New Study Shows Puberty Blockers May Cause Permanent Harm

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,400.00
Faith
Pentecostal
You state that many people are still unhappy after a sex change; I am sure you are right. I believe that there are many more whose lives are greatly enhanced by inhabiting a body more in line with their inner selves. That aspect of the discussion is rarely mentioned
That's incorrect. There is no reliable evidence that many more have greatly enhanced lives by transgendering.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,400.00
Faith
Pentecostal
That is close to what I have said; it is a complex issue requiring professional judgments.

Many people have benefited from therapies. That is why I deprecate those here and elsewhere who oppose therapies on principle. The argument based on biological sex being fixed and immutable is irrelevant to the real issue - the successful treatment of individual suffering.
There is no evidence that medicalization on kids helps them. There us no evidence that medicalization of adults helps either. The therapy should be psychological not medical. Your UK has been instrumental in stopping this in regards to children.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟147,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
There is no fixing involved.
I know.
“It’s all in their heads.”
I agree.
But (at present) we cannot “fix” their heads.

Maybe after a few decades of doing what we can do, they’ll be able to cajigger the brain?
Who’s to say?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,400.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I know.
“It’s all in their heads.”
I agree.
But (at present) we cannot “fix” their heads.

Maybe after a few decades of doing what we can do, they’ll be able to cajigger the brain?
Who’s to say?
How do know we can't fix their heads? We are discovering kids "head problems" certainly can be worked through with therapy. There is no way to determine if a kid is really trans. That applies to adults as well. The clinician relies on the person telling them. It's taken on faith and in Anerica in far too many places it's affirmed without any therapy whatsoever. Autistic kids and kids with other mental health issues have been medicalized only to discover later they aren't really trans. That's what Europe has discovered as well as determining the medicalization of kids is actually harmful not helpful. But you wantcto keep doing it to them anyway. Why is that? Why are you so hell bent on harming kids like that?

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,400.00
Faith
Pentecostal
For those of you who are interested this is the kind of garbage that is happening to therapists who are questioning what is going on in the US and the rest if the world. Therapists are concerned about kids and the transitioning of children, but when they speak out about it they are punished for it which creates fear in other therapists who don't want to speak out because they are afraid to.

Meanwhile other countries have stopped doing what the US is doing.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟164,418.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
For those of you who are interested this is the kind of garbage that is happening to therapists who are questioning what is going on in the US and the rest if the world. Therapists are concerned about kids and the transitioning of children, but when they speak out about it they are punished for it which creates fear in other therapists who don't want to speak out because they are afraid to.

Meanwhile other countries have stopped doing what the US is doing.

You are jus spouting bog-standard anti-woke rhetoric there. The wicked woke terrifying the virtuous reactionaries.

Boring.

• Agree
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟206,949.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's common sense, when you try to change the course of nature you'll have side effects.
I alter the course of nature pretty frequently myself as I suffer from headaches of unknown etiology. I take tylenol, advil or excedrin semi-frequently.

I would love to think people research any medication (OTC or prescription) before they put them into their/their children's bodies, but I have worked in Pharmacy way too long to delude myself into believing that.

Then there are articles like this that like to imply only specific medications can have long-term side effects. Any chemical you put into your body can have long-term side effects and this is what should be taught, period.

Learn before you consume any medication! The potential benefits must outweigh the risks.

Just to name a few from my list of chemicals:

Tylenol can damage your liver
Aspirin can lead to ulcers or excessive bleeding
Advil same as aspirin
Caffeine can lead to neurologic alterations and/or addiction

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,400.00
Faith
Pentecostal
They are not being offered to children who are too young to understand. Here at least they are only offered to those young people whom the law accepts as responsible - over sixteens. In the UK a person can marry at sixteen, the age of consent.
The WPATH files have proven that these kid's DON'T understand the long term consequences of these treatments. And neither do the parents. Anymore than kids at 16 really understand what it means to be married. Just cause the law exists doesn't mean it's correct. You know this. The laws used to allow slavery, so the existence of a law doesn't provide that the law is correct.

Upvote 0

Adam56

Nov 4, 2023
Nashville
✟24,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They are not being offered to children who are too young to understand. Here at least they are only offered to those young people whom the law accepts as responsible - over sixteens. In the UK a person can marry at sixteen, the age of consent.
Consent to sexual activity is not the same as consent to puberty blockers.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,400.00
Faith
Pentecostal
You are jus spouting bog-standard anti-woke rhetoric there. The wicked woke terrifying the virtuous reactionaries.

Boring.
You didn't watch the video did you. These are actual therapists not a bunch of conservative pundits. In fact the two women hosting the show are not conservative in the least. They just treat children who are struggling with the gender issues.

Unfortunately for you the boring part is your ideology that doesn't allow for any dissent. An ideology that refuses to be challenged.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟164,418.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately for you the boring part is your ideology that doesn't allow for any dissent. An ideology that refuses to be challenged.
My ideology? What's that?

I have only suggested that therapy should be aimed at the reduction of suffering. It is the ideologues who are opposed in principle to these therapies.

(You can post anything on YouTube. I never watch these things.)

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟164,418.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Consent to sexual activity is not the same as consent to puberty blockers.
That is meaningless. There is an age of consent which assumes that people can take responsibility for themselves at that age.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Adam56

Nov 4, 2023
Nashville
✟24,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is meaningless. There is an age of consent which assumes that people can take responsibility for themselves at that age.
Wrong. The drinking age is different than the sex age, and for good reason. The puberty blockers age should also be higher.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,400.00
Faith
Pentecostal
My ideology? What's that?

I have only suggested that therapy should be aimed at the reduction of suffering. It is the ideologues who are opposed in principle to these therapies.

(You can post anything on YouTube. I never watch these things.)
You should. They are therapists who work with youth and gender. If you don't watch things like this you are not bring provided with good information and will form opinions based on improper and faulty I formation.

Your ideology of gender and the therapies that are being used.

If you are honestly interested in the reduction of suffering then you wouldn't be supporting the medicalization of youth. The ideologues are the ones who see transitioning the kids as the only therapy. That if a kid says they are trans then everyone must affirm that. You know, to reduce the suffering.

If you were not an ideologue in regards to this issue you would actually be paying attention to the findings in regards to the research and the systematic reviews. You would be paying close attention to therapists and endocrinologists who have been paying attention. You would be paying attention to the WPATH files. And you wouldn't be so quick to dismiss therapists like the ones on the video.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,400.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Wrong. The drinking age is different than the sex age, and for good reason. The puberty blockers age should also be higher.
Puberty blockers should be reserved for the issues they were created for. Not for sending kids down the path of full medicalization.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟147,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
No one without a valid medical reason (precocious puberty) should take hormone blockers because they should only be able to “decide” until they’re older “enough” (which for most human adults) is well after their period of puberty.

Some tautologies are not readily discernible, this isn’t one of those.

Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟147,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Puberty blockers should be reserved for the issues they were created for. Not for sending kids down the path of full medicalization.
Why are we suddenly afraid of “making mistakes” in the medical field?
In my mind it’s worse to have a treatment and withhold it than it would be to administer “treatment” that seems to be efficacious for a significant percentage of “sufferers”, but has drawbacks and ethical mineflieds.

The time of doing nothing more than hand them a mirror and a box of tissues, might come again, but it is not that time at present.

Upvote 0