✟9,136.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello,

I too often sin (lust) and unlike what some Youtube videos say about what to do after sinning, I just can't feel guilt or shame of what I did.
I would love to just respect God's laws and be able to truly repent because of some sort of guilt or attraction to getting back to God.
I try to ask for forgiveness after sinning but I think it's more because it's what everyone says, not because a strong unpleasant feeling attracts me to repent immediately.
I'm starting to wonder if I even am truly a Christian or just some person who tries to be one without truly being one
This is the same for most sins such as gossip or even thinking bad stuff on people. It's like nothing inside me is pulling me to God once I do a mistake
How is that? Since I can't even feel anything to truly get back to God after sinning, does that mean the relation with God I think I have is just pure imagination?

• Prayers
Reactions: St_Worm2

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟913,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

I too often sin (lust) and unlike what some Youtube videos say about what to do after sinning, I just can't feel guilt or shame of what I did.
I would love to just respect God's laws and be able to truly repent because of some sort of guilt or attraction to getting back to God.
I try to ask for forgiveness after sinning but I think it's more because it's what everyone says, not because a strong unpleasant feeling attracts me to repent immediately.
I'm starting to wonder if I even am truly a Christian or just some person who tries to be one without truly being one
This is the same for most sins such as gossip or even thinking bad stuff on people. It's like nothing inside me is pulling me to God once I do a mistake
How is that? Since I can't even feel anything to truly get back to God after sinning, does that mean the relation with God I think I have is just pure imagination?
Have you received His Holy Spirit ?

• Useful
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟110,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

I'm here to offer you comfort and encouragement based on scripture. It's important to remember that we all struggle with sin, and feeling guilt or shame after committing a sin is not a sign of true faith or righteousness. Instead, it's a natural response to recognizing the harm we've caused and our desire to seek forgiveness and restoration with God. For me, I have struggled with lust (well, thankfully not inappropriate content, as that stuff is plain gross), but with having attraction for well dressed Asian guys and some guys and gals in general.

Here are some Bible verses that may bring you comfort and help you understand that you're not alone in your struggles:

1. Romans 3:23 - "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

This verse reminds us that we're all imperfect beings and that sin is a part of the human condition. It's important to recognize our mistakes, but it's also crucial to remember that God's grace and forgiveness are available to us regardless of our past sins.

2. 1 John 1:9 - "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

This verse assures us that when we confess our sins, God is faithful to forgive us and cleanse us from our unrighteousness. It's not the feeling of guilt or shame that saves us, but rather the sincere desire to seek forgiveness and restoration with God.

3. Psalm 51:4 - "Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight; so you are right in your verdict and justified when you judge."

David, one of the greatest kings in Israel's history, acknowledged that his sin was ultimately against God and that seeking forgiveness required humility and repentance. This verse reminds us that our relationship with God is based on our obedience to His commands, not on how we feel.

4. 2 Corinthians 5:17 - "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!"

This verse reminds us that when we accept Jesus as our Savior and Lord, we're made new in Him. Our past sins are forgiven, and we're given a fresh start to live a life pleasing to God. It's imperative that we focus on our new identity in Christ rather than dwelling on our past mistakes or struggles with sin.

5. Galatians 2:20 - "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

This verse reminds us that we're not alone in our struggles with sin. We're united with Christ, who lived a perfect life and died on the cross for our sins. By faith in Him, we can live a life pleasing to God, even when we stumble or fall short.

Madison (or however your name is), I want you to know that your struggles with sin and feelings of guilt or shame are common among believers. Please remember that our relationship with God is based on His grace, mercy, and love for us, not on our feelings or our ability to perfectly obey His commands. Seek comfort in the promises of God's Word, and continue to pray for a deeper understanding of His love and forgiveness for you. You are not alone, and your struggles do not define your identity in Christ.

Upvote 0

madidson857

Apr 4, 2024
Toronto
✟9,136.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm here to offer you comfort and encouragement based on scripture. It's important to remember that we all struggle with sin, and feeling guilt or shame after committing a sin is not a sign of true faith or righteousness. Instead, it's a natural response to recognizing the harm we've caused and our desire to seek forgiveness and restoration with God. For me, I have struggled with lust (well, thankfully not inappropriate content, as that stuff is plain gross), but with having attraction for well dressed Asian guys and some guys and gals in general.

Here are some Bible verses that may bring you comfort and help you understand that you're not alone in your struggles:

1. Romans 3:23 - "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

This verse reminds us that we're all imperfect beings and that sin is a part of the human condition. It's important to recognize our mistakes, but it's also crucial to remember that God's grace and forgiveness are available to us regardless of our past sins.

2. 1 John 1:9 - "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

This verse assures us that when we confess our sins, God is faithful to forgive us and cleanse us from our unrighteousness. It's not the feeling of guilt or shame that saves us, but rather the sincere desire to seek forgiveness and restoration with God.

3. Psalm 51:4 - "Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight; so you are right in your verdict and justified when you judge."

David, one of the greatest kings in Israel's history, acknowledged that his sin was ultimately against God and that seeking forgiveness required humility and repentance. This verse reminds us that our relationship with God is based on our obedience to His commands, not on how we feel.

4. 2 Corinthians 5:17 - "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!"

This verse reminds us that when we accept Jesus as our Savior and Lord, we're made new in Him. Our past sins are forgiven, and we're given a fresh start to live a life pleasing to God. It's imperative that we focus on our new identity in Christ rather than dwelling on our past mistakes or struggles with sin.

5. Galatians 2:20 - "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

This verse reminds us that we're not alone in our struggles with sin. We're united with Christ, who lived a perfect life and died on the cross for our sins. By faith in Him, we can live a life pleasing to God, even when we stumble or fall short.

Madison (or however your name is), I want you to know that your struggles with sin and feelings of guilt or shame are common among believers. Please remember that our relationship with God is based on His grace, mercy, and love for us, not on our feelings or our ability to perfectly obey His commands. Seek comfort in the promises of God's Word, and continue to pray for a deeper understanding of His love and forgiveness for you. You are not alone, and your struggles do not define your identity in Christ.
Thank you so much for your reply, it really could make me see better the forgiveness of God
But did I even accept Christ? I say to myself that I did, but wouldn't I feel this guilt, or at least something pulling me to God, after sinning, if I did?

• Useful
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟110,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you so much for your reply, it really could make me see better the forgiveness of God
But did I even accept Christ? I say to myself that I did, but wouldn't I feel this guilt, or at least something pulling me to God, after sinning, if I did?
You are welcome. I think you did accept Christ, as you are striving to become more Christ-like by discussing your issue on the forum :). Just talk to a pastor or leader, and always pray to God about this. He will help you. Not everyone feels a pang of guilt, while others would. We are all made differently.

Upvote 0

madidson857

Apr 4, 2024
Toronto
✟9,136.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are welcome. I think you did accept Christ, as you are striving to become more Christ-like by discussing your issue on the forum :). Just talk to a pastor or leader, and always pray to God about this. He will help you. Not everyone feels a pang of guilt, while others would. We are all made differently.
Thank you very much for your reply! I will try to pray about this.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟110,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you very much for your reply! I will try to pray about this.
You are welcome. Also, remember that a priest or pastor can be there for you to guide you through any and all rough situations, regardless of issues.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟218,154.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I just can't feel guilt or shame of what I did.
Whether you do or whether you don't, don't focus on that. Just repent. Nobody said our flesh is always going to like the will of God. Remember what Paul stated about even his own flesh the main thing is to do what God is telling you to do whether you want to do it (from a fleshly standpoint) or not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
we all struggle with sin
That is nice that God wants to test us. But why can't He just make us the way He wants us. Genesis says it is good, but now all of a sudden it is not good. Then what happened that it is not good anymore. If He does not want people to eat forbidden fruit then don't put it there to eat.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟110,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is nice that God wants to test us. But why can't He just make us the way He wants us. Genesis says it is good, but now all of a sudden it is not good. Then what happened that it is not good anymore. If He does not want people to eat forbidden fruit then don't put it there to eat.
God gave us free will. That is the sign of love. :)

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟110,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not according to Calvin. God tells us that He gives us choice. Life or death, blessing or curse, sickness or health. We decide.
And our decision is based upon our free will. We choose life or death. But hey, we are not gonna debate free will.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟218,154.00
Faith
Non-Denom
That is nice that God wants to test us.
With Adam and Eve at least it not that he wanted to test them. It's more that he would not be LOVE if he did not allow an expression where they wouldn't serve him.
But why can't He just make us the way He wants us.
But here's what you need to get. He did make us the way he wants us.....with free will to choose where you're not a robot.
Genesis says it is good, but now all of a sudden it is not good. Then what happened that it is not good anymore.
Spiritual darkness of death entered into the human experience. That's the thing that wasn't good.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
It's more that he would not be LOVE if he did not allow an expression where they wouldn't serve him.
The problem with that is that there are consequences for not serving Him. Moses tells us we choose life or death, sickness or health, blessing or curse. Infact life is filled with choice and we are constantly making choices.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,938,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I don't really know, how can I be assured if I did or not?
Hello Madidson, there are many ways that we can "test" ourselves (e.g. 2 Corinthians 13:5), and here are but a few of those.

1. Think back to your life ~prior~ to coming to saving faith in Christ. Is there a noticeable difference in the way that you used to live back then (outside of Christ) when compared with how you are living today (in Christ/since becoming a believer)? (IOW, is there a noticeable difference in the things that you choose to do now, in how you act, in what you say, in how you think/what you think about, in what you want/desire the most, in how/what you think about God .. and about others, etc., or is everything the same for the most part?)​
2. Take a look at the following passage. Is your life characterized (for the most part) by many of the things that are mentioned in v19-21, or has your life begun to look at least somewhat more like what is described in v22-23 instead?​

Galatians 5
19 The deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,
20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,
21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

I will stop here and give you some time to reply (if you want to).

God bless you!!

--David
p.s. - I am somewhat hesitant to mention this, but another thing that gives us assurance is how we/Christians feel after we commit a sin (typically grieved, ashamed, horrified, etc.), but since your focus seemed to be on the sin of "lust" in the OP, I'm starting to wonder if what you are actually dealing with is a temptation, rather than a sin? (not that dealing with a recurring temptation is in anyway fun, but it a very different thing than sin is, and it's something that we, obviously, respond or react to differently than we do to actual sin)

"Lust" can be both/either, just FYI (a temptation or a sin), it just depends on how far we let it go and what we do with it once we recognize it as such.

We can talk more about this if you'd like to (how to know the difference between temptation and sin if you're not sure, and what to do if it's mostly temptation that you are fighting against).

Just let me/us know.

BTW, I don't know how old you are in Christ, but when I was a new believer there were many things that I believed were probably sin/sinful that I eventually figured out were not (things like most of the temptations that were hitting my mind all day long back then ;)).

Psalm 119
9 How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to Thy word.
11 Thy word I have treasured/hidden in my heart, that I may not sin against Thee :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟218,154.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The problem with that is that there are consequences for not serving Him. Moses tells us we choose life or death, sickness or health, blessing or curse. Infact life is filled with choice and we are constantly making choices.
LOVE would not be just however if there wasn't punishment for sin not ever being repented of.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
LOVE would not be just however if there wasn't punishment for sin not ever being repented of.
If people use and abuse others, it is going to come back on them. Even they say that is what Hell is all about. People having to suffer the pain that they inflicted on others. Even that is what prison is suppose to be all about. In the old days people would get locked out of the city and it can be a difficult world out there. They had to ban together and David was their leader.

Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟171,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

Why was this opening post written and posted?

Upvote 0