Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hello Hope, welcome to Christian Forums and to this forum, in particular. I am Gillian from Northern Ireland.

Sorry to hear your husband's cancer has returned, MP. That must be disheartening - praying you will know God's strength, comfort and courage. My husband is still in the care home and is likely to stay there indefinitely as he can't do much for himself. He had a week in hospital with an infection. He also tested positive for COVID and had to self-isolate. I was told it would be for two weeks but they discharged him yesterday, after just one week. He tested negative yesterday and will be tested again tomorrow. if that result is negative I will be able to visit him again. I had to choose a song to be sung at our church women's fellowship. I chose 'My Troubled Soul'.

Better go and put the bins out - two recycling and one food waste.

Blessings to all.
Gillian

Upvote 0

Hoping

Regaining My Faith :)
Mar 8, 2022
USA, Southeast
✟10,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Ha ha, yes a cookie. I make them quite frequently. Just 1 cup of peanut butter an egg and half a cup of Erythritol (sugar replacement). It makes about 16 cookies.
I like the idea of growing lettuce and kale. I must try it this year, also replacing my parsley which hasn't survived the winter.
We have a garden railway which is fun but the trains haven't been running with Peter being poorly.
My books all come from Amazon, and my book shelves are full. Then there is the music room, full of hymn books, music etc. I play and teach piano and retired as a Church organist a few years ago due to a lung condition.
Well it has been a lovely Spring day today although quite cold. Another night and I am up with my cocoa and cookie.
I pray for you and your friend to share a Bible verse and prayer. Just the right time coming up to Easter.
I love the Psalms and a favourite verse of the moment is Psalms 4:8
I will both lay me down in peace and sleep, for thou, Lord, only, makes me dwell in safety.
Well, I had better try to sleep again.
Goodnight and God bless us all with sleep tonight in Jesus's precious name.
Hi again, musicalpilgrim,

I think I'm about done with the pen pal questions, and have enough to go on for conversation.
I use erythritol too, but often mix it with "real" sugar for the taste. When I make cookies I share them with neighbors and don't want them going "Ick! Yuck!" and throwing my cookies away. Over time, I may switch in more and more ery. I wonder if some people have bad reactions to it. Hmm, better look it up.
A key to enjoying kale is to pick the leaves when they're about the size of the palm of your hand; then you can just steam them for a few minutes, or if even smaller, eat them uncooked in a green salad.
I play the piano for fun--had about 2 years of lessons as a child--but wow, church organist! I have a hard time playing hymns. So many parts, and such a range and hard reaches.
That is a nice verse, about sleep. I wonder if saying it at bedtime would soothe a person.
Later....

Upvote 0

Hoping

Mar 8, 2022
USA, Southeast
✟10,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Thank you, Gillian. I'm sorry to hear that your husband also has health problems. I hope you're doing okay. I also hope that you'll post on this thread some more. We have 2 good chattery people but a few more would be even better.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,623,842.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
A lovely sparkly morning in the UK and the birds are busy nest building. A great fat bumble bee is back in our garden, it was here yesterday. Buzzing around happily.
Time for a brew, :coffee: :)

Upvote 0

Hoping

Mar 8, 2022
USA, Southeast
✟10,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
A lovely sparkly morning in the UK and the birds are busy nest building. A great fat bumble bee is back in our garden, it was here yesterday. Buzzing around happily.
Time for a brew, :coffee: :)
What a pleasant post. I hope it means things are going well for you. I'm still having sleep problems but I'm working on it, and if successful maybe I can leave messages like yours.
"Chewy chewy chewy chewy..." Old song lyrics are sometimes kind of silly.
Don't worry about the romantic stuff on there; just part of the song.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,623,842.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Such a lovely day today, did a little gardening, not a lot.
My husband did a little but is unsteady on his feet. It felt so good to be out in the sunshine. :)

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hope, I don't have a lot of time for posting. My husband had a stroke in July 2020 and now has aphasia as a result, which means I have to deal with all his affairs. He is permanently in a care home now.

Taking a break for a mug of spiced chai and a plum. It was raining here earlier, but it has cleared up now.

Blessings,

Gillian

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟424,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Church was interesting last night- very convicting. We’ve been studying pride and a number of thing in Proverbs for at least seven weeks. I always feel like I’ve done something wrong and probably have. I wish my pastor would keep his personal feelings out of the holy spirits business. Because as we say it seems all about me. It don’t know the remedy for that. Maybe it’s spending a sleepless night on the forum. Yep!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,623,842.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
My husband died, October 2022, and it is a little easier now without him, although still difficult as we had been married all our adult life, about 56 years.
The Lord is good and I am well looked after. I have a very good daughter who lives nearby, and I have started learning ancient Hebrew.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,623,842.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Still, battling away with the Hebrew, I would love to be able to go to Israel for a holiday. This is what I am learning, basic stuff as I am a beginner.
אמא
באה

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟424,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Man that @Rescued One shes so dit,dit dit dit. We she says something people listen and think, dat dat dat. And she talks like wid did deet feet. But all in all she’s so strong and fiddle de dee. Kind a like one of those rutabagas and all.
And and crandoons and fritzelfratz. We loves ya come back if your listening or alive!? Pretty please!?

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Wow
Still, battling away with the Hebrew, I would love to be able to go to Israel for a holiday. This is what I am learning, basic stuff as I am a beginner.
אמא
באה
Wow that's amazing
I hope it's going well.

Upvote 0