,169,206.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have a hard time believing someone who had so much influence on the world as he did had low intelligence. I've read estimates that put his IQ around 140. Some high-ranking Nazi officials captured after the war were actually administered IQ tests and they ranked around 120-130 if I recall correctly. Some of the more brutal concentration camp guards were said not to be the brightest bulbs, but those in administrative levels... sorry but that's going to weed out the less intelligent.

There have been some AI German to English audio translations of Hitler's speeches floating around YouTube. They're pretty uncomfortable... yet eye opening. From ears not accustomed to German... he might just sound like some crazy screaming man... but hearing him speak in English... he doesn't strike me as a dumb person, but an intelligent man who used his intelligence to craft a warped view of the world. Intelligent doesn't always mean correct.

Upvote 0

merseyferrier

Sep 21, 2006
Alabama
✟16,438.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Superior ability breeds superior ambition. The worst evils in human history were committed by educated men -- like Lenin and Goebbels -- whose intellectual abilities made them feel they knew more than most, including how to order society, and gave them a cold pride & contempt over the rest of us.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟375,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure Hitler had a higher than average IQ. But he also exhibited many symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Such persons have an unreasonably high sense of their importance. They believe they're superior to all others, and deserve admiration, respect, and deference. Quite a few people who rise to positions of power will display at least some traits of NPD. But when you combine intelligence with pathological narcissism, you're on the road to disaster. The DSM-5 has the discussion of NPD that's officially accepted by the psychiatric community, but it's behind a paywall. The Mayo Clinic link has much of the same info. The list of symptoms is spot-on:

Narcissistic personality disorder - Symptoms and causes.

I'll apologize in advance for going off-topic into politics. A current Presidential candidate could be the poster boy for NPD. When the DSM-6 comes out, a long description of NPD symptoms won't be necessary. The man's photo is all that's needed.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟435,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Superior ability breeds superior ambition. The worst evils in human history were committed by educated men -- like Lenin and Goebbels -- whose intellectual abilities made them feel they knew more than most, including how to order society, and gave them a cold pride & contempt over the rest of us.
Generally I agree smarter people are capable of doing more, including getting others to follow them. This can be for good or bad, depending on the persons inclination.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I think you're wrong except for a few:)

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟50,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a hard time believing someone who had so much influence on the world as he did had low intelligence. I've read estimates that put his IQ around 140. Some high-ranking Nazi officials captured after the war were actually administered IQ tests and they ranked around 120-130 if I recall correctly. Some of the more brutal concentration camp guards were said not to be the brightest bulbs, but those in administrative levels... sorry but that's going to weed out the less intelligent.

There have been some AI German to English audio translations of Hitler's speeches floating around YouTube. They're pretty uncomfortable... yet eye opening. From ears not accustomed to German... he might just sound like some crazy screaming man... but hearing him speak in English... he doesn't strike me as a dumb person, but an intelligent man who used his intelligence to craft a warped view of the world. Intelligent doesn't always mean correct.
There is a declassified OSS psychological profile of Hitler. I don't recall if it estimated his IQ, but it might have it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟656,226.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced

nm

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟876,027.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I don't believe there is any correlation between being smart and being good or bad. Intelligence and morality are unrelated. I'm sure the majority of smart people are decent people, but there have been serial killers with high IQs. There are other smart people who did horrible things, like Jeffery Epstein and Bernie Madoff. I'm sure the guys who ran Enron were smart. I also know there are plenty of not-so-smart persons who are fine people.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟7,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate

I do not think that intelligence corellates with... well, all those qualities you list. Being intelligent just means such things as: being able to learn, being able to make connections between concepts and that kind of thing. Intellectual ability does not automatically mean you are going to

1) have integrity
2) have a good imagination
3) not be perverted
4) stay away from drugs

Some of the most intelligent people are also very disturbed people and may be tempted therefore to use drugs... and I could go on and on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums