New Study Shows Puberty Blockers May Cause Permanent Harm

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,268.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Why are we suddenly afraid of “making mistakes” in the medical field?
In my mind it’s worse to have a treatment and withhold it than it would be to administer “treatment” that seems to be efficacious for a significant percentage of “sufferers”, but has drawbacks and ethical mineflieds.

The time of doing nothing more than hand them a mirror and a box of tissues, might come again, but it is not that time at present.
I thought you just agreed that we shouldn't be giving these medicines to kids. Did you suddenly change your mind?

Secondly, the medical field knows the problems with these medicines. They also should know that there isn't any evidence that these medicines actually help the so called sufferers. So they are prescribing harmful medications that do nothing to actually help anyone. They are doing more harm than good. You might as well be describing opioids to kids for their mental health issue for all the good puberty blockers do and all the harm they cause.

And yes the present is the perfect time to stop medicalization and start therapy instead.

Upvote 0

Adam56

Nov 4, 2023
Nashville
✟24,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No one without a valid medical reason (precocious puberty) should take hormone blockers because they should only be able to “decide” until they’re older “enough” (which for most human adults) is well after their period of puberty.

Some tautologies are not readily discernible, this isn’t one of those.
No, that’s not what I said, don’t try to rephrase it.

If you are a minor, you’re not old enough to consent to hormone blockers. It has permanent effects and minors should not be consenting to something so irreversible. Tattoos can technically be reversed, just very difficult, and that age is 18. This at the bare minimum hormone blockers should have to wait until age 18.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟439,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Why are we suddenly afraid of “making mistakes” in the medical field?
In my mind it’s worse to have a treatment and withhold it than it would be to administer “treatment” that seems to be efficacious for a significant percentage of “sufferers”, but has drawbacks and ethical mineflieds.

The quality of studies showing this to be effective treatment are garbage.

That's not according to me....but the large scale meta-studies looking at all available research.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,268.00
Faith
Pentecostal
You are jus spouting bog-standard anti-woke rhetoric there. The wicked woke terrifying the virtuous reactionaries.

Boring.
Now you are just spouting leftist talking points because you don't really have a cogent argument. I said THERAPISTS are concerned and that why. THERAPISTS are working to make changes. That's not anti-woke rhetoric. By the way did you even watch the video? Those are actual therapists who work with kids dealing with gender issues. If not then it's obvious to me you are fearful of hearing the truth. They aren't some right wing anti-woke political podcasters. They are real therapists.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0