• Yes, any time for any reason.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, for first and second trimest.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Yes, for the first trimester

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Yes, less than 8 weeks.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, only for a serious medical reason for the mother.

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • No.

Votes: 24 63.2%

• Total voters

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Just wondering what the percentages are for supporting or condemning abortion.

I myself feel it is the worst thing in human history since the Holocaust.

Do women who have had an abortion need grace (both from us and from our savior)? Of course! Reach out with compassion to these women. After all, we were there crucifying our messiah. If we were there we would not have done differently than the Pharisees, or political powers, or crowds even. We are guilty of the murder of Christ. As such, we should have compassion for women who know they did something wrong in having an abortion. There is forgiveness in Christ.

I'm leaving alone whether women or doctors involved in an abortion should be prosecuted. It may be at some future point in history but doesn't seem like a likely majority for some time (much like chattel slavery).

I probably will not vote in this poll.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vambram

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟768,676.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I probably will not vote in this poll.
Same but I think you covered the options well. I believe the orthodox Christian position is to be pro-life always. But what about in the case of sexual assault? Or potential loss of mothers life? Or major genetic abnormalities?

I'm just glad I'm not in the position to be making any of these excruciating moral decisions.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟338,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I interpreted your poll to mean "do you support the right to choose abortion?". I see abortion as in some ways similar to violent self-defense, and in other ways similar to an extreme life-saving medical procedure like amputation. It's a last resort, not a first resort, so I don't "support" abortion, exactly. But I support having the right to make that choice in early pregnancy, or in cases where the pregnancy has gone badly wrong. Sometimes it's the least awful choice. I voted for "first trimester", though it's more complicated than that.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟403,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
The only time i struggle with the thought of abortion is if it saves the life of the mom, but then i know who am i to choose who lives and dies, me choosing to take the life off a baby to save the mom, if it's God's time for the mom and the baby will live, oh this is so tough. I choose no as the option but i fear moms passing because of child birth. When i was married i was always afraid of my wife having health problems if she had a kid.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I choose no as the option but i fear moms passing because of child birth.

Just a note about this but the child has to come out of the mother one way or another. And AFAK, there are zero reasons to abort a child to save the mother's life in the 3rd trimester. In other words, it would not make much of a difference here. The real difference is how the baby comes out. It can come out healthy or it can come out by tearing it to pieces as it comes out (while the child is still alive) in the 3rd trimester.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟403,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Just a note about this but the child has to come out of the mother one way or another. And AFAK, there are zero reasons to abort a child to save the mother's life in the 3rd trimester. In other words, it would not make much of a difference here. The real difference is how the baby comes out. It can come out healthy or it can come out by tearing it to pieces as it comes out (while the child is still alive) in the 3rd trimester.
well then I would pray in excess for my then wife and look forward to seeing her in Heaven someday, and I would take care of our child the best I could for the rest of my life

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
well then I would pray in excess for my then wife and look forward to seeing her in Heaven someday, and I would take care of our child the best I could for the rest of my life

You can catch how a fetus will harm the mother much earlier than the 3rd trimester though.

I did not mean to shock you so sorry about that. But there is a reason I think it is the Holocaust of our generation, and I mean that quite literally.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟403,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
You can catch how a fetus will harm the mother much earlier than the 3rd trimester though.

I did not mean to shock you so sorry about that. But there is a reason I think it is the Holocaust of our generation, and I mean that quite literally.
It truly is. I remember being in Junior high and how passionate this girl in my class was about abortion being the right thing. She asked my opinion, and when I gave it she said because I'm a guy I have no say.

She had no idea she was talking to the son of a teen mom who was told to get an abortion. I'm a guy yes but the decision to keep me affected me still.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
It truly is. I remember being in Junior high and how passionate this girl in my class was about abortion being the right thing. She asked my opinion, and when I gave it she said because I'm a guy I have no say.

She had no idea she was talking to the son of a teen mom who was told to get an abortion. I'm a guy yes but the decision to keep me affected me still.

Your mother is a hero.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,512,695.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
And AFAK, there are zero reasons to abort a child to save the mother's life in the 3rd trimester.
Look, honestly, it does the pro-life side no favours to peddle obvious misinformation. There are times in the third trimester where a mother's life is on the line. Placental abruption leading to haemorrhagic shock would be an example. Infection leading to sepsis would be another.

None of the poll options would quite accurately represent my position; while in general I would want to see abortion avoided if at all possible, I recognise that it isn't always possible.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Look, honestly, it does the pro-life side no favours to peddle obvious misinformation. There are times in the third trimester where a mother's life is on the line. Placental abruption leading to haemorrhagic shock would be an example. Infection leading to sepsis would be another.

Are these things outside of any other birth? In other words, are these things always a risk, or are these special cases that are in addition to a normal birth?

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,512,695.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Are these things outside of any other birth? In other words, are these things always a risk, or are these special cases that are in addition to a normal birth?
These are conditions that have nothing to do with a normal birth.
@Paidiske,

You are aware that in pretty much every case that you can think of you can just deliver the baby instead of killing it in the 3rd trimester, right?
That would still be untrue. It's possible in some cases for very premature babies (like early third trimester) to survive, but not always, by any means. Placental abruption can lead to stillbirth even when every effort is made to save the child.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
That would still be untrue. It's possible in some cases for very premature babies (like early third trimester) to survive, but not always, by any means. Placental abruption can lead to stillbirth even when every effort is made to save the child.

Fine, I will give you that. But then what reason is there to justify killing the baby? Like, actually kill it by chopping it in pieces and sucking it's brain out? Can you think of a reason in the 3rd trimester why we should kill it instead of delivering it and see if the baby dies or not? If it dies, then it dies, but that is no reason to kill it.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,512,695.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Fine, I will give you that.
Excellent. So please avoid blatantly untrue statements such as that there are zero reasons why abortion might be necessary to protect a mother's life during the third trimester. If the mother's life is a priority, delivering the baby may well be too risky.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
blatantly untrue statements such as that there are zero reasons why abortion might be necessary to protect a mother's life during the third trimester.

Still waiting on the evidence for that. The question is why we should kill it (it ends in the child's death as life begins at conception) instead of delivering it. That's the question which you have not answered.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,512,695.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Still waiting on the evidence for that. The question is why we should kill it (it ends in the child's death as life begins at conception) instead of delivering it. That's the question which you have not answered.
Sometimes safe delivery is not possible. That's the reality which needs to be accepted.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Sometimes safe delivery is not possible. That's the reality which needs to be accepted.

Okay, I didn't ask if safe delivery is possible. My question is why we should kill the fetus? You can assert that safe delivery is not always possible, but I am going to need some more specific details of when that is the case because I simply do not believe you and I are talking about the same reality.

And yes, it is killing. Life begins at conception. Now, you want to justify killing the fetus due to your liberal views, but that is not God's view. Was it not John the Immerser who was filled with the Holy Spirit before he had done anything? Did not Jeremiah say, "You knit me in my mother's womb"? Did God not know Jacob and Esau before they were born?

Upvote 0