Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think that over the years those who have the nukes have realized that using them in the traditional way would only ruin any chance of gaining ground as it would be polluted for years to come. However I think I've heard somewhere recently that one of those that are threatening are not looking to detonate it in the air or on the ground. Instead they are using submarines to detonate and cause a tsunami that would initially wipe out millions of people that live on the coasts.

I would think to prepare for that would mean to be on higher ground, water proof your stashes etc.

Anyone else heard about this?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟658,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think that over the years those who have the nukes have realized that using them in the traditional way would only ruin any chance of gaining ground as it would be polluted for years to come. However I think I've heard somewhere recently that one of those that are threatening are not looking to detonate it in the air or on the ground. Instead they are using submarines to detonate and cause a tsunami that would initially wipe out millions of people that live on the coasts.

I would think to prepare for that would mean to be on higher ground, water proof your stashes etc.

Anyone else heard about this?

I heard about it on a radio show where someone brought it up recently. Here's an article about it. They are nuclear drones: What do we really know about Russia’s 'tsunami-making' nuclear drone?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟658,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That thing is huge and it's capabilities are staggering! Interesting it's been named Poseidon.

Russia's newest missile which can carry enough warheads on a single missile to take out the USA is called "Satan". At least it shows which side they're on.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Russia's newest missile which can carry enough warheads on a single missile to take out the USA is called "Satan". At least it shows which side they're on.
That dings a memory cell :) I think I heard about that too.
But I believe no weapon formed against me shall prosper - especially something called 'satan'

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

This may answer some of your questions. I pray you’re well and in good health. :)

~bella
That is interesting, at least the upper echelon can buy a place to survive. Even if I could afford it I doubt I would take advantage of it.

I'm doing ok, thanks for your prayers. :)

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟568,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We live a mile from the end of the runway of Shaw AFB in Sumter SC.
Not going to worry too much about fallout. I suspect we would be the fallout.

Upvote 0

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Russia sets off a tactical nuke over a city in Ukraine--maybe one now claimed by Russia.

A NATO country then sets one off over Moscow to show Putin that "we mean business"!

Russia then begins strikes against NATO countries (now that WW3 has begun), beginning with the one that Putin believes hit Moscow.

And the rest of the dominoes begin to fall.....

Don't forget that Russia and the USA aren't the only players. North Korea seems to be revving up their nuclear capability. Under Trump, they could barely get a missile off the ground. Under biden, they're able to reach the USA. Then there's Iran who biden wants to make nuclear deals with.
It doesn't make much sense to use tactical nuke over a city as a first step. Even less sense to nuke Moscow that immediately results in global nuclear war where everyone dies. That doesn't really send any message or show anything to anyone since just about everyone dies.

However there is always a silver lining....

North Korea is not a threat anymore due to great effort by Trump

“Just landed - a long trip, but everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office,” Trump tweeted as he arrived back in Washington. “There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea.”

Trump also said that his meeting with Kim was an “interesting and very positive experience” and that “North Korea has great potential for the future!”

As for Iran...well guess it depends what Israel will do about it. Will Iran start a war if Israel demolishes their nuclear research and production sites and whatever Israel really has capability for it.

With serious fallout the imminent danger would be other survivors. Good luck defending your stores.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟568,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You have to consider the crazy factor. You may have a nation with religious extremists who truly believe god wants them to nuc the great satan, and when they do, their god will protect them. They are on a divine mission!
Then there is the "sum of all fears" scenario where a 3rd party pops a nuc in a city of ours or our enemy and then points the finger at the other side... IOWs trying to start a fight.
We have heard that Russia has considered a tactical battlefield nuc in Ukraine, and Biden said that if that happened, then we would not react accordingly. Hense Biden invited Putin to do it with no fear of reprisal.
So in, these days, there are at least three scenarios where nucs could be used. MAD (mutually assured destruction) is gone as a deterrent.
Any suggestions or rebuttals? (No argument, just other views :pray:)

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,988.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder how many American Christians are going to sleep through a nuclear attack?

Any attack on America would come at night, and highly likely without warning - Pearl Harbor style. When we wake up in the morning we can head down to our fallout shelter. Too bad we have already been bathed in a fatal dose of radiation.

Recently, I've been studying the parable of the rich man and Lazarus [the poor man] in Luke 16:19-31. The rich man and the poor man die. The rich man immediately goes to hell and the poor man immediately goes to heaven. In hell, the rich man is in agony and just wants a drop of water from the poor man, Lazarus.

Interestingly, the description of hell with the agony and thirst is exactly what one would experience after a fatal dose of radiation with no care from others (they're dying too.)

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,483,307.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder how many American Christians are going to sleep through a nuclear attack?

Any attack on America would come at night, and highly likely without warning - Pearl Harbor style. When we wake up in the morning we can head down to our fallout shelter. Too bad we have already been bathed in a fatal dose of radiation.

Recently, I've been studying the parable of the rich man and Lazarus [the poor man] in Luke 16:19-31. The rich man and the poor man die. The rich man immediately goes to hell and the poor man immediately goes to heaven. In hell, the rich man is in agony and just wants a drop of water from the poor man, Lazarus.

Interestingly, the description of hell with the agony and thirst is exactly what one would experience after a fatal dose of radiation with no care from others (they're dying too.)
Back in the late 70s into the early 80s--when the chance of a nuclear attack was far, far, far greater than most people suspected and far, far, far greater than it is now--the DoD was charged by President Carter to develop war plans going beyond the

It was pretty tough, inasmuch as we couldn't know exactly what the Soviets were targeting. But we did have enough figures to determine that meaningful survival of an initial strike and its aftermath was indeed possible, and millions of people would, indeed survive. The Soviets do not have an unlimited number of weapons. Nuclear weapons are not some magical infinite death spell--they do have limitations in their effectiveness. Living in a boondocks community is, of course, the first step. And I did say "community."

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,483,307.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Get as close as you can to the blast area so you'll die quickly. Ain't no use trying to survive in a nuclear contaminated world.
There will be plenty of time to make that decision after seeing what the world really looks like at that point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,988.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Back in the late 70s into the early 80s--when the chance of a nuclear attack was far, far, far greater than most people suspected and far, far, far greater than it is now--the DoD was charged by President Carter to develop war plans going beyond the

It was pretty tough, inasmuch as we couldn't know exactly what the Soviets were targeting. But we did have enough figures to determine that meaningful survival of an initial strike and its aftermath was indeed possible, and millions of people would, indeed survive. The Soviets do not have an unlimited number of weapons. Nuclear weapons are not some magical infinite death spell--they do have limitations in their effectiveness. Living in a boondocks community is, of course, the first step. And I did say "community."

Interesting.

I always assumed that about 5% would survive mostly due to luck. Probably those folks on the West coast, given that fallout mostly travels from west to east as it hits the jetstream.

The Russians have enough fallout shelters for about 30% of their population. They think about nuclear war differently than we do. On Radio Echo (now off the air) not too long ago, they were talking about nuclear war like one talks about getting a parking ticket. It was unfortunate that I got the ticket but I really needed to park there, except it was really all about nuclear war. So what if a couple of billion people are wiped out in the process. I'm assuming that China will join Russia in any war.

Upvote 0

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There will be plenty of time to make that decision after seeing what the world really looks like at that point.
If this were a major nuclear war, I don't want to see what the world really looks like.

Y'all have fun in the aftermath. Not for me.

• Agree
Reactions: pgp_protector
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,483,307.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting.

I always assumed that about 5% would survive mostly due to luck. Probably those folks on the West coast, given that fallout mostly travels from west to east as it hits the jetstream.
Be 200 miles away from the nearest DGZ (mostly to avoid refugees), be under cover for the first couple of days, have thirty days of protected drinking water (which would include well water) and food, and be prepared to wash frequently for 30 days.
The Russians have enough fallout shelters for about 30% of their population. They think about nuclear war differently than we do. On Radio Echo (now off the air) not too long ago, they were talking about nuclear war like one talks about getting a parking ticket. It was unfortunate that I got the ticket but I really needed to park there, except it was really all about nuclear war. So what if a couple of billion people are wiped out in the process. I'm assuming that China will join Russia in any war.

I would assume that unless China had been involved in the ramp-up to the war, they would make it plain they were not involved at all. There would be no point in asking to be attacked...neither the US nor Russia have so many weapons that we'd expend any on China just for fun. There are more valid counter-force targets than there are weapons for them all.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟568,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Get as close as you can to the blast area so you'll die quickly. Ain't no use trying to survive in a nuclear contaminated world.
We live about a mile from Shaw AFB in Sumter, SC. 12 miles from Fort Jackson. Of course, if the Lord wants to keep us here, ain't no nuc going to bring us down.

Upvote 0