Mississippi
✟253,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You’re teaching flat earth. I believe the Lord, not you.

I do not want you to believe me, but not sure why you will not say. You believe science and not The Bible concerning God's creation

Upvote 0

Phil G

Grafted In
Sep 11, 2012
✟20,909.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not want you to believe me, but not sure why you will not say. You believe science and not The Bible concerning God's creation
Oh I believe the Word of God alright. I don’t believe your interpretation of it, which you then claim is God’s word, when it clearly isn’t.

• Agree
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟54,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
In the first century, not one person argued for science. (among the believers / followers of Jesus).
Today, among the followers of Jesus, we don't even think about science, thanks!

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟253,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Oh I believe the Word of God alright. I don’t believe your interpretation of it, which you then claim is God’s word, when it clearly isn’t.
-
Do you believe the stars of the sky will fall from heaven like figs dropping from a tree. Do you even believe the stars are in the sky.

Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0

Phil G

Grafted In
Sep 11, 2012
✟20,909.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Do you believe the stars of the say will fall from heaven like figs dropping from a tree. Do you even believe the stars are in the sky.
Sky where the stars are is space. What God will do He will do. Anything which happens at the return of Jesus will be miraculous.

You have not answered by challenges to your nonsense about a self luminous moon so I will not answer any more of your nonsense until you do.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟152,816.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you believe the stars of the sky will fall from heaven like figs dropping from a tree. Do you even believe the stars are in the sky.
The falling stars were meteorites, they had the same name for both, because in their culture they did not know the difference. Even today, people say "look, a falling star!" when they see a meteorite. Its the same thing.

Another meaning of the stars of heavens are authorities, both on the earth or in heaven.

Therefore, the verse means either meteorites, if literal, or authorities, if non-literal.

• Agree
Reactions: Phil G
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟152,816.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Its good to realize that ancient people (i.e. the authors of the Bible) did not distinguish between natural and supernatural.

Some things were common, some were extraordinary, but all were "supernatural". The separation of nature's mechanism from the spiritual world is a modern idea.

This may be relevant depending on how you define "miraculous".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phil G

Grafted In
Sep 11, 2012
✟20,909.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Like people , readers or guests or members, being saved from the lies or mistakes or errors of internet published material.
Don’t forget you are publishing on the internet courtesy of science.

The salvation of Jesus is to save us from the penalty if sin. Now that is miraculous.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟54,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Don’t forget you are publishing on the internet courtesy of science.
Don't forget science is of the flesh, and the flesh profits nothing (according to Jesus).

Ditto: the things of the world /flesh/ are >directly> opposed to the spirit.

Upvote 0

EclipseEventSigns

Jun 17, 2022
Western Canada
✟34,361.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No. Jesus is the Way to the Father, John 14:6. Jesus gives eternal life, John 3:16. Those who receive Jesus are sons of God, John 1:12.
There is no "might" about it. Have, abide, remain in Jesus, have eternal life. End of.

No idea; that's up to God.

His work and will is that we believe in Jesus and have eternal life, John 6:29, John 6:40.

Nonsense.
God wants people to know him, Romans 1:20. He doesn't throw a book at us and say "everything you need to know is in there somewhere. Find it and you'll get a reward; don't find it, oh, bad luck."
Typical reactionary post based on not even understanding what the original post was all about. Oh, make sure you get your opinion across. Everyone wants to know it.

Here's a research project for you: look at the verses talking about the milk for the babies and the meat for for those who want to take Christianity seriously.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Phil G

Grafted In
Sep 11, 2012
✟20,909.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think you are being honest.
I was being ironic. It kind of makes me laugh that FE’rs denounce scientists & science as liars & lies and say it is all of the flesh, yet use all of the benefits of science every day of their lives.

I have no problem with using technology because I don’t accept scientists & science as all liars and lies. Nor do I regard the use of technology as of the flesh.

Reactions: trophy33
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟152,816.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't forget science is of the flesh
Science is not of the flesh, because if this was the case, science would be with us since the beginning and common even among animals.

Inclinations and instincts are of the flesh - anger, fear, sexuality, "run or fight" survival instincts etc. Thats why we can observe them in all creatures having flesh, both us and animals.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,060,048.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Typical reactionary post based on not even understanding what the original post was all about. Oh, make sure you get your opinion across. Everyone wants to know it.

Here's a research project for you: look at the verses talking about the milk for the babies and the meat for for those who want to take Christianity seriously.
I'm not going to do anything for someone who can't show basic courtesy and Christian charity.
I wasn't posting my opinion, but Scripture; I'm sorry that's not good enough for you.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Apple Sky

In Sight Like Unto An Emerald
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟36,610.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
4. the firmament once was but is no more since Noah's flood.

So what stops us getting sucked up by this so called vacuum of space, which I have no belief in whats so ever.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.